PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2008, 02:31 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone, HTC Touch
Carrier: AT&T - Formerly Sprint
Threadstarter

dette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to dette
Re: UPDATE-11/03/2008 Dette 2D v2.3 Diamond Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by losar View Post
I am trying to install dette 2d rom, I keep getting error 262. I jut got touch. Does it have to be unlocked before I can install rom..

Thanks
Yes you do.. Go to the Vogue section and get the 2.31 unlocker
Quote:
Originally Posted by slmclarengt View Post
I tried to download/find it, but when I did find it, I got an error while installing. Mind sending me/us the jar/jad file(s) you use because I would love Push e-mail that notifies me.

UPDATE: I found MobileEmailSetup.cab on the internet (Sprint Mobile Email) and Touch Push Mail so if anyone wants them, let me know and I'll attach them.
This ROM is awesome but it definitely does have a lot of stuff I do not need installed. Anyway to clear some stuff out?

Slmclarengt
Yep I love Sprint Mobile Email.. Great app.. I am planning on a clean ROM.. But there isnt really any way of cleaning out the programs.. You can delete the stuff you dont want in Program Files and the shortcuts in Windows\Start Menu\Programs
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3Jorge View Post
hmmm that is quite strange.... I have been using it for a few days with no change in battery life... try a ROM with the 2nd release of the kitched I just uploaded and let me know if you still see battery life issues...
Alright I will

MY WEBSITE!
ProTek!

HTC Touch/Vogue
Radio: 3.42.30 - Vogue
HTC Touch ROM: Dette 2D v2.4 Diamond Edition Beta 1
IF SOMEONE HELPED YOU PLEASE PRESS THE BUTTON!
PM Me if you need help! I will give it to the best of my ability!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon 4G (MoPho)
Carrier: Sprint

slmclarengt is just getting started

Man Dette, you are awesome. I am a programmer by trade (kind of, don't enjoy it much, but I do it freelance) so if you need some basic help, let me know.

Would hard resetting the device then soft resetting as the customizations are begun stop all the programs from installing? I really like a large amount of them but several of them are definitely wasting my clock cycles and space.

Would it be possible to get Weather data for the city of Pullman, WA? Yes... I know, it's in the middle of nowhere; thanks for reminding me I go to school with more cows than people hehe jk.

There are arguably TOO many features for me to get my head around in a matter of a couple hours. It is an f-ing amazing ROM though now that I've worked out the primary kinks. I just remembered one more weird issue; it seems the phone 'wakes up' randomly though it displays nothing urgent/useful; it just 'wakes up' unnecessarily it seems. Maybe a couple minutes between each instance.

Slmclarengt

P.S. I like being a test bunny, too if you want me to look at some ROMs unless I say otherwise (like if I finally get EVERYTHING worked out and you suddenly need a tester, lol).
Old 11-15-2008, 04:33 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

dette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Man Dette, you are awesome. I am a programmer by trade (kind of, don't enjoy it much, but I do it freelance) so if you need some basic help, let me know.

Would hard resetting the device then soft resetting as the customizations are begun stop all the programs from installing? I really like a large amount of them but several of them are definitely wasting my clock cycles and space.

Would it be possible to get Weather data for the city of Pullman, WA? Yes... I know, it's in the middle of nowhere; thanks for reminding me I go to school with more cows than people hehe jk.

There are arguably TOO many features for me to get my head around in a matter of a couple hours. It is an f-ing amazing ROM though now that I've worked out the primary kinks. I just remembered one more weird issue; it seems the phone 'wakes up' randomly though it displays nothing urgent/useful; it just 'wakes up' unnecessarily it seems. Maybe a couple minutes between each instance.

Slmclarengt

P.S. I like being a test bunny, too if you want me to look at some ROMs unless I say otherwise (like if I finally get EVERYTHING worked out and you suddenly need a tester, lol).
Nice alright I will definitely let you know if I need help! With testing or whatever.. Thank you for offering..

Ok about customizations.. No that will not work.. All customizations do is install Opera and some registry edits I made that have to be installed after the flash... I am planning on making the next release a lot cleaner
Old 11-15-2008, 11:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

losar is a n00b

Another question guys I just installed dettes rom..How can you force touch in to roaming only. Where I live I have very bad sprint signal.

Thanks
Old 11-15-2008, 11:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch

Mafamaticks is just getting started

Sprint Users with the phone not answering: Did y'all run the PRI Update?

I reflashed the new radio and the rom and I haven't run the update yet. So far I haven't had the dialer mess up on me yet.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch (Vogue)
Carrier: T-Mobile

sarumont is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafamaticks View Post

I reflashed the new radio and the rom and I haven't run the update yet. So far I haven't had the dialer mess up on me yet.
I don't remember manually running the PRI update.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch

Mafamaticks is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarumont View Post
I don't remember manually running the PRI update.
I'll let y'all know if it happens to me. So far so good though.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

superx10 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to superx10

Anyone else having to set album favorites again from Photos and Videos screen after restart?
Old 11-15-2008, 03:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon 4G (MoPho)

slmclarengt is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by losar View Post
Another question guys I just installed dettes rom..How can you force touch in to roaming only. Where I live I have very bad sprint signal.

Thanks
Good question; it seems this ROM removed all the option in Start > Settings > Phone which is strange because there was some useful stuff there. I'm not sure how to do it now but perhaps Dette can enlighten us.

I'm very tempted to OC my processor to 624Mhz but don't want to risk damaging it :-\. I really want to know if other people have the same touchscreen problem I have; It does not seem like my touchscreen is properly aligned and when I try to align screen (software), it doesn't make a difference; some presses just do nothing or register on ANOTHER part of the screen.

I, like others (I think), am having problems answering phone calls using S2A. When a call comes in, I immediately slide the bar to answer but it does not answer. In a matter of seconds, the bar slides back to the middle as if the call was never answered (which it wasn't), so I frantically slide it AGAIN. It doesn't answer again, so I slide it a 3rd time; it finally picks up. This is of utmost importance to me obviously because the device is intended as a PHONE and if the PHONE features don't work, I don't see the point :-\.

Slmclarengt

Last edited by slmclarengt; 11-15-2008 at 05:02 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:47 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafamaticks View Post

Me neither.. I did not run the PRI update either
Quote:
Originally Posted by superx10 View Post
Anyone else having to set album favorites again from Photos and Videos screen after restart?
Nope not me
Quote:
Good question; it seems this ROM removed all the option in Start > Settings > Phone which is strange because there was some useful stuff there. I'm not sure how to do it now but perhaps Dette can enlighten us.

I'm very tempted to OC my processor to 624Mhz but don't want to risk damaging it :-\. I really want to know if other people have the same touchscreen problem I have; It does not seem like my touchscreen is properly aligned and when I try to align screen (software), it doesn't make a difference; some presses just do nothing or register on ANOTHER part of the screen.

I, like others (I think), am having problems answering phone calls using S2A. When a call comes in, I immediately slide the bar to answer but it does not answer. In a matter of seconds, the bar slides back to the middle as if the call was never answered (which it wasn't), so I frantically slide it AGAIN. It doesn't answer again, so I slide it a 3rd time; it finally picks up. This is of utmost importance to me obviously because the device is intended as a PHONE and if the PHONE features don't work, I don't see the point :-\.

Slmclarengt
I have never forced my Touch to ROAM only on any ROM.. Dunno how its done even haha..

Dont use S2A to answer calls
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development