rj5570
Lurker

rj5570 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Update verizon PRI and Sprint AGPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredcatsmommy View Post
I added the EnablePDEIPFromNV to my registry and changed back to the Sprint ServerIP, and it is sweet. Locks inside my office in seconds- something that hasn't happened before. I did some reading online and apparently for aGPS to work a PDE ip address is needed. I don't claim to understand this stuff, but it seems to be working for me.

update: just made the same registry changes to the alltel vogue, which stopped getting locks after I had cooked the files into a rom last night. Locks on five satellites after a soft reset after making the registry changes.

ok not sure if I did this right, sorry newbie to this, but how do you add EnablePDEIPFromNV

what i did was went to the splu agps and added a new dword key named EnablePDEIPFromNV with the value of 00000001

is this correct?

also where do i get th PPST.exe ? and is this for the xv6900?

i am using negaman's rom

EDIT!!!!

ok, I think I got working better, I installed each of the files in order, 1, 2, 3

set these:
"EnableGPSSmartMode"=dword:00000000
"EnableAGPS"=dword:00000000

left gpsmode at 4

and added:
"EnablePDEIPFromNV "=dword:00000001

(i figured out how to add the new dword value it was just "New Dword Value")

I stepped outside of my office and I got a lock in about 1 minute. I am on the 26th floor of a 48 floor tower, so I dont think I will get anything in here.

I will try tonite and see how fast it locks at home and inside my house.

NOW, if I could only find a good Bike mount and a way to charge the phone while riding my bike via the tires spinning, i would be in 7th heaven. Really would love to track my bike trips/speed/millage and log them

Last edited by rj5570; 08-06-2008 at 02:51 PM.