PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Would You Prefer a Very Basic ROM with Functionality to Add Cabs on the Fly
Yes - Strip it All Out and Provide Cabs for Stripped Out Pieces 7 46.67%
No - I Actually Like What You Have Incorporated into Your ROMs 5 33.33%
Maybe - Pear Back What You Have Included to Something Smaller 3 20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2010, 10:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

dedi2034 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Steve's Imagio Manila ROM v1.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetrillo View Post
Updated ROMs are now available. These include a Camcorder shortcut, and addtl core cleanup.

Please take a look at Start/Programs. I have been toying with the idea of cleaning this up a bit. Can you let me know if you have all the links you need, or am I missing any that should be there.
I may be over looking this, but I cannot find a link for "Notes". I really need this program. Can you add it please?
Old 05-22-2010, 05:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

1. There is no Internet Explorer? Or did I miss it? I don't ever use it. Just wondering.

2. Also. I have lost the use of my media button. I asked before. But it may have got lost in my lengthy post. Any news on the media button?

thanks.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:39 AM
VIP Member
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonpulaski View Post
1. There is no Internet Explorer? Or did I miss it? I don't ever use it. Just wondering.

2. Also. I have lost the use of my media button. I asked before. But it may have got lost in my lengthy post. Any news on the media button?

thanks.
Notes and media button will be restored in next build, which will be today sometime. PIE is there...but I will check once again.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

dedi2034 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetrillo View Post
Notes and media button will be restored in next build, which will be today sometime. PIE is there...but I will check once again.
Waiting for the update. Thanks
Old 05-24-2010, 10:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

Hey Steve - I have a suggestion. Maybe you could start a ".cab repository" on hotfile. It could be a page with useful apps that people may want to install after they flash your rom. Some of the more common apps that come with most roms that people may be expecting. I know I really enjoyed the fact that your rom didn't have google maps or bing already included. But some people that have always had access to those on their roms may not have a .cab ready to install. I know it took me several hours to find a way to get Office.

Just a suggestion of course.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:48 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You can usually find any.cab past or present over at xda. I just put the cab name in search and have it in a minute or so. Or if I can't find it there I just google it and it takes me to a site that has it.
Radio
1.39.00.0627r
Old 05-26-2010, 01:47 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh00jh View Post
You can usually find any.cab past or present over at xda. I just put the cab name in search and have it in a minute or so. Or if I can't find it there I just google it and it takes me to a site that has it.
As stated in the first post I am not the app guy. I really feel this should be left to the individual.

On a sep note I have been able to figure out Modem Link. New ROMs will be uploaded sometime tonight that will contain a smaller core and other improvements.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:59 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I am uploading the new v1.1d ROMs now. These ROMs have a smaller core, fixed Modem Link, restoration of Notes and Tasks icons, and other small fixes. This will be the last of the v1 ROMs that I will make, unless someone comes across a show stopper of an issue. I would appreciate it if those who are using my ROMs please exercise this latest version. I would like to know if anything is wrong, as I move to v2 of my ROMs.

As a teaser v2 of my ROMs will include the following:

1) 21874 XIP and Core (Should improve memory mgmt)
2) Sashimi auto installer
3) Continued cleanup of non-essential items

Sashimi should solve the problem of installing your apps after a flash. Not only can it install cabs but it can install exe and reg changes. The one caveat to using Sashimi is that you will need a memory card.

Keeping in mind that my ROMs do not have apps I would be interested in knowing if I am missing anything in the current ROMs. I would be happy to include them in v2.

Thanks,
Steve
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:47 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

I for one would appreciate office 2010. It is not an "app" that is continually updated and would constantly need replacing. For me it is a long process to install the Office suite right now. First 2007. Then the 2007 update from Microsoft. Then the 2010 update. Soft resetting each time.

I think most people expect the Office suite on their rom. Just my $0.02 . If you don't include it - I will just continue with my current process.

**EDIT** oh yeah - and how about a custom boot animation instead of that Verizon one? Like the "HTC quietly brilliant" or something?

thanks for considering.

Last edited by thepolishguy; 05-27-2010 at 11:02 AM.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:56 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonpulaski View Post
I for one would appreciate office 2010. It is not an "app" that is continually updated and would constantly need replacing. For me it is a long process to install the Office suite right now. First 2007. Then the 2007 update from Microsoft. Then the 2010 update. Soft resetting each time.

I think most people expect the Office suite on their rom. Just my $0.02 . If you don't include it - I will just continue with my current process.

**EDIT** oh yeah - and how about a custom boot animation instead of that Verizon one? Like the "HTC quietly brilliant" or something?

thanks for considering.
Ok due to popular demand Office 2010 is now included. I have updated the ROMs. As to boot animation I wanted to keep the VZW animation.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development