PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2008, 08:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6900 MR1 w/customization
Carrier: Verizon

wmnoobie is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool adding a new city to weather xv6900

Anyone have an easy way to add a new city/location to weather - (I am a true smartphone/wm newbie) so I'm looking for an idiot proof method. I've searched and most of the methods are more technical than my current experience, Any help would be appreciated
Old 04-21-2008, 08:44 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: adding a new city to weather xv6900

If your using the HTC home plug use HTC Home Customizer HERE . Also HERE is the webpage .

Last edited by Lsme420; 04-21-2008 at 08:47 PM.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6900 MR1 w/customization
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

wmnoobie is just getting started

I just received my Verizon xv6900 so I am currently running the device as shipped - in fact i haven't even set up the PC I've just been setting up the phone. HTC home customizer is one I've seen mentioned many times as an improvement. - I went to the website it looks a couple people had trouble with the city changes so I have been a little unsure about downloading it. It also looks as though you need to download a couple different things - is that correct? Do you download directly to the phone or is it better to go to the pc first? What about something like SPB Mobile (and if you use it do you still have the cube)?

Last edited by wmnoobie; 04-21-2008 at 09:35 PM.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:16 AM
Lurker

uptown502 is a n00b

i have htc home customizer but when i typed in Albany,NY United States and the zip, it comes up "attempting to load data..." and it stays like that for minutes. any suggestions?
Old 04-22-2008, 10:21 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

yes, you will need to download & install HTC Home customizer to set a custom city. the customizer is a great program, not just for the weather but to change everything about HTC Home. definitely grab it!

After you add the custom city, if you get error while trying to retrieve the weather, you may need to run this patch....

ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/OM...HTCHomeDLL.CAB

but it still may not work, because you're using the stock HTC Home plugin. you may need to upgrade your HTC Home to......

ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/OM...5.722..cab.zip

these are cabs, which need to be run from the phone. either copy to phone or download straight to phone, either way....
Old 04-25-2008, 04:33 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: SGH-T959D leaked 'Official' froyo
Carrier: Telus

Rabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuff

I tried both files, and still got nothing for Fox Creek, Canada. It is on the accuweather.com site, but I cannot seem to find a way to get it in and the nearest city that works is Edmonton but 2.5 hrs NW and has different weather. Any ideas?

edit-
I e-mailed accuweather and they said that it was up to HTC to add my town and that it was beyond their control.

Last edited by Rabid_Gypsy; 04-25-2008 at 05:20 AM.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6900

mistermatt is a n00b

I installed the HTC home DLL and now my phone is frozen. Is this what they call "bricked".
Old 08-01-2009, 10:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH
Carrier: SPRINT

jimt29 is keeping up the good workjimt29 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermatt View Post
I installed the HTC home DLL and now my phone is frozen. Is this what they call "bricked".
Doubtful. Just do a soft reset. (bottom of Touch - reset hole - use stylus)

If that doesn't work you can always do the hard reset. (Hold both phone buttons and use stylus to reset.) Follow instructions on the phone.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue