View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 10:40 PM
djp952
PPCGeeks Regular

djp952 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 6.5.5 Drellisdee Whitestone RC1.1a 23554 & 21896 4/08/10

Flashed to 1.1a, my initial impression is that it feels notably faster than 1.1 so far.

One thing out of the ordinary for me while setting it up is that I've locked up twice starting SenseUI. Once at the "Launching SenseUI" message (HW buttons were also locked), and just now it came up but SenseUI was unresponsive. Soft Resets fixed it both times. The first lock was after installing the "BG4ALL" wallpaper mod and my personal icons, the second was after installing Windows Live, Netflix and Facebook. I've *never* pulled my battery like folks say to, so it's probably nothing.

Love the new boot graphics. Love the fixed lock screen lower curtain. Only hacks I applied were BG4ALL, my personal custom taskbar icons and the camera focus speed hack I mentioned a few posts ago. Everything else is stock and looking very very good. Haven't had a reason to SMS/MMS yet. Tomorrow at Pearson airport trying to find my wife will solve that! Haven't tried my nemesis the Music Tab yet, but I don't forsee any issues there since I deleted the funky character-based files it's been working properly on all versions of ROM.

Thank you as always! Canada here I come, I can check GSM now too - lol.

Oh, installing the Marketplace version of Windows Live is easier with this ROM. No restart required or annoying messages. Whatever is going on with that app, even if you can't fully include the latest version, this was a welcome surprise as-is