PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2010, 11:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6975
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

rachbu is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 6.5.5 Drellisdee Whitestone RC1 23554 3/30/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolingoutofhabit View Post
drell
I am running RC1 now. Having a few problems that I don't know the source of. Like someone said a few posts back, the phone seems very sluggish. After I first flashed the phone with RC1, it wouldn't boot up...just froze. So, I pulled the battery and did a hard reset. It worked for awhile, but still sluggish. Then later that same day (yesterday) the phone froze again and I had to pull the battery. I had nothing installed at the time of either freeze. I've done a couple hard resets and the phone still seems sluggish.

Yeah, I agree--something's amiss with the RC. I am in process of d/l-ing beta 4.2. I flashed my phone this morning and AFTER it successfully synced with my Exchange, i tried to send a message and it hung in the outbox. checked & re-checked all the email settings (including Active Sync & the HTC email settings interface), turned data & MS Push on and off a number of times, and then it just hung doing ANYTHING.

I then hard-reset (btw, when I flashed in the first place, I first flashed, then hard-reset twice--as is best-practice) and had the same problem, though this time, the 'set up your phone' utility ran every time i restarted my device. Still issues with both inbound and outbound Exchange email in spite of absolutely getting a successful initial sync (all folders, contacts, tasks, etc).

I'll try again when RC2 is out.. thanks for everything!!
Old 03-31-2010, 11:13 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo
Threadstarter

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

You guys were right. I had the attributes messed up on a few sys pkgs. It caused some random instability and some errors with youtube. I'm uploading a rc1.1 now that its fixed in.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6975
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

rachbu is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by drellisdee View Post
You guys were right. I had the attributes messed up on a few sys pkgs. It caused some random instability and some errors with youtube. I'm uploading a rc1.1 now that its fixed in.

Now THAT'S service!! THANK YOU MY GOOD SIR! Donation coming as soon as my paycheck does =D>
Old 04-01-2010, 12:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: verizon

s004kcg is keeping up the good works004kcg is keeping up the good work

Drell, i have yet to find a taskbar that looks good and does not break the volume controls. The volume controls of course work with the stock taskbar on RC1. I wanted to mess with the icons, is there anyway you can post the stock HTCVolumeControl.dll? i have been unable to copy it from my device. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:55 AM
BlackBerry Hater
Threadstarter

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by s004kcg View Post
Drell, i have yet to find a taskbar that looks good and does not break the volume controls. The volume controls of course work with the stock taskbar on RC1. I wanted to mess with the icons, is there anyway you can post the stock HTCVolumeControl.dll? i have been unable to copy it from my device. Thanks in advance.
Here you go.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Volume_Control_2_2_20112128_00.rar (178.2 KB, 13 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:57 AM
BlackBerry Hater
Threadstarter

Fixed version RC1.1 is up. Anyone on RC1 please flash to this one.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-01-2010, 04:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

coolingoutofhabit is becoming a great contributor
Re: [ROM] 6.5.5 Drellisdee Whitestone RC1.1 23554 3/31/10

Thx Drell! Flashing now.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: verizon

s004kcg is keeping up the good works004kcg is keeping up the good work

wow Drell hehe im not that technical, thanks for posting that volumecontrol.dll info but i dont know what to do with that, i was hoping for only one file, didnt know if you were able to pull the HTCVolumeControl.dll itself from the rom and post it, i dont know what to do with that batch of files you posted .
Old 04-01-2010, 09:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

fluidj is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by drellisdee View Post
Thanks. So far i'm having a much better experience.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

fluidj is becoming a great contributor

oops, spoke too soon.

Did two hard resets after initial flash like everyone suggested.
Proceeded to setup my exchange email account. Everything went fine.
Set up Microsoft Myphone. Everything went fine.
Set up Windows Live. Set up went very slow. Phone locked up and screen timed out and turned off. Pushed hardware button to turn the screen back on and check the progress and the backlight wouldn't come on. The buttons lit up but the backlight stayed off. Waited a few minutes and the backlight finally came back on and the phone was on the lock screen. Tried to slide unlock button but that locked the phone up and the screen goes black. Pushing the hardware buttons again and the backlight won't come on again.

Seems like setting up Windows Live causes some kinda adverse effect on the phone somehow. Soft resetting brought it back to life again. Everything seems normal. I'll monitor throughout the day.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development