PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2008, 03:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6850
Carrier: Verizon

ka911 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Update verizon PRI and Sprint AGPS

hi guys,
I have Touch from Vierzon and I did this steps! and I can see more satellites(7 satellites) right now, and the lock time less then 30 sec very nice. thanks for the tips
Old 07-29-2008, 09:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X

rolandroland is keeping up the good workrolandroland is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by denasqu View Post
Could there be something in the 20270 kitchen that fixes it? I was using DHarvey's Verizon ROM and nothing would ever lock. I flashed Negamann's rom (made with 20270 kitchen) and it's worked great for 4 days now (less than 30 seconds to lock and on clear days it's almost instant).

I didn't change anything other than the ROMs.
I tried 20270 a couple times and didn't get locks, however I didn't test it much. After the last 2 kitchen didn't produce any results I didn't really bother much until I tried these fixes. So it is possible the kitchen is primarily the reason things are working in general but the changes seem to imrove things for others as well.

I will check on my friends phone that he just put a 20270 rom and none of the other fixes yet next to mine and we can do a side by side comparison. I would hard reset but I'm too lazy to redo my settings right now.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6900

HTGamingPC is a n00b

NEW THEORY: Calibration!

Take your Touch for a few walks around the block with VisualGPSce open. I did this afternoon and I can now get a lock in 20 seconds with 5 satellites from my living room, where I had no satellites as of this morning. Outside, it locks consistently in 5-6 seconds, even after soft resets and with any GPS program I try. Who would've thought!?

Before this, I had no success doing everything listed in this thread and a couple of others. I saw 1-3 satellites at most from the window of my living room and 3-4 satellites driving to and from work. All the while I could never get a lock. Even when I first went outside, it showed 9 satellites but still no lock for at least the first 10 minutes. I actually gave up and put the thing away, only to find that by the time I got home, my phone could all of the sudden beat the pants off of my Garmin for navigation.

In case you want to know, I unlocked with the official Sprint ROM and am running the ROM posted by Negamann on a Verizon XV6900 purchased this past weekend.

Last edited by HTGamingPC; 07-29-2008 at 10:03 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Verizon XV6900)

denasqu is keeping up the good workdenasqu is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to denasqu

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandroland View Post
I would hard reset but I'm too lazy to redo my settings right now.

I hear that. Last time I was this obsessed with something was when Mech Warrior II came out. LOL
Old 07-30-2008, 01:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Wink Re: Update verizon PRI and Sprint AGPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandroland View Post
I did:
-GPS Mode was already at 4 (so didn't really do anything)
-Added Reg key that was missing ("EnablePDEIPFromNV "=dword:00000001)
-Installed 3 files from the thread

I did not:
-Change the server IP (still at 195.207.101.126)

I wound up with the same configuration after running through a bunch of permutations, and I'd say it's slightly better. It seems to see more satellites but dances around them a lot. Where it was taking 15-30 seconds to get a fix, now it's taking 15 seconds or less. It's sees sats inside (but can't get a fix) whereas it did not before.

I tried changing the serverIP first and it saw wouldn't lock.
So I added the 3 files, still saw but wouldn't lock.
Changed the serverIP back to 195 and still saw but wouldn't lock.
Added the EnablePDEIPFromNV and it worked again.

I was working fine before I started messing around BTW!

I really need to get my life back! My neighbors must think I've lost it ... walking around in my bathrobe in the front yard at 1am!

I'll have to see how she goes on the road tomorrow.

EDIT: Okay I REALLY need my life back. It's 1:40am and I just discovered the biggest change is that Live Search doesn't need to be primed with VisualGPS anymore.

EDIT: After a day of testing. Result = I couldn't ask for better performance. Locks within 10 seconds every time and no priming necessary. The changes plus the 20270 kitchen are a winning combo for me!

Last edited by denasqu; 07-30-2008 at 10:41 PM.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vx6900

arianhojat is just getting started

can you test in areas, lets say 1hr away from your current location?
it locks pretty quickly around your house cause it remembers the location after first time.
and i think Cold Starts or Clear Memory dont quite clear it. i noticed first lock can take 2m-forever on the verizon touch (if forever, usually softreset or take battery out). i was testing new kitcken today with gpsviewer/visualgpsce and BAF GPS toggle.
and had satelites jumping all over the place and i ran the .cabs mentioned, and it stopped jumping. seems to lock quick. but i know if i go into the city tomorrow, it wont lock as quick. we'll see.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker

I have been testing it away from my house. Worked everywhere every time I turned it on.
Old 08-02-2008, 01:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

wavetek is a n00b

I current using DHarvey's Verizon ROM. I can't get a GPS signal either. I tried all of the suggestions and I was only able to get a signal only once. When I woke up the next morning the gps was back to normal non working status. i going to try another another rom.
Old 08-02-2008, 01:05 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint TP; XV6900 before; XV6700 first
Carrier: was Verizon, now saving on Sprint

fredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavetek View Post
I current using DHarvey's Verizon ROM. I can't get a GPS signal either. I tried all of the suggestions and I was only able to get a signal only once. When I woke up the next morning the gps was back to normal non working status. i going to try another another rom.
try building your rom in the ppcgeeks kitchen. then test gps without the above listed changes and then, if necessary, and them. please report back your results if you give this a try.
Old 08-02-2008, 02:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6900, XV6700, X50v

night_of_dreams is a n00b

Anybody who have GPS working now (working means lock within a minute with consistency), can you report whether you have dial *228 to program your phone after you flash your rom and/or radio?

The reason I am asking is that I suspect that's what make gps work, or make it not working on the XV6900. I've trying in the past 2 days flashing between the new sprint rom and the latest 20270 kitchen, with no other changes besides installing Google Map 2.2. The results are pretty consistance, and I can get a lock pretty fast indoor. But as soon as I dial *228 to program my phone, gps will never work again. I would have to reflash the phone in order to get it work.

Just my observation here. I hope more people can do some test to find out more.

ps. the registry is with gpsmode=4 and have EnablePDEIPFromNV=1, but both are already in the kitchen and the sprint rom.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue