PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Would You Prefer a Very Basic ROM with Functionality to Add Cabs on the Fly
Yes - Strip it All Out and Provide Cabs for Stripped Out Pieces 7 46.67%
No - I Actually Like What You Have Incorporated into Your ROMs 5 33.33%
Maybe - Pear Back What You Have Included to Something Smaller 3 20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2010, 05:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Steve's Imagio Manila ROM v1.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonpulaski View Post
Ok - so yes - I do get the 3 options. I can connect to the internet with the internet sharing option.

But we may not be on the same page. If you never use Modem Link then it may be hard to explain (or maybe you understand and I just don't). In the Windows directory there is Modem Link.lnk. If you hit that it brings up a program that is entirely different then the program you get with USB to PC.

I pay Verizon $30 a month for 5G of data for phone as modem. I do that bc I am afraid they will see my data usage with the CM Wifi and bust me. So Verizon offers a program for my desktop called VZ Access Manager. I run Modem Link. Plug in via USB. Run VZ Access and then connect to the web. Well, now I only get an error.

"Connection failed - there was a hardware failure in the modem (or other connecting device) error 692."

So Internet Sharing option works. Modem Link does not (and yes I plugged in the USB hit the 3rd option etc.) I know Modem Link works on at least one custom rom (MyCleanImagio).

Any ways - if you can think of something - great. If not - say la vi (or however you spell it).

Oh yeah - is there way to place the CHTLockScreen on one of my quicklinks? I tried DeviceLock.exe but that was the stock one. I know you can hit Menu\Lockscreen, but it takes like 10 minutes for the menu to scroll up.

thanks.
Unless I am totally wrong Internet Sharing allows for the use of your phone's modem. Is that not what you are looking for? I did not include Modem Link since I thought that is what Internet Sharing does. Help!?!?

I will look into CHT Lockscreen, as I do not use it to lock my screen. I use what I think is a vastly superior product in S2U2.

Steve
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:34 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff
Re: Steve's Imagio Manila ROM v1.1

New updated ROM links are in first post. I have also added a change log to detail major revisions. Not everything will be captured in this change log.

I would be interested in knowing how battery life is with either ROM. I have some different reports and am trying to get a handle on if these ROMs have an issue with battery life.

Steve

Last edited by spetrillo; 05-18-2010 at 05:41 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon

dedi2034 is becoming a great contributor

" The file link that you requested is not valid. "

Can't download the link.....
Old 05-18-2010, 05:47 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedi2034 View Post
" The file link that you requested is not valid. "

Can't download the link.....
Links fixed.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetrillo View Post
Unless I am totally wrong Internet Sharing allows for the use of your phone's modem. Is that not what you are looking for? I did not include Modem Link since I thought that is what Internet Sharing does. Help!?!?

I will look into CHT Lockscreen, as I do not use it to lock my screen. I use what I think is a vastly superior product in S2U2.

Steve
Modem Link allows my phone to connect to VZ Access Manager - which is Verizon'z only approved way of tethering your device to your computer. Internet Sharing allows me to connect - but it does not allow me to connect via Verizon's officially sanctioned method. Of course using a custom rom isn't high on their officially sanctioned list is it? But if you are going to continue to make improvements - I would appreciate a version with Modem Link working.

So S2U2? Well, it must work well with this rom. It is free isn't it? And it can be mapped to a quick link? I will give it a try.

thanks for working with me.

When are you going to put a donation link in case someone wants to buy you a coke?
Old 05-18-2010, 06:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetrillo View Post
Links fixed.

I redownloaded the link, and i am still getting that error message about manila. Sorry.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:27 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Same story

Error

Run XML
\windows\APPostConfig.xml fa
Code:0x80004005

Stays on the screen.
Radio
1.39.00.0627r
Old 05-18-2010, 07:09 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonpulaski View Post
Modem Link allows my phone to connect to VZ Access Manager - which is Verizon'z only approved way of tethering your device to your computer. Internet Sharing allows me to connect - but it does not allow me to connect via Verizon's officially sanctioned method. Of course using a custom rom isn't high on their officially sanctioned list is it? But if you are going to continue to make improvements - I would appreciate a version with Modem Link working.

So S2U2? Well, it must work well with this rom. It is free isn't it? And it can be mapped to a quick link? I will give it a try.

thanks for working with me.

When are you going to put a donation link in case someone wants to buy you a coke?
http://www.ac-s2.com/
Old 05-18-2010, 07:37 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh00jh View Post
Same story

Error

Run XML
\windows\APPostConfig.xml fa
Code:0x80004005

Stays on the screen.
Ok updated and tested...please try the link on the first post.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I have a question about the task manager. I was previously told on another rom that i used to use touch X task manager to be able to add the x at the top of the screen, and you can set it to close open programs, I have the cab on my storage card, but for some reason, its not allowing me to install it. Does anyone know why this is happening, and how i can set this rom to have the x and set it to close the running programs?

Ok, and also, I tried to install xda shutdown, I can't install that either. Im not able to install anything. Any idea whats going on?

PS. It doesn't even give me an option to install on memory, or storage card. Just tells me unsuccessful..

Last edited by dedi2034; 05-18-2010 at 08:27 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development