PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2008, 02:56 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint TP; XV6900 before; XV6700 first
Carrier: was Verizon, now saving on Sprint

fredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Update verizon PRI and Sprint AGPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_of_dreams View Post
Anybody who have GPS working now (working means lock within a minute with consistency), can you report whether you have dial *228 to program your phone after you flash your rom and/or radio?

The reason I am asking is that I suspect that's what make gps work, or make it not working on the XV6900. I've trying in the past 2 days flashing between the new sprint rom and the latest 20270 kitchen, with no other changes besides installing Google Map 2.2. The results are pretty consistance, and I can get a lock pretty fast indoor. But as soon as I dial *228 to program my phone, gps will never work again. I would have to reflash the phone in order to get it work.

Just my observation here. I hope more people can do some test to find out more.

ps. the registry is with gpsmode=4 and have EnablePDEIPFromNV=1, but both are already in the kitchen and the sprint rom.
I've dialed *228 and it's not effected my gps performance. As for the EnablePDEIPFromNV, that would be in the sprint rom since it's a sprint setting. It previously wasn't in the ppcgeeks kitchen if its there now (I have it cooked into mine), at least for builds preceding that from the leaked rom.
Old 08-02-2008, 03:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6900, XV6700, X50v
Carrier: Verizon

night_of_dreams is a n00b

so it may have something to do with the new kitchen? I can tell, I am getting better gps now. Not that it's perfect, but much better then before.
Old 08-02-2008, 03:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Verizon XV6900)

denasqu is keeping up the good workdenasqu is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to denasqu

I have not done the *228 opt 1 yet and my GPS usually locks within a few seconds. Never as long as a minute. I'm using the 20270 kitchen and the registry changes.
Old 08-03-2008, 01:26 AM
N00b

According to this post: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Biotouch\MediaHubM ini\App1_3]
"Path"="\\Windows\\tcpmp.exe"
Verizon seems to have a new gps-enabled rom for xv6800, and although it may not work as well as the sprint version, it does update and fix the PRI to 2.xx version. So my question is if it's possible to extract the ppst.exe from the rom and fix the PRI in the Touch as well? Maybe I am too optimistic, but just thought that maybe what we are missing.
Old 08-03-2008, 01:29 AM
N00b

sorry, go the wrong link. Here is the post from XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&postcount=14
Hope this will work for all Verizon aGPS.
Old 08-03-2008, 07:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

BlkCat is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_of_dreams View Post
Anybody who have GPS working now (working means lock within a minute with consistency), can you report whether you have dial *228 to program your phone after you flash your rom and/or radio?

The reason I am asking is that I suspect that's what make gps work, or make it not working on the XV6900. I've trying in the past 2 days flashing between the new sprint rom and the latest 20270 kitchen, with no other changes besides installing Google Map 2.2. The results are pretty consistance, and I can get a lock pretty fast indoor. But as soon as I dial *228 to program my phone, gps will never work again. I would have to reflash the phone in order to get it work.

Just my observation here. I hope more people can do some test to find out more.

ps. the registry is with gpsmode=4 and have EnablePDEIPFromNV=1, but both are already in the kitchen and the sprint rom.
After running PPST.exe my ROM gets me a very precise lock indoors with Windows Live search in about 12-18 seconds.
Old 08-03-2008, 04:35 PM
N00b

where do you get the ppst.exe blkcat? AFAIK, the ppst available now is only for the Sprint Touch, which is NOT COMPATIABLE for Verizon Touch. Can you elaborate?
Old 08-05-2008, 06:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900

jacksplat is just getting started

Well, I tried the fix from the 1st page and it didn't seem to make any difference. I'd be interested in the PPS that blkcat referenced.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vx6900

arianhojat is just getting started

yeh everything i read past few months here says the ppst is for SPRINT and probably WILL mess up your phone.
beware!
Old 08-06-2008, 12:45 PM
Lurker

rj5570 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredcatsmommy View Post
I added the EnablePDEIPFromNV to my registry and changed back to the Sprint ServerIP, and it is sweet. Locks inside my office in seconds- something that hasn't happened before. I did some reading online and apparently for aGPS to work a PDE ip address is needed. I don't claim to understand this stuff, but it seems to be working for me.

update: just made the same registry changes to the alltel vogue, which stopped getting locks after I had cooked the files into a rom last night. Locks on five satellites after a soft reset after making the registry changes.

ok not sure if I did this right, sorry newbie to this, but how do you add EnablePDEIPFromNV

what i did was went to the splu agps and added a new dword key named EnablePDEIPFromNV with the value of 00000001

is this correct?

also where do i get th PPST.exe ? and is this for the xv6900?

i am using negaman's rom

EDIT!!!!

ok, I think I got working better, I installed each of the files in order, 1, 2, 3

set these:
"EnableGPSSmartMode"=dword:00000000
"EnableAGPS"=dword:00000000

left gpsmode at 4

and added:
"EnablePDEIPFromNV "=dword:00000001

(i figured out how to add the new dword value it was just "New Dword Value")

I stepped outside of my office and I got a lock in about 1 minute. I am on the 26th floor of a 48 floor tower, so I dont think I will get anything in here.

I will try tonite and see how fast it locks at home and inside my house.

NOW, if I could only find a good Bike mount and a way to charge the phone while riding my bike via the tires spinning, i would be in 7th heaven. Really would love to track my bike trips/speed/millage and log them

Last edited by rj5570; 08-06-2008 at 02:51 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue