PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you like this ROM?
Yes 168 68.85%
It's OK 35 14.34%
Neutral 30 12.30%
Not so Good 4 1.64%
No 7 2.87%
Voters: 244. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2009, 05:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman
Re: [UPDATED 6/10/09] v4.2.1 WM 6.5 (SPRINT IS UP!!)

I left out Skyfire cause it's still not as great as everyone makes it to be because it's unfinished...

WM 7 Titanium Project....I never got around to finding to making an oem for it

And GPS and texting all work for me, sMMS works perfect for picture mail...I just got WinPM working and now I will try to get Arcsoft working

Then I will look into Titanium Project...and Weather

Also...there was something else but I can't remember now
Old 06-12-2009, 07:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

ruckstande is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkbud View Post
gps works so far

texting works, I am having some issues but thats probably because I added a newer versio of arcsoft. If you stick with sMMS and the included program you should be fine.

There are a few other cabs that you may want...for instance the WM 7 titanium project, skyfire, that sort of thing.

I have been running it all day and it works well so far.
Overall, do you feel that it is a better alternative to 6.1? I find 6.1 to be slower than hell. It is also the only phone I have and I didn't see a list of instructions for this. I will Google further to investigate for the weekend.

Is Opera included?
Old 06-12-2009, 07:54 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

I am making a new 6.5 rom, so just wait for that one
Old 06-12-2009, 09:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

ruckstande is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosdaman View Post
I am making a new 6.5 rom, so just wait for that one
Really? Awesome, I'll wait for that. Maybe I won't have to dump Sprint.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:11 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Well I have all the MMS's working

1. Arcsoft 5.0
2. sMMS 7.2
3. WinPM

Now all three are good here's the benefits of all...

1. Replaces SMS with SMS/MMS and allows Video, Voice, and Picture message just like it use to be. You can add pictures and videos like normal.

2. Nice program that takes some setting up on the users part, but is constantly being worked on and made better. It takes all the pictures and allows you to look at them all. It uses the website basically so you can send and receive. $5 for the Pro program.

3. WinPM is the Sprint's official Picture Mail put out for the HTC Touch. I prefer this one the most. It adds Picture Mail and Post to Service to Messaging program. This allows you to upload pictures and videos straight to popular websites like Myspace, Facebook, and YouTube. It also sends and receives picture mail. I'm not sure if it does video and voice as well.

Acrsoft is the original MMS, WinPM is the best IMO, and sMMS can be put in as a 2nd choice. Arcsoft and WinPM doen't work well together, but sMMS works with both well.

So if you can chose 1 which one would it be? And Would you want sMMS too?

(EDIT: I updated the Change Log)
Old 06-12-2009, 09:28 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue

Dojey is a n00b

I'd vote for WinPM. Though I've been using your ROMs for a while I don't know my way around the programs... pretty much been just going off by what you say is best.

Quote:
Well I have all the MMS's working

1. Arcsoft 5.0
2. sMMS 7.2
3. WinPM

Now all three are good here's the benefits of all...

1. Replaces SMS with SMS/MMS and allows Video, Voice, and Picture message just like it use to be. You can add pictures and videos like normal.

2. Nice program that takes some setting up on the users part, but is constantly being worked on and made better. It takes all the pictures and allows you to look at them all. It uses the website basically so you can send and receive. $5 for the Pro program.

3. WinPM is the Sprint's official Picture Mail put out for the HTC Touch. I prefer this one the most. It adds Picture Mail and Post to Service to Messaging program. This allows you to upload pictures and videos straight to popular websites like Myspace, Facebook, and YouTube. It also sends and receives picture mail. I'm not sure if it does video and voice as well.

Acrsoft is the original MMS, WinPM is the best IMO, and sMMS can be put in as a 2nd choice. Arcsoft and WinPM doen't work well together, but sMMS works with both well.

(EDIT: I updated the Change Log)
Aside from the change log, is there any way to get a list of all the programs included in the ROMs? Just to help decide between clean and full?

Thanks.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:37 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

That's the beauty of this, there is no more full or clean, I just have 6.1 or 6.5...

I will put in some useful programs but not too many
Old 06-12-2009, 09:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO, Touch Pro 2

jstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
That's the beauty of this, there is no more full or clean, I just have 6.1 or 6.5...

I will put in some useful programs but not too many
Could you post some screen shots of your 6.5 ROM?
Old 06-12-2009, 12:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint Sero 50

stinkbud is just getting started

Quote:

In the past few weeks of experimenting with 6.5 I have tried all three apps. So far I like the simplicity of Arcsoft. If it is working seamlessly now I see no reason not to use that. WinPM seems to be a lot like sMMS. I like sMMS for viewing the pictures at this point.

So I am voting choice 1 and 3. I could learn to live with any of the programs in the end just as long as they are fully functional and no bugs bog them down.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch/Vogue

xencloud is just getting started

I like the WinPM program, I guess I'm just used to it. I like the uploading feature.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development