PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Would You Prefer a Very Basic ROM with Functionality to Add Cabs on the Fly
Yes - Strip it All Out and Provide Cabs for Stripped Out Pieces 7 46.67%
No - I Actually Like What You Have Incorporated into Your ROMs 5 33.33%
Maybe - Pear Back What You Have Included to Something Smaller 3 20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2010, 09:54 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Re: Steve's Imagio Manila ROM v1.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbrain View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

My wife's Incredible taking forever to ship. they're so back-ordered.
How does this ROM compare to mycleanimagio in terms of stability? anyone using it with live mail? no issues with freezing up?
This rom was stable and did not freeze up. Lots of free memory. Using hotmail, works fine.

Sent by my Droid Incredible with Tapatalk Pro
Radio
1.39.00.0627r
Old 05-15-2010, 09:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Q9C
Carrier: VZW

johnbrain is just getting started
Re: Steve's Imagio Manila ROM v1.0

Sorry. Just a little more info needed. Do I need to install latest MyPhone, Live, and total Commanader. Also does it have wifi sharing in the comm manager?

It sounds promising.
Old 05-15-2010, 10:33 AM
Almost a VIP

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

It is the basic rom , thus so much free memory. You will need to add your .cabs to have the apps you want. Kind of like a kitchen.
Old 05-15-2010, 12:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh00jh View Post
It is the basic rom , thus so much free memory. You will need to add your .cabs to have the apps you want. Kind of like a kitchen.
Exactly. My mission, unlike alot of others with ROMs here, is to provide the most stable basic ROM I can. I have alot of changes coming that will increase stability, and make addtl memory available to apps. I do not want to be in the app business since people have their own tastes. I leave that to you. I will say this. My next ROM will have Sashimi cooked into the ROM, so you will have a tool that can automate the installation of apps. I have been using Sashimi for a long time and absolutely love it.

Changes will be delayed as I lost my external hdd that contained my kitchen, etc. I am working on putting the pieces back together, so I do not expect a long delay. I just want to set everyone's expectations properly. I am going to move the existing ROM to a diff sharing site, so you can get better access to it. I will be completing this today.

Thanks for the initial feedback. You guys have been nice to provide it to me. As stated in the first post this is my first shot out of the gate, but I am very hopeful I can provide a quality ROM that everyone can use.

As always you can PM me with ideas here, email me at spetrillo@mail2web.com, or come to PPCKitchen.org. You will find some of the best WinMo minds I have had the pleasure to work with.

Thanks,
Steve
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-15-2010, 12:10 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeathmetal View Post
i really need screenshot!!!! I want to know How does it look like!!!
This is a basic ROM. I am using a basic black gloss theme. Nothing too fancy, as I want to live by the KISS principle. I know there are alot of themes out there, and the people who have developed them have spent their life blood putting them together. I would look into something you like and that can be an add-on.

Once I get my external hdd back in order I will pop up a couple of screenshots.

Steve
Old 05-15-2010, 12:12 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh00jh View Post
Yeah , I really hated the roms that I had to try to get rid of so many apps I never use, just so much wasted memory. That's why I liked kitchens so much.

I really like my Incredible , it is the first HTC phone that I have used that works the way it should . Everything just works right ,nothing really needs to be changed. No lags , freezes , plenty of speed and memory. With the 2.2 update there will be even more speed and memory. Not to mention thousands of apps.

Anyway , this is a good rom you have here and I will check for updates.
I am working on porting Android over to the Imagio myself. Its a great learning exercise, and I have met some of the dev people who are doing the TP2/Topaz/Blackstone GSM/CDMA Android dev. I have high hopes for Android but its still has to go aways in terms of matching the maturity of WinMo.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:38 AM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetrillo View Post
I am working on porting Android over to the Imagio myself. Its a great learning exercise, and I have met some of the dev people who are doing the TP2/Topaz/Blackstone GSM/CDMA Android dev. I have high hopes for Android but its still has to go aways in terms of matching the maturity of WinMo.
PM me on that I'm working on it too somewhat. Phh had me run a few mem mapping dumps and such. Lets work together on this as free time for me lately is limited.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:52 AM
Almost a VIP

Three days and the rom is still running fast and smooth.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

Steve -I am using your rom. I really enjoy it. It is very stable. I here so much about 6.5.x versions crashing and freezing that I was really leary of giving it a try. But I haven't had any of those issues with this Rom. So thanks a bunch.

Thanks for the reply to my email (about setting up data). I got it. Perhaps you could update your first post with a couple of things (if you want to - it is your thread).

1. The data set up - it can be ignored. There might be some "type A" people like me that are wondering if they will not be able to connect without filling in the blanks.

2. I was also surprised when that there was no Office Suite. I don't really use it that much but for whatever reason I like to have it (like I said - type A personality). You may want to give people a heads up. Fortunately I found a .cab for the 2007 Office and was able to update to 2010 via the marketplace.

Also - I use Modem Link (in the Windows directory) to connect my phone as a modem (with VZ Access Manager). That does not seem to function with your rom. I will give it a few more tries - but I was wondering if there was anything you knew about that (if you have any idea what I am talking about).

thanks again.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:09 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Back in Business

Morning all,

Well I am back in business and do apologize for the delay. Losing a hdd can be a traumatic experience. I will answer all your questions as we go along.

First thing is there is a new link on the first post for the current ROM. If you had trouble in the past getting it please try again with the new link.

As always comments/suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Steve

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development