PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What kind of screen did you get?
Sprint good screen 183 40.94%
Sprint Bad screen 176 39.37%
Verizon good screen 45 10.07%
Verizon bad screen 3 0.67%
Other good screen 34 7.61%
Other bad screen 6 1.34%
Voters: 447. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2008, 09:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Frankenstien aka SprinTel phone

Thought I'd share some pictures of my SprinTel phone.

Front cover, protector/digitizer/glass Sprint assembly. Alltel LCD (the "good" one). Alltel silver cluster. Alltel Back cover and gray stylus.

Old 06-03-2008, 10:41 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Good vs Bad screens (pictures + videos of both)

That looks damn good!
Old 06-03-2008, 11:45 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

I can for sure tell that thats a good screen. Very vivid image for sure. Looks really good. You are very lucky. Why don't you take pictures of both phones together side by side but both tilted top side down wards. That tilt is very noticeable on the terrible screen. it goes all black compared to the good screen where as it goes full vivid still. I must say it does look good. =D>
Old 06-04-2008, 01:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Procter is becoming a great contributor

To be frank, due to the limit of camera or my display, I really can't tell how bad the "bad" is nor how "good" the good is. Maybe a side by side comparison is a good idea. But except envying the lucky guy and his persistence , is there any improvement for normal user to identify good from bad?
Old 06-04-2008, 01:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Procter View Post
To be frank, due to the limit of camera or my display, I really can't tell how bad the "bad" is nor how "good" the good is. Maybe a side by side comparison is a good idea. But except envying the lucky guy and his persistence , is there any improvement for normal user to identify good from bad?
Only way to tell would be having them physically side by side. Even though the "better" screen is visibly darker, you can only tell when you have the slightly lighter one to compare with.

Again it's REAL easy to tell you have the lesser screen, just tilt it, if it doesn't look as good as HEAD ON viewing, then you can bet it's the lesser one.

I will try to get both side by side, hard to tilt and snap the pictures with only 3 arms..

BTW the very first post has a few pictures linked with both side by side displaying the same image.

-CC

Last edited by clockcycle; 06-04-2008 at 01:43 PM.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:11 PM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
All I can say, is I never returned my Touch because of the "bad" screen. I returned it because it kept getting dark spots all over, which I think is related to the "bad" screen properties.

Austin, TX, Slaughter/I-35 -- If you want a good Touch.

The difference is so incredible that I have a feeling that most of you who have "good" screens--don't...
I'm sorry, I may be mis-reading this, but are you telling us that the store mentioned here has the good screen? I live in Texas and could make the trip to Austin if this is the case.

Spread the thanks! Click http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/but...ost_thanks.gif if someone helps you!
Old 06-04-2008, 04:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Procter is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman247 View Post
I'm sorry, I may be mis-reading this, but are you telling us that the store mentioned here has the good screen? I live in Texas and could make the trip to Austin if this is the case.
No there has not been any official statement about screen quality and all of the stuff here are based on our own observation.

The bad thing is so far there's no clue about how to identify a good screen without breaking the package and compare it with a bad one in your hand. I hardly believe that the store would let you just go in and open all of their packages to see the screen without an official notice from corporate or manufacturer.

Btw, can you press the "good" screen to see if it also has the waterwave. I believe that may lead to the dark spots and smudge a lot of other people have experienced on their Touch.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Threadstarter

bob13bob is just getting started

There is side by side comparison pictures and video in the first post. It's very easy to tell, just tilt your phone down slightly and watch the colors reverse=bad screen. Look at the picture. Maybe we should make videos of the screen viewing angle limitations and tag it on youtube as responses to sprints marketing on the raphael vs iphone youtube videos. lol.

Even though the improved screen difference is worth at least $50 to me, this and the mogul are the best phones with sprint's sero plan. Nothing even comes close imho. I'm definitely happy going this route.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Procter View Post
No there has not been any official statement about screen quality and all of the stuff here are based on our own observation.

The bad thing is so far there's no clue about how to identify a good screen without breaking the package and compare it with a bad one in your hand. I hardly believe that the store would let you just go in and open all of their packages to see the screen without an official notice from corporate or manufacturer.

Btw, can you press the "good" screen to see if it also has the waterwave. I believe that may lead to the dark spots and smudge a lot of other people have experienced on their Touch.

There is absolutely no waterwave on the good screen. You are right, as there seems to be a correlation between the screens that make the wave, and having dark spots and other problems. Also my good screen feels a lot tighter... It makes it easier to use swiping motions, like in s2u2...

Also, yes, I for sure, 100% got a good screen on their new stock at the store at I35 and Slaughter Lane...
Old 06-04-2008, 07:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Jarkmackson is a n00b

Well, does anyone know if the screen from a Mogul can be swapped into the touch?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue