PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2008, 01:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6900
Carrier: Verizon

royals21 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Update verizon PRI and Sprint AGPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkCat View Post
After running PPST.exe my ROM gets me a very precise lock indoors with Windows Live search in about 12-18 seconds.
Looking at BlkCat's sig suggests that he is on Sprint which would explain why the PPST worked and why the lock is so quick.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vx6900
Carrier: Verizon

arianhojat is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj5570 View Post
NOW, if I could only find a good Bike mount and a way to charge the phone while riding my bike via the tires spinning, i would be in 7th heaven. Really would love to track my bike trips/speed/millage and log them
http://www.inhabitat.com/2008/01/17/...kinetic-power/

maybe soon you can at least charge phone while riding.

i just got a replacement verizon phone (orig had the 'side crack' issue), still having trouble with GPS on new one too. got a decent lock at home, but not in city.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint, was VZW

psternklar is becoming a great contributor

Applied all the fixed, using DCD 3.2.5, radio 3.42.50 and now getting locks in under 15 seconds without Quick GPS. Not much faster using Quick GPS. THANKS!! This is on a VZW 6800.
Old 08-16-2008, 05:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6900

grooves12 is a n00b

The "3 files" are placebo efect at this point. All they do is allow for unregistered dll's to work... they were originally needed with the Alltell ROM because it did not include some dll's needed for GPS and they were copied from a different device. Now that ROMs exist with GPS completely enabled, the 3 files do nothing effective for GPS.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:46 PM
Lurker

osurferx is a n00b

If you're looking at this thread, and have been following the steps, and nothing has worked. It's because everyone here was getting a placebo effect. The solution HAS been found by GC. It ACTUALLY works! The VERIZON aGPS server has been found and is being used. I tried it on the XV6900 and got 8 satellites on a rainy day in my office, LOCKED in 5-10 seconds. The last time I ran my GPS was yesterday, but 2,000 miles away! This is NOT a placebo. It is the solution!

http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...VerizonAGPSFix

Thanks GC!
Old 05-28-2009, 10:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VX6900

tundrawolf is a n00b

Edit: Nevermind. I don't know how to turn it off, but research shows that it is just to "help" the GPS, and is not required to actually USE the GPS, I can mind extra time to lock if it means I am not using data. Now, I suppose to turn it off I just set the IP address in the registry to 0.0.0.0?

Hello,

I am about the purchase the VX6900 because it does not need the data plan (I have a laptop and an aircard) mandated by Verizon.

I understood that the GPS could be "unlocked", which I took to mean that any GPS program could use the built in receiver.

However, and I apologize for my lack of knowledge here, but it appears that the phone needs to access an IP number (Data- AGPS??) to work.

Is there any way to use the GPS and NOT use any data?

I'm not trying to be smart or anything, but like every other GPS?

I'm sorry to bring this thread back, but I really need to know before the phone gets in.

Last edited by tundrawolf; 05-28-2009 at 11:05 PM.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6900, HTC Tilt. HTC 3G, Sprint HTC TP2
Carrier: AT&T

leslie50 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by tundrawolf View Post
Edit: Nevermind. I don't know how to turn it off, but research shows that it is just to "help" the GPS, and is not required to actually USE the GPS, I can mind extra time to lock if it means I am not using data. Now, I suppose to turn it off I just set the IP address in the registry to 0.0.0.0?

Hello,

I am about the purchase the VX6900 because it does not need the data plan (I have a laptop and an aircard) mandated by Verizon.

I understood that the GPS could be "unlocked", which I took to mean that any GPS program could use the built in receiver.

However, and I apologize for my lack of knowledge here, but it appears that the phone needs to access an IP number (Data- AGPS??) to work.

I'm sorry to bring this thread back, but I really need to know before the phone gets in.

When did Verizon reverse not having data for the xv6900? that is interesting, tell me more.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Big Red VZW

Reddog80p is keeping up the good workReddog80p is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by tundrawolf View Post

Hello,

You can use gps programs like Iguidance which do not require direct download of maps to phone via a data plan.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Big Red VZW

Reddog80p is keeping up the good workReddog80p is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by leslie50 View Post
When did Verizon reverse not having data for the xv6900? that is interesting, tell me more.
I think the poster meant that a data plan is not required to purchase the verizon touch unlike the omnia which requires a data plan to buy.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

CrossXcalibur is just getting started

I am on an Alltel Touch Pro. I am looking for a Verizon PRI. Does anyone have any suggestion where I can find one to put on my phone?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue