PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2010, 01:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

devlspawn is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |I|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy Series 23547/21895 |Mar 17| ★ Sense 2.5 / 2.1 ★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve St.Laurent View Post
Where did you find the setting for Verizon Time Sync??

So I had no problems with time until I changed time zones. With the stock Verizon rom it would automatically update to local time when I changed timezones, but the NRG ROM, while correctly locating me in seattle did not adjust the time correctly. Any know how to fix this?
Old 03-24-2010, 01:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio

devlspawn is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by JClishe View Post
I'm on the March 17th ROM and time sync was enabled by default when I installed the ROM, but it still doesn't work. I've travelled across time zones since installing the ROM, and the phone time does not automatically sync to the new time zone, like it used to on the original ROM.
Yes exactly, time does not adjust properly across time zones, that is one of my favorite features about owning a cell phone in general, even dumb phones get this right.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:22 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

GqSkrub is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwaits View Post
Are you guys with contact picture issues setting the Facebook link inside the individual contact or are you going to Settings -> Data Services and setting your account up in the Facebook sync? I do the Sync from the Data Services and it seems fine for me. This is new to 2.5 I believe.
I do both. However, my contact names are not the same as their facebook names. Do you think that's the problem?

Last edited by GqSkrub; 03-24-2010 at 06:25 AM.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

christjosh is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GqSkrub View Post
I do both. However, my contact names are not the same as their facebook names. Do you think that's the problem?
Does the FB picture match up with your contacts in 'Contacts' section of your phone? If not, you need to edit the contact and link them to their specific profile in your friends list. If they do, then it won't matter if there are differences in the name. I used Facebook sync and it automatically matched those contacts who shared the same names as some of my FB friends. If they didn't match, I had to link them separately.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Q9M > HTC Vouge > HTC Imagio > Droid X2

coolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtglo View Post
I posted earlier asking if anyone had any problems opening the new NRG ROMs (.7z files for the 20th of March).... seems no one has any issues...

I've d/l ALL the new ROMS - I get an error when clicking on the 7z zipped file saying it's corrupt. To test, I d/l the files on my wife's computer as well as my work comp - both completely different IP's, different operating systems etc., - and yet I continue to get a corrupt 7z file after download.

Am I really the only one with problems opening the new files? I don't get it that no one else has posted any issues. Never had any problems before, only with the March 20th .7z files.

anyone else?
At first I thought this was a trimmed down ROM or something but it's not, it seems to be an incomplete file. And if you read through a bit closer there were other posters that had issues with the other valid March 20 ROMs, many said they were going back to the March 17th versions. The main issues were around MMS.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

willywonkaisrsh is becoming a great contributor

I have the Sense 2.5/Win 6.5.3/Max Manila/March 20 release.

Wanted to know if anyone can help me with these two problems.

1. Youtube either crashes or does not have sound.

2. Email with Hotmail does not auto-update and I can not change the settings to get it to do so.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Q9M > HTC Vouge > HTC Imagio > Droid X2

coolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by devlspawn View Post
Yes exactly, time does not adjust properly across time zones, that is one of my favorite features about owning a cell phone in general, even dumb phones get this right.
Perhaps I don't look at this as a "problem" considering I'm flashing a custom ROM that has no guarantee to be flawless. There is no contractual agreement that says that any feature is going to work properly. The time zone thing seems to be an issue with all the nrg roms I've flashed, it is easily fixed by setting your time zone.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: verizon

jabson is keeping up the good workjabson is keeping up the good work

So I am going to flash for the first time. I got the unlocker, NRGZ's ROM (21895 w/cookie home tab), and the stock (just in case). A few quick questions. First, my current system - Stock Verizon ROM, TF3D 2.0, WM6.5(Duh)
1) The Add-on and Hot Fixes, What out of those do I need?
2) I am running several performace programs, will they be needed or work with this new ROM? They are:
AtomAng Enhanced D3D Driver
SSK TP2 Dynamic Resources
ShareRAMsize
3) I am also using cookie 4 columns start and all programs, I love having so many buttons for my programs right there in one spot (I added the shortcut tab). Will I need it or will it work with this ROM
4) I also added TCruz's Mega Color cab. Can I add color to this UI or will this cab work with this?
5) Swype. I have the old original cab, and want this to work with the new ROM. I keep reading its not working, or the 3.9 isn't? Will swype work or not?
6) can I get background on all pages, or is there a program like HDWalls that will work with it?

Sorry for all the questions, but only want to flash once, so am kinda 'shopping' around, looking at 'options' before I do this.

Last edited by jabson; 03-24-2010 at 10:31 AM.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: VZW

mdefran65 is just getting started

I did find a fix. I had to go into the contact and re-associate the contact picture, by touching the empty frame and selecting "Facebook Profile". Using "Link associate Facebook account" wasn't working to fix the issue.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:07 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus

wesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on rep

but when they call, they dialer still doesn't show the facebook pic....right?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development