PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2008, 12:20 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone, HTC Touch
Carrier: AT&T - Formerly Sprint
Threadstarter

dette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to dette
Re: UPDATE-11/03/2008 Dette 2D v2.3 Diamond Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstack77 View Post
Isn't the ROM you're making just adding up ingredients in his supplied kitchen? If so, couldn't you simply release a rar of the kitchen files up to the point right before you pressed play? That way we could add our own OEMs and everyone would be happy...no?
I could.. But I dont think I will.. This is more straight forward.. Its just flash and go.. Its more of my creating then just adding files ... I dont want to release a kitchen that he already made.. I might make a kitchen eventually but for now I am going to stick with building ROM's
Quote:
Originally Posted by half_pint_uc View Post
What fully loaded ROM are you talking about? v1.0 perhaps?
the v2.3 version not clean dailer I changed it not sure what dailer it is and it's sweet the one everyone is haveing issues with I ain't haveing them after reg fix btw THANKS for the reg fix

One more thing anyone know why when I have Microsoft Voice command and Quick Menu installed I can't go into my settings I click on it but my phone just freezes ???? kinda werid[/QUOTE]

its called Opal Phonecanvas (just search google or XDA)..

I dont know why it would be freezing.. that is weird

MY WEBSITE!
ProTek!

HTC Touch/Vogue
Radio: 3.42.30 - Vogue
HTC Touch ROM: Dette 2D v2.4 Diamond Edition Beta 1
IF SOMEONE HELPED YOU PLEASE PRESS THE BUTTON!
PM Me if you need help! I will give it to the best of my ability!
Old 11-24-2008, 03:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Alltel w/Sprint phone

njkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnjkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnjkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnjkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnjkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Dette, I just got done modding a few of the icons in the task bar. I love it! Maybe consider doing these mods in your new rom. Just a suggestion. Sorry, I know you have your hands full already. I just thought you might like them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen07.jpg (13.6 KB, 45 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Screen08.jpg (13.5 KB, 37 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-24-2008, 05:23 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

dette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkid32 View Post
Dette, I just got done modding a few of the icons in the task bar. I love it! Maybe consider doing these mods in your new rom. Just a suggestion. Sorry, I know you have your hands full already. I just thought you might like them.
Nice job.. How did you mod them? What files? I was trying then kind of gave up because I had other stuff to do... I would be very interested in knowing how to mod them ...
Old 11-24-2008, 05:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Alltel w/Sprint phone

njkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnjkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnjkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnjkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnjkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

It was actually pretty easy. Just read this thread.. I was only able to do the volume, network and start menu icons.

As for the volume/battery all you need to install is-

sdkcerts.cab
Taskbar%20Icons%20v2.cab
darlord_battery_meter_v2_fixed.cab (this cab is for the volume icon as well it wont actually do anything to the battery icon)

For the Black EV and 1X Icons download tapres.192.dll use TC to change your old tapres.96.dll to tapres.96.dll.bak then using TC place the downloaded copy into /windows, next soft reset and you can go back in and delete the .bak one. The dll that you dl is really for the Diamond or TP. So it has the 192 in it. I just change the 192 to 96 and it worked just fine.

The start menu was pretty easy as well. The directions were quite clear in this thread.

Install Icone demarrer.cab its attached to the first post in that thread. Also download the start menu icons here.

After you choose the menu icon you want to use copy it using totalcommander. Then go into your windows folder and find shellres.96.dll.0409.mui. Rename that file to shellres.96.dll.0409.mui.bak. Then just paste the new file in the windows folder. Soft reset and your done.

This whole thing will take you a matter of 5min. The reboots take the longest

Last edited by njkid32; 11-24-2008 at 06:01 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apple iPHONE
Carrier: at&t

tmorris52 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to tmorris52 Send a message via Yahoo to tmorris52

Hey Dette. I was having issues with my camera album. It does not show in the tf2d where you can filick your stylus to view them. Do I have to do something to the registry? I installed a seperate one and I can't find where it installed. It's really wierd. Thanks for your time. Also I use windows live to get my contacts. When using your rom or even vette's I can never save new contacts to my windows live. It always freezes. Thanks for your time again.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TreoPro
Carrier: Sprint

sweethip is a n00b

Anyone have issues with there data connection working after updating? I also installed the cab file on the 1st page for sprint. Any ideas?
Old 11-24-2008, 06:18 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkid32 View Post
It was actually pretty easy. Just read this thread.. I was only able to do the volume, network and start menu icons.

As for the volume/battery all you need to install is-

sdkcerts.cab
Taskbar%20Icons%20v2.cab
darlord_battery_meter_v2_fixed.cab (this cab is for the volume icon as well it wont actually do anything to the battery icon)

For the Black EV and 1X Icons download tapres.192.dll use TC to change your old tapres.96.dll to tapres.96.dll.bak then using TC place the downloaded copy into /windows, next soft reset and you can go back in and delete the .bak one. The dll that you dl is really for the Diamond or TP. So it has the 192 in it. I just change the 192 to 96 and it worked just fine.

The start menu was pretty easy as well. The directions were quite clear in this thread.

Install Icone demarrer.cab its attached to the first post in that thread. Also download the start menu icons here.

After you choose the menu icon you want to use copy it using totalcommander. Then go into your windows folder and find shellres.96.dll.0409.mui. Rename that file to shellres.96.dll.0409.mui.bak. Then just paste the new file in the windows folder. Soft reset and your done.

This whole thing will take you a matter of 5min. The reboots take the longest
Thanks man

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmorris52 View Post
Hey Dette. I was having issues with my camera album. It does not show in the tf2d where you can filick your stylus to view them. Do I have to do something to the registry? I installed a seperate one and I can't find where it installed. It's really wierd. Thanks for your time. Also I use windows live to get my contacts. When using your rom or even vette's I can never save new contacts to my windows live. It always freezes. Thanks for your time again.
Make sure the album is set to "All"
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweethip View Post
Anyone have issues with there data connection working after updating? I also installed the cab file on the 1st page for sprint. Any ideas?
I dont believe so.. I am not.. If you installed the correct cab it should be fine
Old 11-24-2008, 06:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Sprint

xfr3386 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dette View Post
Well idk what (camera+end+reset) is exactly.. lol I have never heard of that combo...
Just apply the edit.. wait 3 minutes.. and turn the phone off like normal and then turn it back on
You can do a soft reset by holding the camera and end buttons and then click on the tiny reset button on the bottom of the phone.

I hate to bring this back up but I'm still without a services tab, and it's perplexing to me.

I decided to start from scratch and re-flashed using your latest 2.3 rom. Prior to doing anything else (other than your customizations) I installed Total Commander, applied the edit, waited 20 minutes, held the power button down until it asked me to power it off and said yes, then started it back up. No services tab.

Can anyone else confirm for me (so I stop thinking i'm crazy) that a fresh flash doesn't have the services tab in Settings->Personal->Phone, and simply changing HKLM\Software\OEM\PhoneSetting\HiddenModeOperation Page to 0 and then powering the device off/on does NOT cause the tab to appear?

Note: If I install the Sprint clean ROM, or the 1.0 Sprint Manilla 2D ROM the services tab is there. How exactly should I install the PPST and DCD files? Just run the two cabs?

Last edited by xfr3386; 11-24-2008 at 07:03 PM.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:03 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfr3386 View Post
You can do a soft reset by holding the camera and end buttons and then click on the tiny reset button on the bottom of the phone.

I hate to bring this back up but I'm still without a services tab, and it's perplexing to me.

I decided to start from scratch and re-flashed using your latest 2.3 rom. Prior to doing anything else (other than your customizations) I installed Total Commander, applied the edit, waited 20 minutes, held the power button down until it asked me to power it off and said yes, then started it back up. No services tab.

Can anyone else confirm for me (so I stop thinking i'm crazy) that a fresh flash doesn't have the services tab in Settings->Personal->Phone, and simply changing HKLM\Software\OEM\PhoneSetting\HiddenModeOperation Page to 0 and then powering the device off/on does NOT cause the tab to appear?

Note: If I install the Sprint clean ROM, or the 1.0 Sprint Manilla 2D ROM the services tab is there. How exactly should I install the PPST and DCD files? Just run the two cabs?
yes run the cabs

but thats really weird! just wait until 2.4 i guess
Old 11-25-2008, 12:20 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Here guys I posted a video about v2.4!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxfhZnBbxhs
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development