PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2008, 01:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

depeched is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Why all the fascination for TouchFlo 2D/3D?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
I guess what is so disheartening to me, is that applications like this seem to push us towards dumb(think i)phone capabilities.

I still think the coolest application ever made is GPSToday, which phototags every picture you take. Plus it shows how close you are to your nearest contact.

If there was a way, like it throttlelauncher, to put plugins on one of the "pages" or even if I could launch a "today" page from the launcher in tf2d, that would at least be usable.

Don't get me wrong, it's smooth, and pretty... but I already had YouTube that worked flawlessly with FLV, and Opera with the slider zoom on the right side of the screen, and quick access to my images...

Seems that the whole point of Manilla is to give you pretty little previews of a couple of things. Not really to enhance productivity or capabilty. -- but I'd be excited for someone to prove otherwise, because I do love the way it looks and feels...

basically, I need to customize it, like we could with HHC... and I need to build some more functionality into it before it's usable--for me, that is.
To deal with your plugin problem, try a little utility called "SecondToday". I read somewhere it works fine with Manilla. Good luck.
Old 09-28-2008, 01:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

TizOnly1 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by k000 View Post
That is not the point. Alarms come and go by. But plugin keeps the list of upcoming ones right there
I understand the point, but the notion that people absolutely need to have appointments constantly in their face on their Today screen, or else they just miss the appointments, is kinda laughable.

The notion that people not only fail to remember their specific appointments, but fail to even remember that they may have appointments coming up that they might want to check (again, with the simple tap of an icon), and as such require a constant reminder is just funny... to me.

I understand some people may want that functionality (there's certainly nothing wrong with it), but it seems more like a luxury than a necessity for anybody with a functioning brain.
Old 09-28-2008, 02:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TizOnly1 View Post
I understand the point, but the notion that people absolutely need to have appointments constantly in their face on their Today screen, or else they just miss the appointments, is kinda laughable.

The notion that people not only fail to remember their specific appointments, but fail to even remember that they may have appointments coming up that they might want to check (again, with the simple tap of an icon), and as such require a constant reminder is just funny... to me.

I understand some people may want that functionality (there's certainly nothing wrong with it), but it seems more like a luxury than a necessity for anybody with a functioning brain.
I have definitely forgotten about something because an appointment that was LESS IMPORTANT was before the MORE IMPORTANT appointment... and all you will see on the main tab is the one that takes place soonest. Not the more important one.

I am excited to hear that they are working on customizing M2D/3D, and I hope we can figure out how to add back the functionality we are missing
Old 09-28-2008, 10:50 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: bell

story is a n00b

TF is for the majority of the ppl that will probably never install app on their phone. A lot of ppl like out of box and simple to use phones. That's why iTune/iPhone is successful in that regards, pay, click, buy, upload.

What do you guys think
Old 09-29-2008, 12:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

doubleu is a n00b

Quote:

let me guess, you're in college right?
Old 09-29-2008, 01:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

No, I just have the brain capacity to think "hey.. I have things to do today... let me tap the calendar tab to jog my memory".

I know it's far out there.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue

PlainShane is a n00b

That is sort of a shallow statement, or close minded if you will. I specifically purchased a windows mobile phone due to its calendar feature. Short term memory capacity being congruent with intelligence is an ignorant perception.

Now, I made the innocent plea for empathy in hopes that someone would have a solution that would not involve taking away the beauty of M2D. Perhaps something along the lines of "Oh, why don't you just do this to replace the Call History line with another calendar line" would have sufficed. My only solution at this point in time is to revert back to the stock today.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW
Threadstarter

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlainShane View Post
That is sort of a shallow statement, or close minded if you will. I specifically purchased a windows mobile phone due to its calendar feature. Short term memory capacity being congruent with intelligence is an ignorant perception.

Now, I made the innocent plea for empathy in hopes that someone would have a solution that would not involve taking away the beauty of M2D. Perhaps something along the lines of "Oh, why don't you just do this to replace the Call History line with another calendar line" would have sufficed. My only solution at this point in time is to revert back to the stock today.
I am crossing my fingers that someone will figure out how to get multiple calendar entries to show!
Old 09-30-2008, 12:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

monkeyboy is keeping up the good workmonkeyboy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Just wait till you have the level of responsibility that requires that you keep > 6 appts per day, sometimes more than 12, each in different rooms/buildings, not always on the hour or half-hour... And your sec'y is RESCHEDULING appts on the fly, which are wirelessly sync'd to you within a half-hour of the new or changed appt.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Again..... if you can be bothered to look at your phone to try to keep up with all of that, I don't see how you can't be bothered with tapping ONE button under this UI to get the same functionality.

And, if this UI shows you your next appointment, how do you miss anything? It's not like it shows you your final appointment, and you have to guess what comes before it. If it's 2:30, it'll show you your 3:00. When you go into your 3:00, look down; it'll show you your 3:20. I really don't understand the issue.

And again.... if that's not enough... tap the screen ONE TIME. There's your full schedule for the day.

You know, people were able to get things done before cell phones were even invented. Are we so lazy now, that not only do we not bother to try to remember anything ourselves, but we're too lazy to tap the screen ONCE for a reminder?

It's a design flaw to make people tap the screen ONCE now?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue