PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2008, 09:56 PM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne
Re: Help setting up HTC TOUCH Bluetooth PAN (Personal Area Network) to replace WiFi u

Quote:
Originally Posted by vthokie96 View Post
Hey DIVXRIPPIMP ,

Do you have the xv6900? Your mac sees the bluetooth PAN? Have you tried to see if a PC can see the BT pan on the same phone....my pc sees the device as a bluetooth device just not as a PAN

Any suggestions from anyone?
yes he has the HTC touch for sprint....
Old 09-10-2008, 01:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6900

BlissTouch is a n00b
Re: Help setting up HTC TOUCH Bluetooth PAN (Personal Area Network) to replace WiFi u

Nothing yet? I'm on a xv6900 and I would like to find a solution to this so I can browse my lan over bluetooth. Orb is great for media but when I'm at home and want to control the xbmc, vnc, or even rdp ... i don't wanna have these ports open to the net.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

tcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I am running the lastest stock ROM and my bt pan worked right away. First I ran the ICS fix which fixed the issue of needing to add a modem connection. Then I opened my bluetooth settings on my pc and added my phone by searching for a new connection. After pairing the pc to the phone i was set. To run a connection I open ICS (Internet Connection Sharing), select Bluetooth with Sprint PCS as my connection. Click Connect on the phone. I then go to my PC and select connect in my bt manager.
Old 09-14-2008, 03:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6900

BlissTouch is a n00b

so you are saying you can browse your lan from your phones bluetooth? becuase I can already share my phones net connection to the PC (USB and BlueTooth) I just want to be able to browse my files on the lan.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlissTouch View Post
so you are saying you can browse your lan from your phones bluetooth? because I can already share my phones net connection to the PC (USB and BlueTooth) I just want to be able to browse my files on the lan.
No, I am saying you can use your phone as a modem using Internet Connection Sharing.

You can browse your bluetooth enabled PC with via ftp using the Bluetooth Folders application. But you cannot browse another PC without setting up routing tables and bridges. On your phone and PC. Which would be a PITA.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

erockvr6 is keeping up the good workerockvr6 is keeping up the good workerockvr6 is keeping up the good work

none of these suggestions are resolving the initial request, i am also looking for an option to browse the internet from my ppc over a bt pan on the pc, not using my phone as a modem
Old 10-06-2008, 01:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

xtremelydeep is a n00b

More than a few people are asking this question. I'm no one to offer an opinion to the masses but I assume internet access FROM the vogue/touch via a bluetooth-PAN enabled pc is crippled. I have been searching for over a week trying to figure this out and no one seems to know how unless the PAN enabled PC is an Apple Mac running OS/X. No one is bold enough to say "it doesn't work." but for all practical purposes it doesn't.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:03 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Ozone,Diam,Imagio,TPro2,Opt-S,EVO,3VO,E4GT
Carrier: Boost (CDMA)

m4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremelydeep View Post
More than a few people are asking this question. I'm no one to offer an opinion to the masses but I assume internet access FROM the vogue/touch via a bluetooth-PAN enabled pc is crippled. I have been searching for over a week trying to figure this out and no one seems to know how unless the PAN enabled PC is an Apple Mac running OS/X. No one is bold enough to say "it doesn't work." but for all practical purposes it doesn't.
So you're saying if I have a Mac OS/X (which I do) I can turn ICS on via Bluetooth and use my Mac with my phone's internet via Bluetooth PAN? I didn't figure it out last time I tried so I gave up. Would you mind telling the rest of us how you did it? Thanks.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:26 AM
Lurker

carl10810 is a n00b

Hey guys I need some help with this. I've been searching the net for about a week and half now and still haven't found a solution for this. When i connect my macbook leo 10.5 with my HTC TOUCH PRO from sprint, It connects and after i start searching the web for about 10 secs it cuts off. But if i simply leave it there and i dont do anything, it doesn't disconnect. But it works fine using windows machines.

error message " Bluetooth network failed.
Your device unexpectedly disconnected. Make sure it is turned on and in range.

thanks!
Old 07-31-2009, 11:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sexy is Back!!)

ceazarj is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl10810 View Post
Hey guys I need some help with this. I've been searching the net for about a week and half now and still haven't found a solution for this. When i connect my macbook leo 10.5 with my HTC TOUCH PRO from sprint, It connects and after i start searching the web for about 10 secs it cuts off. But if i simply leave it there and i dont do anything, it doesn't disconnect. But it works fine using windows machines.

error message " Bluetooth network failed.
Your device unexpectedly disconnected. Make sure it is turned on and in range.

thanks!

HEY did you ever find a solution to this issue?
Seeing i just purchased a macbook and my bt pan is doing the exact same thing but i think mine is lasting about 5 secs before it disconnects
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue