PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2010, 10:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

djp952 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 6.5.5 Drellisdee Whitestone RC1.1a 23554 & 21896 4/08/10

Flashed to 1.1a, my initial impression is that it feels notably faster than 1.1 so far.

One thing out of the ordinary for me while setting it up is that I've locked up twice starting SenseUI. Once at the "Launching SenseUI" message (HW buttons were also locked), and just now it came up but SenseUI was unresponsive. Soft Resets fixed it both times. The first lock was after installing the "BG4ALL" wallpaper mod and my personal icons, the second was after installing Windows Live, Netflix and Facebook. I've *never* pulled my battery like folks say to, so it's probably nothing.

Love the new boot graphics. Love the fixed lock screen lower curtain. Only hacks I applied were BG4ALL, my personal custom taskbar icons and the camera focus speed hack I mentioned a few posts ago. Everything else is stock and looking very very good. Haven't had a reason to SMS/MMS yet. Tomorrow at Pearson airport trying to find my wife will solve that! Haven't tried my nemesis the Music Tab yet, but I don't forsee any issues there since I deleted the funky character-based files it's been working properly on all versions of ROM.

Thank you as always! Canada here I come, I can check GSM now too - lol.

Oh, installing the Marketplace version of Windows Live is easier with this ROM. No restart required or annoying messages. Whatever is going on with that app, even if you can't fully include the latest version, this was a welcome surprise as-is
Old 04-08-2010, 11:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

makryger is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp952 View Post
One thing out of the ordinary for me while setting it up is that I've locked up twice starting SenseUI. Once at the "Launching SenseUI" message (HW buttons were also locked), and just now it came up but SenseUI was unresponsive. Soft Resets fixed it both times. The first lock was after installing the "BG4ALL" wallpaper mod and my personal icons, the second was after installing Windows Live, Netflix and Facebook. I've *never* pulled my battery like folks say to, so it's probably nothing.
I found myself getting a large number of SenseUI lock-ups as well, but in Version RC1.1. Sometimes it would crash and reload SenseUI, sometimes it would lock on startup with the "Launching SenseUI" text, and sometimes it happens the first time I try move to a different tab.

Otherwise, this rom works great.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio

fluidj is becoming a great contributor

What do you mean here:
"added links for VZ Nav download and Garmin XT link to sd card install which is not included in rom" ?

What does the Garmin XT link to sd card install do?
Old 04-09-2010, 10:24 AM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo
Threadstarter

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidj View Post
What do you mean here:
"added links for VZ Nav download and Garmin XT link to sd card install which is not included in rom" ?

What does the Garmin XT link to sd card install do?
For users of Garmin XT you either had to reinstall from pc after flash or create a shorcut to use. I simplified that by creating shortcut already. If you don't use garmin you can ignore or delete the shortcut in nav folder. Of course due to copyright reasons garmin is not included in rom.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by drellisdee View Post
For users of Garmin XT you either had to reinstall from pc after flash or create a shorcut to use. I simplified that by creating shortcut already. If you don't use garmin you can ignore or delete the shortcut in nav folder. Of course due to copyright reasons garmin is not included in rom.
Thanks! I actually do use Garmin but I hadn't bothered to install it since the HardSPL. I'll do it now though to test out your tweak.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:31 AM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo
Threadstarter

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidj View Post
Thanks! I actually do use Garmin but I hadn't bothered to install it since the HardSPL. I'll do it now though to test out your tweak.
If its still installed on your sd card the link should activate it.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

cslawren is keeping up the good workcslawren is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Yeah, it works great. Thanks for that link and for the navigation folder. Great additions.
SYS: Windows Mobile 6.5.5 23568
Old 04-09-2010, 12:04 PM
mhrc4

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I am on rc1.1 (havent gone to 1.1a yet) but, I am still having problems sending MMS... is that expected? Also, since going with HTC messaging, I cannot find where to set the MMS server settings (must be a blonde moment)
Old 04-09-2010, 12:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
this is pretty awesome. works flawlessly now.
THANKS
Old 04-09-2010, 12:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Q9C
Carrier: VZW

johnbrain is just getting started

1.1a is running smooth. I also had a couple issues with Sense freezing when it loaded. But that seems to have gone away. Do ROMs really "stabilize" over time or was that coincidence?

Also, I use the multimedia button to turn off my screen using xdashutdown -lightsout

Is there a way to manually rotatescreen without it being assigned to a softkey? I like it for GoogleMaps but I see it's not an actual app that I can assign a square to on my homescreen.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development