BRosenow
PPCGeeks Regular

BRosenow is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] Project: Teya 1.8.0 [22-Apr-2011]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderz72 View Post
I've been stuck on the "configuring your device" screen for a little over 10 mins...what's the expected time for this screen? I know on previous versions it was usually pretty quick on initial startup.

I think I might try re-flashing to see if that helps at all. Thanks again.

UPDATE: I've tried pulling the battery as well as soft re-setting a few times, while allowing varying times of "startup" each attempt. The shortest was about 5 mins, longest was just over an hour. Each time, it displays "Thank you for using Project: Teya" and then gets stuck on the "configuring your device" screen. I tried hard reset also, same result.

Luckily I was able to re-flash stock ROM in bootloader mode. This is the only way I could get any type of response out of the phone. No matter what stage of startup, I could not establish an ActiveSync connection in any way.

Anyone else having issues?
YES - this has been a painful, and so far unsuccessful upgrade for me. Like Anderz72, my Imagio got stuck on the "Configuring your device . . ." screen for 10+ minutes. Soft-reset, hard-reset, they all got me back to exactly the same place. I got frustrated and attempted to load other ROMS by placing the WHITIMG.nbh files on my MicroSD cards (first my 16GB and then my 2GB) and each time it errored out with "No image file!". I was finally able to go into Bootloader mode, connect the USB cable and run the install of the MR2 update, which succeeded. Man - this thing came with an UGLY ROM!

Having gotten the stock ROM installed and configured, I figured I would give Teya 1.8 another go . . . and it just won't get past the "Configuring" screen. I'm hoping I can get back to Teya 1.7 and get back to work.

I can't say I know what the problem is, but 1.8 JUST WON'T LOAD for me.