PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2008, 11:12 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint TP; XV6900 before; XV6700 first
Carrier: was Verizon, now saving on Sprint

fredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Custom OEM Requests ...Get them here! Updated: 8/13/08

S2U2 1.18 - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=412418. Not sure if it's worth the trouble of again redoing the mega pack. Here's the change log posted on xda:

Changes of v1.18
- rewrote the show appointments code which fixed some bugs & requires lesser CPU time.
- further optimized the screen rendering speed.
- when the S2P control is activated, appointments info will be temporarily hidden.
- removed the lock when S2P (or other music app) blanks the screen.
- added option to disable the unread count of MMS.
- upgraded some graphics (but still not all) to true VGA for the VGA version.
- some minor bugs fixed.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:22 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
updated pRSS Reader pRSSreader to current version and made a couple of tiny changes

ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/boggs...r-1_4_1b30.zip

... and looking for some more help with elecont weather ... has a home plugin that is great ... is commercial software that works for three days before it requires a license $9.95 @ mobihand

http://www.elecont.com/pocket/Elecon...er_c.ARMv4.CAB

Best regards,
-boggsie
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredcatsmommy View Post
S2U2 1.18 - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=412418. Not sure if it's worth the trouble of again redoing the mega pack. Here's the change log posted on xda:

Changes of v1.18
- rewrote the show appointments code which fixed some bugs & requires lesser CPU time.
- when the S2P control is activated, appointments info will be temporarily hidden.
- some minor bugs fixed.
I can get to these either saturday night or sunday morning...

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO(AT&T Fuze)
Carrier: T-Mobile Pre-Paid

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisith View Post
Hey DHarvey, using your A_C megapack I keep getting the "this function only valid in win32 mode" whenever I try to run slide to play
It's your registry. You need to make the following changes:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\ Skins]
"OCXSkin"="\\Windows\\wmp_touch_WPC_Player_Portrai t.skn"

"DefaultLandscapeSkin"="\\Windows\\wmp_touch_WPC_P layer_Landscape.skn"

"DefaultPortraitSkin"="\\Windows\\wmp_touch_WPC_Pl ayer_Portrait.skn"
"LastPortraitSkin"="\\Program Files\\Windows Media Player\\portrait-htc-touch.skn"
"LastLandscapeSkin"="\\Program Files\\Windows Media Player\\landscape-htc-touch.skn"

One of those registry entries HAS to be screwed up and that is why you are getting the error.

From my understanding, OCXSkin needs to be the same as DefaultPortraitSkin

There is nothing wrong with my OEM. There is something wrong with your WMP skin OEM.

Old 08-14-2008, 12:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO(AT&T Fuze)
Carrier: T-Mobile Pre-Paid

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredcatsmommy View Post

Changes of v1.18
- some minor bugs fixed.
When does that guy sleep...

I will look at it tonight.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

Peteman100 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHarvey View Post
When does that guy sleep...

I will look at it tonight.
I have a question for you, DHarvey. I am trying to make an OEM of the stock S2U2 CAB. However, even though I am putting the files in their proper places, I get errors that S2U2 isn't working on startup. Is there something special you do to make it work as an OEM besides fix the file locations?
Old 08-14-2008, 08:51 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Hot off the Presses:

OEM_S2U2_S2V_S2P_Megapack_v1.18 updated 8/14/2008
Includes the following 3 Apps from A_C:
--- Slide 2 View v0.38
--- Slide 2 Unlock 2 v1.18
--- Slide 2 Play v0.40
-- Updated S2U2 to v1.18
-- Restored Stock Graphics/registry entries (customize your own!)
-- Added \program files\s2u2\s2u2-vc.lnk
-- Added \windows\Start Menu\Programs\Slide2 Series\Advanced
----- Added shortcuts for "iLock2 -refresh" "iLock2 -slide" "iLock2 -reset" "iLock2 -nomsg"

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_C
Command Switch of iLock2:
iLock2.exe accepts the following command switches:
-slide to start/invoke S2U2
-nomsg to not to show any message even it closes itself & S2U2
-refresh to reload the registry settings & restart S2U2
-reset to reset the unread counts of SMS, MMS, email & vmail

Volume Control shortcut
If you need to manually map a key to invoke the new Volume Control, extract the S2U2-VC.LNK & transfer it to your device's \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\S2U2 (for Non-English device, it varies), then use any key mapping software (some devices have it come along) to map this S2U2-VC to your preferred key.

Last edited by rstoyguy; 08-14-2008 at 08:55 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:42 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie
... and looking for some more help with elecont weather ... has a home plugin that is great ... is commercial software that works for three days before it requires a license $9.95 @ mobihand

http://www.elecont.com/pocket/Elecon...er_c.ARMv4.CAB

Give this a try boggsie... In the RGU I marked the key to export once you get it set up with your city/connection so you can just flash it once you replace the data....

Set to Wichita, KS and untested...nice animations and small today screen footprint...
Attached Files
File Type: zip ElecontWeather_c_ARMv4.zip (1.49 MB, 5 views) Click for barcode!
Old 08-14-2008, 10:10 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
Give this a try boggsie... In the RGU I marked the key to export once you get it set up with your city/connection so you can just flash it once you replace the data....

Set to Wichita, KS and untested...nice animations and small today screen footprint...
I really, really appreciate the quick reply.

Elecont is a great home plugin for me ... I like to keep lots of small widgets stacked up on my home screen ... don't use touchflo/biotouch or the cube.

I used no2chem's package installer ... I just wanted to try this quickly. I presume it works through all of the items as if the package were cooked into the rom.

Initially there wasn't a home-plugin. I cab'd up the following and installed to get that setup.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<wap-provisioningdoc>
  <characteristic type="Registry">
    <characteristic type="HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\&quot;ElecontWeather&quot;" translation="filesystem">
      <parm name="Flags" datatype="integer" value="0" />
      <parm name="Enabled" datatype="integer" value="1" />
      <parm name="DLL" datatype="string" value="\Windows\ElecontWeather\ElecontWeatherPocket.dll" />
      <parm name="Order" datatype="integer" value="4" />
      <parm name="Selectability" datatype="integer" value="2" />
      <parm name="Options" datatype="integer" value="1" />
      <parm name="Type" datatype="integer" value="4" />
    </characteristic>
  </characteristic>
</wap-provisioningdoc>
When the home screen refreshed, it had an error where elecont should have been. "Error 2: please reinstall elecont weather"

I thought that executing the application might do something to initialize things further ... tried that and received an error "invalid class string"

Best regards,
-boggsie

PS: I wonder if it is internally hard-coded to "Elecont Weather" as opposed to Elecont Weather ?
Old 08-14-2008, 10:30 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
I really, really appreciate the quick reply.

Elecont is a great home plugin for me ... I like to keep lots of small widgets stacked up on my home screen ... don't use touchflo/biotouch or the cube.

I used no2chem's package installer ... I just wanted to try this quickly. I presume it works through all of the items as if the package were cooked into the rom.

Initially there wasn't a home-plugin. I cab'd up the following and installed to get that setup.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<wap-provisioningdoc>
  <characteristic type="Registry">
    <characteristic type="HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\&quot;ElecontWeather&quot;" translation="filesystem">
      <parm name="Flags" datatype="integer" value="0" />
      <parm name="Enabled" datatype="integer" value="1" />
      <parm name="DLL" datatype="string" value="\Windows\ElecontWeather\ElecontWeatherPocket.dll" />
      <parm name="Order" datatype="integer" value="4" />
      <parm name="Selectability" datatype="integer" value="2" />
      <parm name="Options" datatype="integer" value="1" />
      <parm name="Type" datatype="integer" value="4" />
    </characteristic>
  </characteristic>
</wap-provisioningdoc>
When the home screen refreshed, it had an error where elecont should have been. "Error 2: please reinstall elecont weather"

I thought that executing the application might do something to initialize things further ... tried that and received an error "invalid class string"

Best regards,
-boggsie

PS: I wonder if it is internally hard-coded to "Elecont Weather" as opposed to Elecont Weather ?
I can test it in the morning to see what it is doing exactly...
Old 08-14-2008, 10:36 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

boggsie, you might want to add the two blank lines at the bottom of the RGU file... How did I miss that?????

Edit: and I'm flashing now for quality control purposes. Don't want me name on a bogus OEM...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development