View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 03:42 PM
rstoyguy
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Custom OEM Requests ...Get them here! Updated: 8/19/08

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
Sprint still knows you're tethering even with PDANET? How are you so sure that sprint actually knows?
According to the folks at the sprint campus in the business department. I asked why they added PAM to my bill, and I them tell me that they know I tethering and it's to keep the new billing system happy. So while at the time I had several registry edits, and using pdanet, I couldn't hide. It's just a matter of when sprint will wake up and decide to charge customers. If it comes, it will be something industry wide. But for now, tethering is still new to sprint, but as it becomes more popular and starts bogging down networks... It's difficult to get up to 4 gigs just googling stuff and checking e-mail. This sort of dabbles in the right spots on our end, but think of the monster billing system on the other we can't influence...

And I'm on a 3rd party plan so it doesn't cost me anymore...And I still use pdanet cause it's paid for, and auto-connects when I plugin.