PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2008, 03:42 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Custom OEM Requests ...Get them here! Updated: 8/19/08

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
Sprint still knows you're tethering even with PDANET? How are you so sure that sprint actually knows?
According to the folks at the sprint campus in the business department. I asked why they added PAM to my bill, and I them tell me that they know I tethering and it's to keep the new billing system happy. So while at the time I had several registry edits, and using pdanet, I couldn't hide. It's just a matter of when sprint will wake up and decide to charge customers. If it comes, it will be something industry wide. But for now, tethering is still new to sprint, but as it becomes more popular and starts bogging down networks... It's difficult to get up to 4 gigs just googling stuff and checking e-mail. This sort of dabbles in the right spots on our end, but think of the monster billing system on the other we can't influence...

And I'm on a 3rd party plan so it doesn't cost me anymore...And I still use pdanet cause it's paid for, and auto-connects when I plugin.

Old 08-20-2008, 03:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO, 2x TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: SPRINT

rose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to rose1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
According to the folks at the sprint campus in the business department. I asked why they added PAM to my bill, and I them tell me that they know I tethering and it's to keep the new billing system happy. So while at the time I had several registry edits, and using pdanet, I couldn't hide. It's just a matter of when sprint will wake up and decide to charge customers. If it comes, it will be something industry wide. But for now, tethering is still new to sprint, but as it becomes more popular and starts bogging down networks... It's difficult to get up to 4 gigs just googling stuff and checking e-mail. This sort of dabbles in the right spots on our end, but think of the monster billing system on the other we can't influence...

And I'm on a 3rd party plan so it doesn't cost me anymore...And I still use pdanet cause it's paid for, and auto-connects when I plugin.
Cool, I think I'll just start using pdanet
Old 08-20-2008, 03:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

rolandroland is keeping up the good workrolandroland is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Yep, as soon as I get off....

I might as well release a couple skins with each skinable app I do....
Sounds good. I didn't think to ask as I figured that would be asking too much.

Thanks again.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: Alltel

oneders65 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Custom OEM Requests ...Get them here! Updated: 8/17/08

Quote:
Added:

OEM_PocketSportsCenter_1_8..............Pocket Sports Center v1.8 (w/today plugin)

OEM_SetVolume0_4b3........................Diamond Volume Controller v4b3

OEM_SiriusWM5.................................Sirius for WM5 (Requires login)

OEM_StopWatch_WM6........................StopWatch v1.3 for WM6

** SJ_SamsungOmnia_JBlend_20080605...Samsung 3D Drivers

**Read My Notes below on the following:
I do not recommend using drivers from other devices. After testing I found that THERE ARE NO SIGNIFICANT IMPROVEMENTS TO YOUR DEVICE. (read gguru's comments) I found the same with the Diamond video drivers. All placebo...

It is possible to damage your device using drivers from other devices!!!

An example to clarify: I have only seen damage using nueaudio, (which was made for the Titan). The damage is caused by increasing the values in audiopara.csv to values beyond the specifications of the vogue hardware (not suited for the vougue). This may cause the device to amplify the volume to the speaker more than it could handle and cause it to blow...I blew mine this way. (SSSSHHHHH! Yeah, so don't tell anyone! I was a noob once too! )
Thanks for Doing this cabs as oems. I would like to ask you to do one more for me (FtouchSL cab. v2.5 or v2.7). I want to cook this weekend and try to get a good base flashed. A phone is not a kick ars phone unless it has kenetic scrolling....
Attached Files
File Type: zip FTouchSL_2[1].5.zip (200.5 KB, 1 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip FtouchSL2.[1].7.zip (275.7 KB, 5 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by oneders65; 08-24-2008 at 07:27 AM.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:47 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneders65 View Post
Thanks for Doing this cabs as oems. I would like to ask you to do one more for me (FtouchSL cab. v2.5 or v2.7). I want to cook this weekend and try to get a good base flashed. A phone is not a kick ars phone unless it has kenetic scrolling....
So the cab works on your phone? I was concerned because it didn't create any registry entries..... Do you have the link to those so I can research a little? I've done the oem, just haven't uploaded because of the registry issues...
Old 08-20-2008, 09:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
So the cab works on your phone? I was concerned because it didn't create any registry entries..... Do you have the link to those so I can research a little? I've done the oem, just haven't uploaded because of the registry issues...
Here you go...

I have 2.5 working on my phone.

http://www.ftouchsl.com/
Old 08-20-2008, 10:48 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint TP; XV6900 before; XV6700 first
Carrier: was Verizon, now saving on Sprint

fredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stuff

s2v isn't showing up under programs, and while the .exe and .lnk s2v files are in the windows directory, when I clicked on the s2v.exe, the program isn't working right - I got a black screen. I had flashed with the new mega s2 oem; haven't had a chance to try the stand alones.

Last edited by fredcatsmommy; 08-20-2008 at 10:55 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:46 AM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
Can you also make an oem of this nice weather app? Here's the link to it

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/get-...le-v1-0-8.html

I like this because it does not use up any of the memory unless opened unlike weatherpanel which runs all the time. Thanks
Are you one of them TV Weather people? Lol... Attached is WeatherWatcherMobile....Set to Raleigh, NC. Just update after flash...

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneders65 View Post
Here you go...

I have 2.5 working on my phone.

http://www.ftouchsl.com/
Here's that...I flashed and it tested, I'm just not familiar with the program. So more testing is necessary by a ftouchsl pro...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredcatsmommy View Post
s2v isn't showing up under programs, and while the .exe and .lnk s2v files are in the windows directory, when I clicked on the s2v.exe, the program isn't working right - I got a black screen. I had flashed with the new mega s2 oem; haven't had a chance to try the stand alones.
It keeps closing on me. I'll check A_C's thread and see if there are any issues....I'm still working on this one...

OEM_FTouchSL_2_7..........................FTouchSL v2.7

OEM_WeatherWatcherMob_v1.08.........Weather Watcher Mobile v1.08 (Set to Raleigh, NC)

** OEM_DH_Internet_Sharing_Hack.......dharveys Internet Sharing Hack

** Use at your own risk, this is by request. If you use this, it's your choice! THINK about it and do the math...An average rom download is 87,000 kilobytes...@ $0.05 per kilobyte...That's $4,350.00!!! It's your pocketbook...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:21 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint TP; XV6900 before; XV6700 first
Carrier: was Verizon, now saving on Sprint

fredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stuff

Quote:

It keeps closing on me. I'll check A_C's thread and see if there are any issues....I'm still working on this one...
have you tried flashing without the megapack, with the individual oems? I'll try to do that this morning before I leave for work, to see if maybe the problem is in the megapack.

EDIT: Ok, I installed the s2 series from the individual oems, and all is well that way. S2V shows up under programs, and works fine for me. I don't have time this morning to compare the oems (not that I'd necessarily know what I'd be looking at or for), so I'll leave that to more qualified folks.

Last edited by fredcatsmommy; 08-21-2008 at 07:06 AM.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Are you one of them TV Weather people? Lol... Attached is WeatherWatcherMobile....Set to Raleigh, NC. Just update after flash...

Here's that...I flashed and it tested, I'm just not familiar with the program. So more testing is necessary by a ftouchsl pro...

OEM_FTouchSL_2_7..........................FTouchSL v2.7

OEM_WeatherWatcherMob_v1.08.........Weather Watcher Mobile v1.08 (Set to Raleigh, NC)

** OEM_DH_Internet_Sharing_Hack.......dharveys Internet Sharing Hack

** Use at your own risk, this is by request. If you use this, it's your choice! THINK about it and do the math...An average rom download is 87,000 kilobytes...@ $0.05 per kilobyte...That's $4,350.00!!! It's your pocketbook...
Thanks. Will try to get back with results as soon...

What is the process to update with oems after DCD's Rom is alteady on my device?

1. Bootload Mode
2. flash DCD's Rom
3. Flash DCD's Kitchen at (tapScreen)

Do I have to do steps 1-3 every time I want to update the ROM or do I do 1 and 3.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development