PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2009, 05:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch HD (Blackstone)
Carrier: T-Mobile US
Threadstarter

jim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android For The Vogue Is Here!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylo77 View Post
I cannot get to the Internet from Android. I have flashed radio 3.42.50 from 3.42.30. Usually I launch Internet explorer prior to starting the haret and it works fine. I've also toggeled Toga but no success.

I'm using Martin's posting from Dec 5th and even tried loading foobars latest system.img.

thanks for any help!

Quick Edit - cannot make calls either....

I think that pretty much everyone is having problems w/ Android on the latest build. Try reverting to a previous one to see if its a problem w/ you / your device or the soft.

Don't forget to donate or say thanks!

Flashing How To for Vogue

Super cheap phones: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=39267

HD or iPhone http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44839

Android on Vogue (by dzo): http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=23244
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint

wizziko is just getting started

is there any way to get the ringers and text alert sounds off of Android? I would love to use them on WM
Old 01-12-2009, 07:35 AM
okcoolthnx

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Well, I guess I'm joining the masses who have had their Memory cards wiped from using Android. It just happened to me tonight. What a shame, I really enjoyed this OS. Now i'm staying far away from it...
Old 01-13-2009, 02:43 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch (Vogue)

miamicanes is a n00b

Is there a guide somewhere that actually tells how to use Android? I've found tons of videos intended to convince me it's great, countless breathless testimonials about its alleged greatness, and endless propaganda of a similar nature... but absolutely nothing that actually says, "Here are the gestures it recognizes, here's what the buttons do, etc." It's almost like Android's developers at Google completely forgot (or couldn't be bothered) to write the user manual for it... or even throw up a badly-executed html page somewhere with "getting started" tips on it.

I know it HAS to exist somewhere... but where?

Also, is there any hope of getting bluetooth support anytime soon? Without bluetooth, it's basically just something to play with when I'm bored and have nothing better to do, because I use my cell phone as my "real" phone, and have an AT&T cordless phone that pairs with it at home (otherwise, when my phone rings, it would be on the wrong floor half the time, and in a room besides the one I'm in about 80% of the time). Ditto, for my car (Ford SYNC). I can live with having to boot back into WM6.1 to use the camera or gps, but without bluetooth, my phone is basically useless as a phone.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:42 AM
okcoolthnx

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

If you go on YouTube, you can search for any G1 review and it'll show you exactly how Android works.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:13 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamicanes View Post
Is there a guide somewhere that actually tells how to use Android? I've found tons of videos intended to convince me it's great, countless breathless testimonials about its alleged greatness, and endless propaganda of a similar nature... but absolutely nothing that actually says, "Here are the gestures it recognizes, here's what the buttons do, etc." It's almost like Android's developers at Google completely forgot (or couldn't be bothered) to write the user manual for it... or even throw up a badly-executed html page somewhere with "getting started" tips on it.

Wow, are you serious? What kind of geek are you that you need a manual for something. Especially something that is basically a toy. Play with it and see how it works, or go to a t-mobile store and see if they have an extra G1 manual laying around. My room mate has an actual G1, and has had one since they were released. I swear just about everyday he is showing me something new and cool he just found out his phone can do, but then again i was the same way when i got my first pda. (Blue Angel, What you suckas know about that???)

btw, its not for everyone....

Old 01-14-2009, 01:18 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch (Vogue)

miamicanes is a n00b

Whoah... back up and re-read that: you have a roommate with a G1 to show you how it works. I can assure you, if you're holding an Android phone for the first time, almost nothing about it is obvious to someone whose phone/PDA history is 100% Windows Mobile and Palm.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue, HTC 5800, Touch it like a Pro!
Carrier: Verizon

shadowfender42 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowfender42 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowfender42 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Its pretty simple once you get the hang of it. If youre wondering about how to navigate I think the buttons go

Volume up=back
Volume down=menu
Camera=keyboard
Dpad=......Dpad lol
Hold red=power down
red=screen off (useless since it usually doesnt come back up)
green= call.
Correct me if Im wrong on these.
Whenever your doing something use the menu option to see all the stuff you can do with it. Its pretty neat.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:31 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamicanes View Post
Whoah... back up and re-read that: you have a roommate with a G1 to show you how it works. I can assure you, if you're holding an Android phone for the first time, almost nothing about it is obvious to someone whose phone/PDA history is 100% Windows Mobile and Palm.

I never said he shows me how to use the phone. I just said he shows me the cool things as he figures them out, just as i did to him when ever i get a new device. It just so happens they have all been WinMo.

I wasnt trying to be rude, i was just saying play with it and see what you come up with, then you can come ask questions on what you cant figure out.

I apologize if i seem some what abrasive, but its hard to set a 'tone', if you will, in a block of typed text.

Old 01-14-2009, 04:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint TouchPro2

rdcolga is a n00b

This may be a repost. But I found this site... the lastest update is very close to being fully operational.

There is a Portrait Keyboard
DPi has been adjusted so all screens look better (no more icon overlapping)
Dialer screen fixed also

http://vogue-android.blogspot.com/20...ew-update.html
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue