PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What kind of screen did you get?
Sprint good screen 183 40.94%
Sprint Bad screen 176 39.37%
Verizon good screen 45 10.07%
Verizon bad screen 3 0.67%
Other good screen 34 7.61%
Other bad screen 6 1.34%
Voters: 447. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2008, 08:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW
Carrier: Sprint

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Good vs Bad screens (pictures + videos of both)

I just can't believe HTC is releasing so many varying (read: "****ty") screens for their products. Over in the kaiser forums, some are randomly getting amazing trans-reflective screens, while others get regular POS screens...
Old 06-05-2008, 08:31 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Im so glad i dont have any problems with my screen. I havent made it to VZW to check the difference, but like i have said all along if mine isnt a good screen its good enough. Cause i was just out in the blazin a$$ las vegas sun and i could still see my phone. granted i had to turn the brightness all the way up, but i know my phone so well i can do that blind.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:44 PM
VIP Member

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

If your screen doesn't look like this, then you don't have the "Good" screen...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaUsBK9xEbs

also, the screen doesn't change brightness at all. That is a side-effect of the light in the background...
Old 06-05-2008, 09:58 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
also, the screen doesn't change brightness at all. That is a side-effect of the light in the background...

Not even if i move one of these sliders?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screen.jpg (10.3 KB, 48 views) Click for barcode!
Old 06-05-2008, 10:39 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrito View Post
Not even if i move one of these sliders?

I meant that in reference to the video I shot. The brightnesss doesn't increase, nor decrease, no matter what angle I am viewing from. I wanted to clarify, since my camera automatically tries to compensate for different lighting situations...
Old 06-06-2008, 07:46 AM
PPCGeeks VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP

Well i have taken apart my mogul and my touch and the screen connectors are in the same place although the actual connection at the end is slightly different. So thats a no go, I had to take my touch apart anyway because after 1 week of owning it (used off ebay) the screen has gone completely white and i have tried everything to fix it, its not software, some claim it to be loose connections so i took everything apart re-seated all connections and still nothing looks like i will be waiting 60 days for square trade to kick in.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
Clockcycle..... you have a few mistakes. I have looked into this matter and have a friend that knows this specs. It goes like this...

Layers
___________ <---- screen protector
___________ <---- Top layer mylar (thick flexible plastic)
___________ <---- Digitazer

Space between this component and the actualy glass screen

___________ <---- Thick dark glued film (reduces over brighten lcd screen)
___________ <---- 1st layer glass LCD screen
___________ <---- Polarizing film (culprit)
___________ <---- 2nd Layer glass LCD screen

1st and 2nd glass LCD screens sandwich the polarizer and theres no way to remove it.

TMZ.... post your finds ASAP!

Interesting, mine is exactly as I described.. well on reflection you are right if you meaing the four foamy beige/gray strips. My Digitizer is stuck to those and the glass, you can touch the actual glass when touching the mylar/digitizer layer, but can not touch the LCD, as that space is alot and divides the two halves of the phone surrounded by a black rubbery/foam. Thus my units do not get the "waterwave" effect..

-CC

P.S. I sent an email to HTC repair, they gave me info on where to send the units to have them checked, and repaired under warranty or provice a CC if not under warranty.. Unfortuntely I already took my units totally apart and "fixed" them myself for $50.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Email cut & paste, enjoy

Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2008 2:02 PM
To: xxxxxxxx
Cc:
Subject: RE: Touch Screen peeling/smudging

Dear Customer,

Thank You for contacting HTC America.

I like to address your email by stating that I can provide a number where you can call

And they can assist you by providing an RMA # in which case you would be
Able to send your unit in for diagnosis, once the diagnosis has been completed our agency would then advice you of the results from the diagnosis.

If your unit is under warranty repair - we would then proceed with the
Repairs, but if your unit is out of warranty the agency will then request
A credit card to charge for the repair and the repair would then begin accordingly.

The agency would also provide you the address for shipping and the time frame for your unit to be completed.
1-888-617-1113

If you have further questions or concern please feel free to contact.

Best regards,

xxxxxxxx

Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 3:01 PM
To: xxxxxxxx
Cc:
Subject: Touch Screen peeling/smudging

Hello,

The unit also seems to have a "common" problem, which I was not aware was common until reading further about the problem with my unit. It has the polarizing effect in the center that looks like smudging also.

Please advise,

xxxxxxxx

Sent: Monday, June 02, 2008 11:28 AM
To: 'xxx@htc.com'
Subject: Alltel Touch screen

Hello,

I have an Alltel HTC Touch (Vogue 100), but I do not have Alltel service in my area.

It seems the phone's digitizer, screen is becoming unstuck on the left side and starting to smudge some sort of adhesive under the screen's touch area and that area does not respond to the stylus/touch anymore. It seems to be spreading and I afraid it will become useable at some time soon. It also seems as though the digitizer and polarizing portion as well as the protective portion of the screen's layers are become unstuck. As there is a rectangle in the middle that looks like moisture. The screen and the LCD do not have physical damage, it seems the heat is causing this.

Since I do not have Alltel service in my area, I can not call or return the unit to Alltel because I do not have service with them and they will not repair or replace the unit. I would like to use the phone as a PDA and perhaps on a different carrier.

I would like to keep this unit or at least have a repaired/replacement with the same LCD screen quality. I also have a Sprint HTC Touch, and it's screen quality is very poor in comparison.

Please advise as what procedures to take to have this unit repaired or replaced. Return/repair facility address, RMA #, etc..

Thank you for your time,

xxxxxxx

P.S. I have attached a photo of the unit for reference.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE : The information in this e-mail is confidential and privileged; it is intended for use solely by the individual or entity named as the recipient hereof. Disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this e-mail by persons other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited and may violate applicable laws. If you have received this e-mail in error, please delete the original message and notify us by return email or collect call immediately. Thank you. HTC, Corporation

Last edited by clockcycle; 06-06-2008 at 12:26 PM.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:36 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
Interesting, mine is exactly as I described.. well on reflection you are right if you meaing the four foamy beige/gray strips. My Digitizer is stuck to those and the glass, you can touch the actual glass when touching the mylar/digitizer layer, but can not touch the LCD, as that space is alot and divides the two halves of the phone surrounded by a black rubbery/foam. Thus my units do not get the "waterwave" effect..

-CC

P.S. I sent an email to HTC repair, they gave me info on where to send the units to have them checked, and repaired under warranty or provice a CC if not under warranty.. Unfortuntely I already took my units totally apart and "fixed" them myself for $50.

Clockcycle..... if the actual LCD screen is stripped down.... theres 3 layers of a plastic like foggy films. They all seperate but are totally attached to the frame that holds the actual led lights. Even removing those you still have the terrible angles of view. Thats why I said the polarizer is actually sandwiched between the actual LCD glasses. There is no cure but to actually get the real good screen.
Old 06-06-2008, 04:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: Telus

captspaulding1000 is just getting started

similar thing going on in Canada between bell and telus.
http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...8#post11160708
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue