View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 02:52 AM
TizOnly1
PPCGeeks Regular

TizOnly1 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Why all the fascination for TouchFlo 2D/3D?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
So then from your point of view, it's "crazy" that it even show's one appointment, right? It's INSANE that there is a little alarm icon to let you know your alarm is on, right?

Is it mind-boggling as to why they even show unread SMS, Email, and Missed calls on the main screen?

Why even have a clock, eh? You are only ONE CLICK AWAY from a calendar with the clock...

The point of all this is that it's a core functionality that many people find useful.

Many people are so busy that they forget that they even have multiple appointments, or something coming up tomorrow... they don't even think to check the full calendar. Hence, this is why it's nice for the next several appointments to show on the Today screen.

It's that simple.
I understand that. People want it on the screen. That's fine... but missing appointments over it is laughable.

Let's take your example. Say the clock wasn't on the Today screen, and I had to tap the screen once to see it. I'm not going to start acting completely oblivious to time now.

"Sir, could I bother you for the time please?"

"No."

Or I've got a date with two models at 8.... Now I'm just gonna fuess the time, instead of tapping the screen once. "I can tell it's 5:38 by the color of the sky".

Makes zero sense.