PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Would You Prefer a Very Basic ROM with Functionality to Add Cabs on the Fly
Yes - Strip it All Out and Provide Cabs for Stripped Out Pieces 7 46.67%
No - I Actually Like What You Have Incorporated into Your ROMs 5 33.33%
Maybe - Pear Back What You Have Included to Something Smaller 3 20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2010, 04:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Steve's Imagio Manila ROM v1.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisra View Post
Here is the taskbar that I'm using:

MyCleanImagio - Taskbar Icons Android.cab
If you could provide a link that would be helpful...thanks!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc Imagio, htc Evo
Carrier: Iusacell

crisra is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetrillo View Post
If you could provide a link that would be helpful...thanks!
sorry... here is:
MyCleanImagio - Taskbar Icons Android.cab
Old 05-21-2010, 12:26 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff

Quote:
Are you trying to install on my 21903 or 23563 ROM? If 23563 then it will not work.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc Imagio, htc Evo
Carrier: Iusacell

crisra is a n00b

Quote:
Are you trying to install on my 21903 or 23563 ROM? If 23563 then it will not work.
why not on 23563?
Old 05-21-2010, 12:46 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
why not on 23563?
As per the MyCleanImagio posting:

Version 1.9 235XX with CHT 1.6.1 (The themes available at the cab repository will not work with this build. Consider this a "just for fun" build)
Please understand 23563 is a beta build, so may contain sys/graphics glitches, everything I do on 21874, seems to be working on 23563 fairly well, did not had to reset yet! Please understand, as I stated before, I'm not planning to keep up with these beta builds... however I'll post from time to time MyCleanImagio with them... 21874 is the stable one. This version uses Showcase as a task manager, and "you" need to learn how to use it! This is my 1st release of MyCleanImagio with WM 6.5.5.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:22 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: Verizon

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

Hey Steve - I remembered something I wanted to ask you. I am using 23563. In Personal\Buttons - the Multimedia key is no longer listed there. I usually set mine to camera so if I need to take a quick pic I don't have to find the shortcut on my phone.

Is there some way to map the camera application to the multimedia key?

thanks.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC HD2 / HTC Imagio
Carrier: T-Mobile

adortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuff

Quote:
why not on 23563?
Quote:
Can your Android icon cab be installed on its own, or is it part of a set of taskbar cabs?
Yes, can be installed on it's own... and should be compatible with other roms for the Imagio too, build 21XXX.. (again, it should)...anyway, the cab can be uninstalled...so it's just a matter of trying ..., please remember that some policies were changed on MyCleanImagio to make "modding" easier... (the themes available for MyCleanImagio may not be compatible with all other roms due to the different packages used on it... as far as taskbar icons, should be no problem... may not be compatible with builds 235XX due to shellres.192.dll, the 235xx is a more "complete/sophisticated" (lol) dll compared to 218XX, so if you install the taskbar set, it may goof up some icons on 235XX, again its a matter of trying...)

Donations
Old 05-21-2010, 08:20 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adortab View Post
Yes, can be installed on it's own... and should be compatible with other roms for the Imagio too, build 21XXX.. (again, it should)...anyway, the cab can be uninstalled...so it's just a matter of trying ..., please remember that some policies were changed on MyCleanImagio to make "modding" easier... (the themes available for MyCleanImagio may not be compatible with all other roms due to the different packages used on it... as far as taskbar icons, should be no problem... may not be compatible with builds 235XX due to shellres.192.dll, the 235xx is a more "complete/sophisticated" (lol) dll compared to 218XX, so if you install the taskbar set, it may goof up some icons on 235XX, again its a matter of trying...)
Which is exactly what is happening on 23xxx. It goofs up the taskbar, and then plays havoc with Manila.

What needs to happen in order for this to work is that it needs to become an OEM and be cooked into the build. This way it can be patched in and then should be ok. Since I am not including it as part of my build it will not work properly after the fact.

Thanks for the info.

Steve
Old 05-21-2010, 09:23 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: Verizon

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

Quote:
Which is exactly what is happening on 23xxx. It goofs up the taskbar, and then plays havoc with Manila.

What needs to happen in order for this to work is that it needs to become an OEM and be cooked into the build. This way it can be patched in and then should be ok. Since I am not including it as part of my build it will not work properly after the fact.

Thanks for the info.

Steve
I can testify to that. I had to do a hard reset after installing a MyCleanImagio taskbar (I forgot they were 6.5 and Steve's Manilla is 6.5.x). I tried an uninstall - but it left my bottom taskbar goofed up. No fault of Adortab's.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:27 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonpulaski View Post
I can testify to that. I had to do a hard reset after installing a MyCleanImagio taskbar (I forgot they were 6.5 and Steve's Manilla is 6.5.x). I tried an uninstall - but it left my bottom taskbar goofed up. No fault of Adortab's.
Absolutely no fault of Adortab's at all. Its the 23xxx builds and how the dlls operate that is the issue. I am just glad we were able to solve this, or I would have spent alot of time spinning and trying to make it work.

If you really want those then just use my 21903 ROM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development