PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2008, 09:57 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Threadstarter

Audi2Audi is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Help setting up HTC TOUCH Bluetooth PAN (Personal Area Network) to replace WiFi u

From the first post:

"I am aware that I can share the internet connection through ActiveSync but I would like to solve the PAN issue for other reasons...i.e. Use on PCs that do not have ActiveSync installed on them: friend's houses ect."

I am using the ActiveSync solution at home now but the main goal of getting the Bluetooth PAN solution functioning would be to use the internet connection of a host PC that does not have ActiveSync installed.

I want to be able to walk around with a Bluetooth USB adapter in my pocket, when I require an internet connection away from home, simply pop the adapter into friend's computers QUICKLY setup the PAN and borrow their connection. The keyword here is QUICKLY - I am sure my friend's would let me install ActiveSync and configure the connection blah blah blah but it would be quicker if all I had to do was pop the Bluetooth Device into the machine and enable ICS and be set.

From my reading I know this method was used widely in the past.

I am sure the issue lies in the Bluetooth Stack on the Vogue. The question is how can we install the Widcomm Stack on or devices?

Thanks again, Audi2Audi.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

SachinMundra is a n00b
Re: Help setting up HTC TOUCH Bluetooth PAN (Personal Area Network) to replace WiFi u

Exactly!! QUICKLY is the key word. I have been trying to do the same with the same thought of being able to quickly borrow an internet connection. But no success so far [well i started doing this just today morning ]. I will keep looking and update this post if i find anything fruitful, but if you found it already, please oblige me
Old 04-09-2008, 09:21 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Threadstarter

Audi2Audi is becoming a great contributor

My search got put on hold!

I am still around though so keep us updated of any advancements!

Thanks, Audi2Audi.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

vthokie96 is a n00b

I too have tried to run wm6btpan.exe on the mobile phone and nothing happens. I am trying to get the bluetooth PAN to broadcast to my XP computer but it cannot see it. I can use it fine with internet sharing with a USB cable but does anyone know what to do to get it to work with the bluetooth PAN network so I can see it.

I tried the file but nothing happens when I click it on the phone
Old 06-24-2008, 05:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (PPC6800) > HTC Touch (PPC6900) > HTC Touch Pro (PPC6850)
Carrier: Sprint Sero (1200 Min Plan)

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp

It works perfect on a mac, i just pair the phone to the mac and it gives me a bluetooth pan option, then i start internet sharing that thats it...

Pc is another story, bluetooth on pc blows
Old 06-25-2008, 09:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung i780

dherrero is a n00b

Hi.
Any new about it? I really need a solution. My company wants to setup a bluetooth network for allllll the floors to let the users access the enterprise intranet using bluetooth and WM6 (and MS BT stack). Any idea?
Dani
Old 06-25-2008, 01:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

vthokie96 is a n00b

Hey DIVXRIPPIMP ,

Do you have the xv6900? Your mac sees the bluetooth PAN? Have you tried to see if a PC can see the BT pan on the same phone....my pc sees the device as a bluetooth device just not as a PAN

Any suggestions from anyone?
Old 06-30-2008, 10:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch [Vogue]
Carrier: Sprint

LauraAmerica is just getting started

Hi.

I also need the PAN between my Touch and Vista (to use my touch's camera as a wireless webcam).

They paired just fine. PC (bluesoleil 6) sees the Touch as PAN capable but when I try to establish the connection it just can't (the dialog/status opens it seems like there are some exchange of data or something but after a few seconds it just can't establish it).

I've used PAN network many times with my other devices and only the Touch seems to have problems with it.

I found two folders for PAN in the registry but without the needed keys to solve this.

BTW, on the PC (Vista) I'm using bluesoleil 6.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue - Sprint Touch

flyhighusa is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to flyhighusa Send a message via MSN to flyhighusa Send a message via Skype™ to flyhighusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by divxrippimp View Post
It works perfect on a mac, i just pair the phone to the mac and it gives me a bluetooth pan option, then i start internet sharing that thats it...

Pc is another story, bluetooth on pc blows
I got it to work fine with mac as well, but with former roms I was able to setup a conection icon (looks like a little phone in the top right taskbar)

All I would have to do is click on that icon and hit connect. It would automatically conect via bluetooth with my phone (which I would keep in my bag) and show me the connection time.

Now I get the following error : "Failed to open an RFCOMM serial channel. Check if authentication needs to be enabled on your device" (This is on my mac by the way)

The method you and I use now works, but with a few steps. Always trying to go faster Any ideas?
Old 07-01-2008, 08:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch [Vogue]

LauraAmerica is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyhighusa View Post
Now I get the following error : "Failed to open an RFCOMM serial channel. Check if authentication needs to be enabled on your device" (This is on my mac by the way)
There's an option at the Bluetooth settings (Vogue/Touch) to change that.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue