Old 07-29-2008, 09:57 PM
HTGamingPC
Lurker

HTGamingPC is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Update verizon PRI and Sprint AGPS

NEW THEORY: Calibration!

Take your Touch for a few walks around the block with VisualGPSce open. I did this afternoon and I can now get a lock in 20 seconds with 5 satellites from my living room, where I had no satellites as of this morning. Outside, it locks consistently in 5-6 seconds, even after soft resets and with any GPS program I try. Who would've thought!?

Before this, I had no success doing everything listed in this thread and a couple of others. I saw 1-3 satellites at most from the window of my living room and 3-4 satellites driving to and from work. All the while I could never get a lock. Even when I first went outside, it showed 9 satellites but still no lock for at least the first 10 minutes. I actually gave up and put the thing away, only to find that by the time I got home, my phone could all of the sudden beat the pants off of my Garmin for navigation.

In case you want to know, I unlocked with the official Sprint ROM and am running the ROM posted by Negamann on a Verizon XV6900 purchased this past weekend.

Last edited by HTGamingPC; 07-29-2008 at 10:03 PM.