PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Would You Prefer a Very Basic ROM with Functionality to Add Cabs on the Fly
Yes - Strip it All Out and Provide Cabs for Stripped Out Pieces 7 46.67%
No - I Actually Like What You Have Incorporated into Your ROMs 5 33.33%
Maybe - Pear Back What You Have Included to Something Smaller 3 20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2010, 11:09 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Steve's Imagio Manila ROM v1.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh00jh View Post
After 24 hrs 23563 is doing fine on my phone.
Boots up with 87.98 free rom and 247.51 free storage.
Apps installed are:
Opera mini 5
Google Maps
Showcase task mgr
Weather Radar
nueBattery
xdaShutdown
soft reset
Screen toggle
Brent G. color icons
Has not crashed or had to be reset yet , rom running smooth.
That is a nice testament. Mine has been running for over a week and with no resets.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:11 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonpulaski View Post
Steve - you asked for possible additions. I think Marketplace is pretty basic and most people will be expecting a link for it on the phone. Just throwing it out there. I have got the .cab so a non issue for me.
I think you are right. People do use Marketplace, and I can add it to the build with ease. Will do.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:14 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Hey Steve - is this rom cfc compressed? Or uncompressed? thanks.
Uncompressed.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:16 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Hey J- do you have a link?

Hey Steve - any news on version 2? Just wondering.
v2 is in the works but it looks like I will come out with one more major v1 build. I have found a number of issues with the last update, and really want to fix them before I go to v2.

I would expect an update sometime tonight. Stay tuned and thanks to you all for the comments/feedback!
Old 05-31-2010, 11:33 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: Verizon

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetrillo View Post
v2 is in the works but it looks like I will come out with one more major v1 build. I have found a number of issues with the last update, and really want to fix them before I go to v2.

I would expect an update sometime tonight. Stay tuned and thanks to you all for the comments/feedback!
Excellent. Thanks for your continued efforts.

1. I have been meaning to ask about the facebook functionality of this rom. Unless I am doing something wrong - which is completely possible - I cannot get my contacts to be associated with their facebook accounts and the facebook tab does not update (after hitting the update button). Also - the "app" portion (fim) gives me an error...

"The file 'fim' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate etc..."

2. Am I able to delete files from the Windows folder? I am using GTX and having a problem rearranging my tabs. The GTX thread says to try deleting a file "manilafull.xml" . When I delete the file and reset - it is still there. So I was wondering if you had the Windows folder read/write protected?

Last edited by thepolishguy; 05-31-2010 at 11:45 AM.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:03 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Excellent. Thanks for your continued efforts.

1. I have been meaning to ask about the facebook functionality of this rom. Unless I am doing something wrong - which is completely possible - I cannot get my contacts to be associated with their facebook accounts and the facebook tab does not update (after hitting the update button). Also - the "app" portion (fim) gives me an error...

"The file 'fim' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate etc..."

2. Am I able to delete files from the Windows folder? I am using GTX and having a problem rearranging my tabs. The GTX thread says to try deleting a file "manilafull.xml" . When I delete the file and reset - it is still there. So I was wondering if you had the Windows folder read/write protected?
No I dont write protect the Windows directory. You can re-arrange the tabs from the Settings tab.

As to FB did you setup your login id and pswd? I have only seen the no update issue when that is not done. I am working on the FIM issue but it will prolly not be fixed in the next rev.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:47 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Re: Steve's Imagio Manila ROM v1.2

Special Memorial Day update:

ROMs now running with 21904 and 23569 SYS
Updated Long Press Hold Key to Include Power Off Option
Windows Marketplace Added
Voice Command from SYS build

New links on first post.
Old 05-31-2010, 03:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

dedi2034 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetrillo View Post
Special Memorial Day update:

ROMs now running with 21904 and 23569 SYS
Updated Long Press Hold Key to Include Power Off Option
Windows Marketplace Added
Voice Command from SYS build

New links on first post.
Ok, I am trying to download the new update, and when I click on the download button, it tell me to wait 90 seconds. It counts down, and then I click on Click Here to download this file, and then the Download Now button, and it takes me right back to the count down again. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Ok, never mind.. After all this time, its finally downloading. Not sure what was wrong, unless it was the site.

Last edited by dedi2034; 05-31-2010 at 08:09 PM.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

dedi2034 is becoming a great contributor

I have a question Steve. Didn't there used to be two Setting's Icons..Like when you hit "Start, Settings...Didn't it used to take you to the page that has "System, Personal, Sounds and Notifications, Connections? Now when you hit Start, Settings, It takes you to where you have to hit Menu, then all Settings. That's the long way around. Can you do a shortcut for this?
Old 05-31-2010, 09:53 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedi2034 View Post
I have a question Steve. Didn't there used to be two Setting's Icons..Like when you hit "Start, Settings...Didn't it used to take you to the page that has "System, Personal, Sounds and Notifications, Connections? Now when you hit Start, Settings, It takes you to where you have to hit Menu, then all Settings. That's the long way around. Can you do a shortcut for this?
Its actually HTC that has decided to make Manila the defacto interface, thus why there is only one Settings item now. If you need to go to Settings you should tab over to the Settings tab and go from there.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development