PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2008, 11:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Why all the fascination for TouchFlo 2D/3D?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TizOnly1 View Post
If your appointments change 10 times a day, what good is it to see your upcoming appointments?

And again... I'm not saying it isn't handy... I'm just saying that I think it's hilarious that people actually miss appointments that they could easily keep if they just tap the screen once. There's such an uproar over having to tap the screen one time.
So then from your point of view, it's "crazy" that it even show's one appointment, right? It's INSANE that there is a little alarm icon to let you know your alarm is on, right?

Is it mind-boggling as to why they even show unread SMS, Email, and Missed calls on the main screen?

Why even have a clock, eh? You are only ONE CLICK AWAY from a calendar with the clock...

The point of all this is that it's a core functionality that many people find useful.

Many people are so busy that they forget that they even have multiple appointments, or something coming up tomorrow... they don't even think to check the full calendar. Hence, this is why it's nice for the next several appointments to show on the Today screen.

It's that simple.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

Pockerter is a n00b

I had the 2D rom for a week or so, now back to the official rom again.

This sounds very ungrateful, considering people have put in time to make the rom availabe, but honestly, most the ROMs are crippled in one way or ther other, it may run smoothly for a few days or weeks, but eventually something will happen, you will notice that someing is missing; Nothing is as reliable as the good old official rom.

However, I have found that it is very addictive to flash new ROMs, even just for a few days of excitment.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Verizon

TizOnly1 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
So then from your point of view, it's "crazy" that it even show's one appointment, right? It's INSANE that there is a little alarm icon to let you know your alarm is on, right?

Is it mind-boggling as to why they even show unread SMS, Email, and Missed calls on the main screen?

Why even have a clock, eh? You are only ONE CLICK AWAY from a calendar with the clock...

The point of all this is that it's a core functionality that many people find useful.

Many people are so busy that they forget that they even have multiple appointments, or something coming up tomorrow... they don't even think to check the full calendar. Hence, this is why it's nice for the next several appointments to show on the Today screen.

It's that simple.
I understand that. People want it on the screen. That's fine... but missing appointments over it is laughable.

Let's take your example. Say the clock wasn't on the Today screen, and I had to tap the screen once to see it. I'm not going to start acting completely oblivious to time now.

"Sir, could I bother you for the time please?"

"No."

Or I've got a date with two models at 8.... Now I'm just gonna fuess the time, instead of tapping the screen once. "I can tell it's 5:38 by the color of the sky".

Makes zero sense.
Old 10-02-2008, 03:06 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
I still think the coolest application ever made is GPSToday, which phototags every picture you take. Plus it shows how close you are to your nearest contact.
I'm pretty sure the diamond/pro support geotagging in the default camera app?

haven't tried the 2d version, but the 3d version looks so nice... someone mentioned the clock - I don't want to be "one click away" from the clock, I want to glance at my phone and see the time. I am constantly turning on my phone just to check the time, I don't want to have to look closely at the top bar to see it or click anything, I want the time and date right there...

plus everything you would ever want to do (for the most part) is right there with easy touch access...

don't run it if you don't want it - who cares?

as for multiple appointments I never click anything on the screen for the most part - it's nice to see stuff in one screen right when you turn the phone on.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by holo View Post
as for multiple appointments I never click anything on the screen for the most part - it's nice to see stuff in one screen right when you turn the phone on.

exactly.

At least I can use S2U2 to display my upcoming appointments.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue