PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2008, 02:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond - WM 6.5 - Telus 1.04.05
Carrier: Sprint

robotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Known Verizon Issue with cracked outer casing

So anyone else seeing the correlation between vibrate on and cracks? I'm getting a free sprint touch from a buddy and I wanted to swap the housing with a white one off fleabay. I personally like the white more than the black although the rubbery feel is nice. However, after reading this thread I'm definitely thinking twice...
Old 11-13-2008, 03:48 PM
N00b

Amiroquai is just getting started

Crap, I just ordered ZAGG's IS for the xv6900 I'm about to buy today or tomorrow.
I'd hate to have to keep taking it off and sending it back for replacements everytime the shell on this phone cracks on me and I have to send it back for a replacement.
And I would not want to replace the housing on it myself either (at least for the first year) as I wouldn't want to void the warranty.

I'm very anal about my gear and I also got a silicone case to go with the IS, but what good would those do if the cracks don't necessarily get caused by dropping the device. and I know I couldn't live a crack on it no matter how well the phone was still protected.

I sure hope that it's just the vibrating feature that causes it so I can just turn it off (not too pleased about it either).

I wonder how common this problem really is and why the hell hasn't Verizon done anything about it when it's been like 7 months already.

Old 11-13-2008, 04:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond - WM 6.5 - Telus 1.04.05
Carrier: Sprint

robotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quite a predicament. Personally, I can't really do without vibration. I'm using it 5 days of the week during work/school. I read on another forum somewhere that less than 1/3 are affected by cracks. Not sure if there is any truth to this but I doubt most people without problems would come looking for a thread like this. I guess, put on the shield and hope for the best. At least replacements will be free for you.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:40 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotphood View Post
Quite a predicament. Personally, I can't really do without vibration. I'm using it 5 days of the week during work/school. I read on another forum somewhere that less than 1/3 are affected by cracks. Not sure if there is any truth to this but I doubt most people without problems would come looking for a thread like this. I guess, put on the shield and hope for the best. At least replacements will be free for you.
Yeah I guess you are right, people who don't experience those kind of problems don't really come looking for solutions and these threads...
While replacements for IS are free, you still have to pay for the shipping (about $4), and those are a pain to put on (and it's also highly recommended that you let it dry off and settle for about 24 hours before using the phone).
I'll just disable the vibration and hope for the best...
if for some reason the housing cracks more than once on me, I'm just going to get new black housing for it, hopefully It'll be well into the first year I use it so the warranty wouldn't play a major role in that decision.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: low tech vzw

imdarkside is becoming a great contributor

i still hate this thread but keep coming back. so far phone #3 has no cracks. i use vibrate all the time and im not gonna give up my vibrates. phone #3 feels heavier in plastic on the front. maybe it is in my mind or maybe im so used the nasty crack that i got on phone #2 at the top. its nice to feel the phone without the cracks (especially when my baby is vibrating...). i dropped #3 on the concrete and it did not crack. i noticed these guys dont like stayin in their slipper case and it slides out especially with an arm load of other stuff when getting out of the car. so now i have a practice of puttin it in my pocket.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6900
Carrier: Verizon

Springer is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoolz48 View Post
Here is a PDF from xda-developers about how to disassemble the HTC Touch.

Link to XDA thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=407323
Where do I get the black case? I looked when the phone first came out. I had read the messages on Howard about the Bell phones. Mine cracked 3 days after I got it and I made them give me a new one at the store. The replacement lasted months but it cracked too. I already have a gray back for an extended battery. A black face would be fine with me.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:49 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer View Post
Where do I get the black case? I looked when the phone first came out. I had read the messages on Howard about the Bell phones. Mine cracked 3 days after I got it and I made them give me a new one at the store. The replacement lasted months but it cracked too. I already have a gray back for an extended battery. A black face would be fine with me.
Go on Ebay and look for "HTC Touch housing" , make sure you get the CDMA version housing, maybe you'll get more accurate results by using the keywords "xv6900 housing"
Old 11-17-2008, 01:27 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: vx6900

penorwood is a n00b

So I guess if you got your phone off of ebay and the cracks appear then you are totally screwed with getting a replacement?
Old 11-17-2008, 01:29 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

it looks like more of a seem then a crack. anywho there is ur whitespot

Old 11-17-2008, 01:29 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

Quote:
Originally Posted by penorwood View Post
So I guess if you got your phone off of ebay and the cracks appear then you are totally screwed with getting a replacement?
not at all i got my first apache off ebay and got 8 replacements hen a mogul for free then another mogul. that was with sprint
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue