PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2008, 12:06 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
Re: NEW official Sprint ROM posted on XDA-dev by DCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchman71 View Post
Same issues here... How do I go back to the early leaked one? So much for beta testing this thing. Maybe that's why the new version hasn't been officially released...
I believe you can just run the exe to go back, but I'm not 100% sure, and since the radio is different its probably not recommended.

Here's a better description of what I've noticed and what I've tried:

I'm having GPS issues, but I know its not related to this ROM. It worked flawlessly for me everytime with the unofficial leaked ROM with the 2.03 PRI and whatever PRL it used (60612 I think).

After upgrading to the "official" leaked ROM, with PRI 2.04 and the 60613 PRL, my GPS worked fine for a while, then it quit. Sometimes I can get it to lock after a soft reset and sometimes it doesn't seem to do anything. So I changed to this ROM and the problem is still there. I installed the PPST 2.03 cab and ran the PPST making my PRI go back to 2.03 and it doesn't seem to have helped anything. The only thing I haven't tried yet is to go back to the 60612 PRL, but I'm not really sure that affects GPS.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Alltel

armus is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

i've downgraded usccessfully many times to the official alltel rom or the leaked rom. I wouldn't go below v3 radios though
Old 07-08-2008, 03:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Desire (Telstra) / at&t Nexus One
Carrier: at&t

cortez is becoming a great contributor

i was considering cooking my own GPS based ROM, but now i'm having second thoughts based on some of the GPS issues i've been reading about in this thread. i'm curious to know of those with inconsistent GPS peformance, are you using custom ROMS (e.g., cooked in a Kitchen) or the recently leaked stock ROM? i flashed my Touch with the recently leaked ROM (just one time and without a hard-reset) and i have not had any GPS issues.

i'm using Garmin XT, iGo 8 and CoPilot 7 and they've worked every time i've used them for navigation. all three apps were loaded/installed on my micoSD card and used with a GPS puck before I installed a GPS-enabled ROM. (this method allows me to use the sat-nav programs without having to reinstall with every ROM flash.) for iGo 8, i'm using a shortcut that launches AstroLauncher and then iGo. once it starts i have an almost instantaneous satellite lock. Garmin XT and CoPilot will initiate the GPS (read: i do not need astrolauncher) but usually take 15-30 seconds before i get satellite locks. at this point i think i'll stick with the stock ROM vs. pushing my luck with a cooked ROM.

Last edited by cortez; 07-08-2008 at 03:41 PM.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:40 PM
Lurker

huy30 is a n00b

With this ROM, my gps work flawlessly so far. It get a lock in 10-15 seconds everytime when use Live Search or Google Map. I dont have to use any other sw to activate the gps first either. Just open Live Search or Google Map and use it. Google Map shows that it locks on 7-9 satelites all the time. With previous leaked ROM, the max i see it locks is 3 satelites...also it take a long time for the gps to lock on.

Also, with this ROM, I get satelites fixed in cloudy/rainy weather. I could not get a fixed in this condition with previous ROM.

So GPS is rock now.

I have not test the other features yet.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:58 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

with this "stock" ROM gps is very quick and works well. i think a lot of people are running into problems trying to use customer ROMs on top of the new radio/PRL. Thats what you get with custom ROMs for a tiny bit of speed, bugs and errors at points
Old 07-08-2008, 04:17 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Mine went from 'stock' out of the box, to this 'official' release and mine is flawless. i got my five tab, my hhc, my s2u2, and an incredible wad going with no problems. not even when tethering to my MacBook.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PRE & Touch PRO2, but now Evo

dutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 View Post
with this "stock" ROM gps is very quick and works well. i think a lot of people are running into problems trying to use customer ROMs on top of the new radio/PRL. Thats what you get with custom ROMs for a tiny bit of speed, bugs and errors at points
Sorry, mine is stock.... Your theory doesn't apply...
Old 07-08-2008, 09:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch

raiderfan is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney60 View Post
I just noticed the filter problem went away after I restored a stock backup (pre leaked rom) that had all calls shown from the gitgo. Now even though all calls are missed ones (I had deleted all calls cuz they were all from May), the "show all calls" still checked in the filter menu.

Is there a fix for those of us who don't have a backup to go to? perhaps a registry hack?
Old 07-08-2008, 10:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic (Galaxy S)

MakeMoves is a n00b

i had the original rom that came with the phone, then this 'official rom'

gps works fine except the blue dot jumps around sometimes (doesnt stay put)
with in 20 ft or so.

the only problem i have is with spb pocket plus which freezes a lot on soft reset.

Also with the old rom it used to dial the wrong number a lot (not the number i dialed even when i tried several times in a row sometimes) that was annoying and went away after the upgrade. (and the message sent popup is no longer there)
Old 07-08-2008, 11:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch by HTCâ„¢
Carrier: Sprint PCS

PeterDLai is a n00b

I just noticed something strange/different with this ROM and I'm not sure if it's just me or not (I tried searching this thread for this particular issue but could not come up with anything).

When changing the volume of phone's speaker to the maximum volume, I remember that it beeped a very high pitched sound, but now it's silent. The second highest volume is a lower pitched sound, and then it keeps the same pitch but gets quieter as volume is decreased. I do not remember if the lowest two volume settings made a beep noise before but they're also silent as well.

Anyone experiencing this? Or did something happen to my phone's speaker?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development