PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2008, 02:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Sprint

PlainShane is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thus meaning that it is a warranty issue rather than an insurance issue (no deductible), yes?
Old 01-13-2008, 12:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

meatlocker is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by sza3434 View Post
Lots of bad info in this thread...... (i only read the first page and couldnt take it)

Im a Sprint tech mgr....here is how this works...your screen is covered under TEP. It should cost you NOTHING to have that fixed/replaced as long as there is no liquid or physical damage to the motherboard. Since the LCD may need to be ordered as the Touch is relatively new, you may have to suffer for a bit until the new one comes in. It shouldnt take 10 days.
My screen had to be ordered, according to UTSTARCOM. I called them twice while it was out for repair, and they gave me the straight scoop each time on where it was in the repair process. Granted, mine was sent in on the 21st of December, so I had Christmas and New Years to wait through. Turnaround may be quicker than 10 days under normal (non-holiday) circumstances.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HERO & TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT -my paycheck-

GODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to GODZSON
Just take it to the nearest Sprint Full Service Store, they will open just to verify if it is not water damage and then if it ain't they would request a Touch for you through the Service and Repair program the best thing to have as said before is TEP (Total Equipment Protection) covers everything and everything.. They will request it and it be recieved in 2 to 5 business days usually its 2, or if they have one they can give you from stiock they may do that for you depends on the rep.. Hope it goes well.

GOD BLESS

Donations (show love for my work)
Old 01-21-2008, 07:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Threadstarter

MrOuija36 is a n00b
well .. I just came back .. and my love for sprint has be rekindled

went in .. they checked it out and boom .. went in the back and opened a new one out the box and gave it to me .. no fuss no hassle ..

just wanna thank yall for the info REALLY helped out

sidenote: behind the repair side there was a box labeled "put all damaged LCD screens here" so im assuming for this particular issue it is good for a phone swap
Old 01-21-2008, 10:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Peteman100 is becoming a great contributor
Can someone tell me the difference between a full service repair center, a full service plus repair center and a Full Sprint PCS and Nextel Repair Center. Those are the labels on the 3 repair centers closest to me. Thanks!

Peter
Old 01-22-2008, 10:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

batcatman is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsantos View Post
Wow I guess I am not the only one with the screen dot. I thought that I had done it. It's on left side of my screen. DAMN HTC!
just trying to discover a pattern here, coz mine developed an oval bluish pressure mark in lower left quadrant while being in my pocket. used ppc6700 to its utmost for 2 yrs. and nothing.
plus this had the thick invisibleshield on it.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Peteman100 is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by batcatman View Post
just trying to discover a pattern here, coz mine developed an oval bluish pressure mark in lower left quadrant while being in my pocket. used ppc6700 to its utmost for 2 yrs. and nothing.
plus this had the thick invisibleshield on it.
My touch is suffering from the exact same ailment.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch

jabo75 is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by klurf8881 View Post
i love everyones explanations- "it looks like a pressure mark like it was pressed too hard, but i didnt do it!" yes the screen pressed itself in enough to do damage......sheesh

if it was pressed too hard, no matter how, its your fault. no matter what lame story it is- my dog did it, my case did it, my kid did it. guess what? your phone youre responsibility.
So what you're saying is that there are never any situations where a defective or sub-standard screen, or other components, or engineering may be at fault?

Wow you must live in a perfect world where everything's perfect except for the stupid end-users!

Congratulations!
I'm so very happy for you...
Old 02-03-2008, 03:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Blackberry Tour
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

ryanbg is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by klurf8881 View Post
i love everyones explanations- "it looks like a pressure mark like it was pressed too hard, but i didnt do it!" yes the screen pressed itself in enough to do damage......sheesh

if it was pressed too hard, no matter how, its your fault. no matter what lame story it is- my dog did it, my case did it, my kid did it. guess what? your phone youre responsibility.

Now saying that, if the store wants to replace it under TEP feel lucky. They could easily under the system make you use an insurance claim or the go the $55 route. Technically physical customer damage normally isnt covered under in-store repair.
Ugh... You are an idiot? Google the "Mura Effect"
Old 02-03-2008, 04:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Blackberry Tour
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

ryanbg is just getting started
Hello ,

Thank you for emailing Sprint. I apologize for the inconvenience that has been caused due to the phone.

I noticed that phone HTC Touch has been activated on the line XXX-XXX-XXXX. I understand that you wish to change your phone, due to the screen. I checked that new phone HTC Touch has been activated as of January 02, 2008, which does not come under 30 days trail period.

I have gone ahead and discussed your concern with my supervisor and convinced him to exchange your phone from our side. However, if you purchase another phone, then you will have to pay the difference of the phone price. I request you to please write back to me with the phone model, I will process your request from my side.

Waiting for your reply.

Vivian K
E-Care
Sprint

I received this message after mailing sprint customer care, and what does exchanging the phone on their side me?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue