N00b

rachbu is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 6.5.5 Drellisdee Whitestone RC1 23554 3/30/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolingoutofhabit View Post
drell
I am running RC1 now. Having a few problems that I don't know the source of. Like someone said a few posts back, the phone seems very sluggish. After I first flashed the phone with RC1, it wouldn't boot up...just froze. So, I pulled the battery and did a hard reset. It worked for awhile, but still sluggish. Then later that same day (yesterday) the phone froze again and I had to pull the battery. I had nothing installed at the time of either freeze. I've done a couple hard resets and the phone still seems sluggish.

Yeah, I agree--something's amiss with the RC. I am in process of d/l-ing beta 4.2. I flashed my phone this morning and AFTER it successfully synced with my Exchange, i tried to send a message and it hung in the outbox. checked & re-checked all the email settings (including Active Sync & the HTC email settings interface), turned data & MS Push on and off a number of times, and then it just hung doing ANYTHING.

I then hard-reset (btw, when I flashed in the first place, I first flashed, then hard-reset twice--as is best-practice) and had the same problem, though this time, the 'set up your phone' utility ran every time i restarted my device. Still issues with both inbound and outbound Exchange email in spite of absolutely getting a successful initial sync (all folders, contacts, tasks, etc).

I'll try again when RC2 is out.. thanks for everything!!