PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2010, 11:14 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 6.5.5 Drellisdee Whitestone RC1.1 23554 3/31/10

Another way to get showcase , is to hold down the windows flag in the bottom left hand corner until it pops up.
Radio
1.39.00.0627r
Old 04-01-2010, 11:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

willywonkaisrsh is becoming a great contributor

Noticed with beta 4.2 that whenever you tab over to messages, it shows you whatever the last message you were on, instead of going to the last message in the list. This happens even when I receive a new message.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:24 AM
Almost a VIP

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I see accuweather is screwed up again , temp 9-10 degrees too low. They need new servers.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Q9C
Carrier: VZW

johnbrain is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh00jh View Post
I see accuweather is screwed up again , temp 9-10 degrees too low. They need new servers.
Any idea why stock ROM shows my city but all custom ROMs don't have my particular town? At home it just says "California"
Old 04-01-2010, 11:52 AM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo
Threadstarter

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by willywonkaisrsh View Post
Noticed with beta 4.2 that whenever you tab over to messages, it shows you whatever the last message you were on, instead of going to the last message in the list. This happens even when I receive a new message.
Its several roms old. Move to RC1.1
Old 04-01-2010, 11:58 AM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbrain View Post
Any idea why stock ROM shows my city but all custom ROMs don't have my particular town? At home it just says "California"
My location works fine on my phone (correct town ) just wrong temp.
Hotmail was working fine but just froze up when I pushed inbox.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:02 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Threadstarter

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbrain View Post
MMS - tried to send directly from album. The phone seemed to freeze. Bottom lights showed, then screen went off. Locking slider came on but I couldn;t get phone back. Also held end call and got the Turn Phone off Menu but couldn't actually get the phone back, prompting a battery pull.
RC1.1 Change Log:
Fixed stability issue with RC1 as I had a few bad pkgs.
Fixed Youtube again.
Changed green highlight in default theme to a darker green.
Experimental ram changes in resproxy. Should have about 6mb more free ram for system.
Do not send MMS right from camera or album as it may cause freeze. Send from text messaging and insert picture.

Come on guys I listed the log for a reason.

For the hotmail can you try updating windows live in market and see if it helps.

Last edited by Getitnowmarketing; 04-01-2010 at 12:17 PM.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible

coolingoutofhabit is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidj View Post
Finaaly got this message:
Cannot open 'Showcase'. A critical component is either missing or cannot start because program memory is unavailable. Tap Start>Settings>System Tab> Task Manager, stop programs that did not automatically stop, and try again

Problem is, when get to the last step there is no "Task Manager" icon.
Go into the Tools folder on the start menu and click on dotFred task manager when Showcase does not work.

For me to get showcase to work correctly, I had to make sure I don't delete it from the StartUp folder. I press and hold the soft Start key until you feel a vibration. At this point, I sometimes have to wait a good minute for Showcase to appear. If it doesn't I rinse and repeat.

Showcase is not my fav task manager. You can try others out there. I like ArkSwitch myself.
Attached Files
File Type: cab ArkSwitch_v1_1_2.CAB (69.0 KB, 2 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-01-2010, 01:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible

coolingoutofhabit is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidj View Post
oops, spoke too soon.

Did two hard resets after initial flash like everyone suggested.
Proceeded to setup my exchange email account. Everything went fine.
Set up Microsoft Myphone. Everything went fine.
Set up Windows Live. Set up went very slow. Phone locked up and screen timed out and turned off. Pushed hardware button to turn the screen back on and check the progress and the backlight wouldn't come on. The buttons lit up but the backlight stayed off. Waited a few minutes and the backlight finally came back on and the phone was on the lock screen. Tried to slide unlock button but that locked the phone up and the screen goes black. Pushing the hardware buttons again and the backlight won't come on again.

Seems like setting up Windows Live causes some kinda adverse effect on the phone somehow. Soft resetting brought it back to life again. Everything seems normal. I'll monitor throughout the day.
I am using Windows Live as well and have not come across any problems. I don't know which version is cooked into the ROM, but I always update Windows Live, MyPhone, and Bing through Marketplace before setting them up. No problems so far. ::knock on wood::
Old 04-01-2010, 01:20 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolingoutofhabit View Post
Go into the Tools folder on the start menu and click on dotFred task manager when Showcase does not work.

For me to get showcase to work correctly, I had to make sure I don't delete it from the StartUp folder. I press and hold the soft Start key until you feel a vibration. At this point, I sometimes have to wait a good minute for Showcase to appear. If it doesn't I rinse and repeat.

Showcase is not my fav task manager. You can try others out there. I like ArkSwitch myself.
Showcase works best I think but sometimes opens slowly. ArkSwitch causes lockups. There is a way to use the HTC Task Mangager from the stock rom on com3 and com5 but it involves pretty much frankenstiening SYS files and that introduces stability issues too. I wish HTC would release a com3 or com5 build we could get a task manager from. Taskmanager is the only drawback in my opinion of a com5 build.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development