PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Would You Prefer a Very Basic ROM with Functionality to Add Cabs on the Fly
Yes - Strip it All Out and Provide Cabs for Stripped Out Pieces 7 46.67%
No - I Actually Like What You Have Incorporated into Your ROMs 5 33.33%
Maybe - Pear Back What You Have Included to Something Smaller 3 20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2010, 10:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Steve's Imagio Manila ROM v1.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetrillo View Post
No I dont write protect the Windows directory. You can re-arrange the tabs from the Settings tab.

As to FB did you setup your login id and pswd? I have only seen the no update issue when that is not done. I am working on the FIM issue but it will prolly not be fixed in the next rev.
Steve - I didn't explain clearly the issue with my tabs. I do understand how to rearrange the tabs. Thank you though. My issue comes from using GTX. One of the known bugs is that some devices are unable to rearrange the manila tabs. I possible solution is to delete a file- "manilafull.xml" -and that may resolve the tabs problem. Well, every time I delete that file from the Windows directory and soft reset - the file is there. I have checked the properties of the Windows directory and the file itself - neither are "read only".

Sounds like I should be asking in the GTX thread and not here. Thanks for trying to help.

As for the FB tab - I did set my login and password and turned on auto updates every 2 hours. But I only get a few of my contacts and their updates are just blank.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff
Re: Steve's Imagio Manila ROM v1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetrillo View Post

Change Log:

1) v1.0 - first cut at 21903 and 23563 ROMs using stock 21874 Whitestone Core.
2) v1.0a - fixed SMS send issue by eliminating Outlook Enhancement.
3) v1.0b - fixed Manila cab not found issue in 21903 ROM.
4) v1.0c - updated both ROMs so no need to calibrate screen, set date/time, etc.
5) v1.1 - updated both ROMs with substantially smaller 21874 Core, eliminating unneeded items.
6) v1.1a - restored mxip file that was missing in 21903 build.
7) v1.1b - updated 21903 and 23563 ROMs with Modem Link functionality.
8) v1.1c - core cleanup and addition of camcorder shortcut.
9) v1.1d - restored Notes and Tasks icons, fixed Modem Link issue, and addtl core cleanup.
10) v1.1e - added Office 2010.
11) v1.2 - 21904 and 23569 based ROMs.
12) v1.2a - added Windows Marketplace, updated long press end key to include power off option, added Voice Command from SYS builds, added new HTC Settings app to force all settings changes to be done from Settings tab...

Thanks,
Steve
Hey - I just noticed #11. Does that mean that the ROMs no longer use teh 21874 core? or they still use the 21874 core?

Just wondering.

Also thought you may want to edit this statement from post #1 to avoid confusion...

Code:
Be aware that this ROM is a very basic ROM. 
I do not include apps, such as Office.

Last edited by thepolishguy; 05-31-2010 at 11:14 PM.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:37 PM
VIP Member
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff
Re: Steve's Imagio Manila ROM v1.1

Yes I know nothing of GTX. If you can provide addtl info on what its supposed use is maybe I can look into this further. Do you know if GTX works with 23xxx ROMs?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:42 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonpulaski View Post
Hey - I just noticed #11. Does that mean that the ROMs no longer use teh 21874 core? or they still use the 21874 core?

Just wondering.

Also thought you may want to edit this statement from post #1 to avoid confusion...

Code:
Be aware that this ROM is a very basic ROM. 
I do not include apps, such as Office.
Good catch on the Office statement. I have removed that since I now include Office 2010.

All ROMs are using a 21874 core and 21849 XIP. The diff is in the SYS, where you have different builds. 21xxx builds are called COM2, or WinMo 6.5. 23xxx builds are called COM5 or WinMo 6.5.5.

Beginning with v2 builds I will be using both a 21874 core and XIP. We should get some better memory mgmt out of this change. The number changes will always be in the SYS.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio

Hormazd is a n00b

Hello,

I have tried several of the Roms posted here and find this Rom (23569) by far the smoothest and most stable.

I am however missing a few essential apps that I am having a hard time locating cabs for. They are in most of the other Roms.
  1. Remote Desktop Client. - WM6_Finster.cab is all I can find and it won't connect.
  2. Acrobat Reader. The Pocket PC version on Adobes site is old and doesnt seem to open my attachments in emails.
  3. HTC RSS reader. I miss this. I have downloaded the SPBnews but the reader that came with our phones is simple and sweet.
Any help with cabs for thesewould be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Old 06-01-2010, 10:14 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hormazd View Post
Hello,

I have tried several of the Roms posted here and find this Rom (23569) by far the smoothest and most stable.

I am however missing a few essential apps that I am having a hard time locating cabs for. They are in most of the other Roms.
  1. Remote Desktop Client. - WM6_Finster.cab is all I can find and it won't connect.
  2. Acrobat Reader. The Pocket PC version on Adobes site is old and doesnt seem to open my attachments in emails.
  3. HTC RSS reader. I miss this. I have downloaded the SPBnews but the reader that came with our phones is simple and sweet.
Any help with cabs for thesewould be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Glad you are enjoying the ROM. This is exactly why I do this, so others can enjoy it as much as I do.

All 3 requests are worthy of inclusion into my ROMs, so I will work on getting them added as soon as possible. I might be able to put up an update tonight, but will have to see how the day progresses.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 06-01-2010, 10:20 AM
Lurker

Hormazd is a n00b

Wow, thanks Steve for your fast response and for complying. I must say after a week and 5 roms, yours is the first that just plain works. I love it. One more request. Can you throw in a plain black or textured black wall paper. I dont really like backgrounds. There is is enough happening on the phone with Sense etc.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:22 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hormazd View Post
Wow, thanks Steve for your fast response and for complying. I must say after a week and 5 roms, yours is the first that just plain works. I love it. One more request. Can you throw in a plain black or textured black wall paper. I dont really like backgrounds. There is is enough happening on the phone with Sense etc.
The wallpaper is VZW default. I left it there since it was the easiest on the eyes I thought. If you want to change that then take a look at Menu/Wallpaper/Weather Wallpaper. You might find one you like.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:30 AM
Lurker

Hormazd is a n00b

Thanks again Steve. Let us know when the 6.55 version is up there.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

dedi2034 is becoming a great contributor

Hey Steve. Check this out. Maybe consider it in the 2.0 build.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=687153

And I have a question about 23569..I know the start menu is a the bottom, but does it also have a task manager that you can set the X button to close open programs?

Last edited by dedi2034; 06-01-2010 at 02:02 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development