PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2008, 11:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

Peteman100 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Custom OEM Requests ...Get them here! Updated: 8/13/08

Hey rstoyguy. Can your Touchpal OEM be activated if we have a registration number? Or has that been somehow deactivated?
Old 08-14-2008, 11:20 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peteman100 View Post
Hey rstoyguy. Can your Touchpal OEM be activated if we have a registration number? Or has that been somehow deactivated?
I don't have a valid number, but yes, you can go into the keyboard options and enter a code. That was a problem I ran into with another OEM, so I made my own...Wanna Test it?

Edit: If you are having trouble getting there, open your keyboard, click the arrow to the right, go up to options. Then minimize touchpal to reveal the activate button, click that, then enter your code...

Last edited by rstoyguy; 08-14-2008 at 11:23 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
I don't have a valid number, but yes, you can go into the keyboard options and enter a code. That was a problem I ran into with another OEM, so I made my own...Wanna Test it?

Edit: If you are having trouble getting there, open your keyboard, click the arrow to the right, go up to options. Then minimize touchpal to reveal the activate button, click that, then enter your code...
Wow! I've activated Touchpal before but I don't remember it ever being this hard... I finally got it though, thanks to your help. And yes, I would be happy to help you test an OEM for you!
Old 08-14-2008, 11:47 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
I really, really appreciate the quick reply.

Elecont is a great home plugin for me ... I like to keep lots of small widgets stacked up on my home screen ... don't use touchflo/biotouch or the cube.
Talk about sloppy...This one I'll have to revisit. I have never seen such extensive use of CLID's and what not. But I'll have to look at it later and examine it closer....The EweatherService they use is a HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT registry nightmare!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:48 AM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Quote:
Talk about sloppy...This one I'll have to revisit. I have never seen such extensive use of CLID's and what not. But I'll have to look at it later and examine it closer....The EweatherService they use is a HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT registry nightmare!
Wow! What a learning experience...CLSID's embedded in CLSID's...But a good 4 hour nap I was able to tackle it and get it working. It snagged the weather almost before my today screen loaded up!

OEM_ElecontWeather_c_ARMv4............................Elecont Weather v1.0.723 Today Screen Plugin

Last edited by rstoyguy; 08-15-2008 at 08:58 AM.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:10 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint TP; XV6900 before; XV6700 first
Carrier: was Verizon, now saving on Sprint

fredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stuff

rstoyguy- wanted to give you a heads up (you probably don't need it but just in case this is helpful). A_C released S2P .50 today (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=417511), so I thought maybe if I just copy over the new s2p.exe ... well, all I've managed to do is screw up what I had. I guess with adding the "flow" it changed how things work, cause now the album art doesn't change though I can play different songs. Don't know if this information will be helpful to you if you update the megapack, but thought I'd pass it on.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:37 AM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredcatsmommy View Post
rstoyguy- wanted to give you a heads up (you probably don't need it but just in case this is helpful). A_C released S2P .50 today (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=417511), so I thought maybe if I just copy over the new s2p.exe ... well, all I've managed to do is screw up what I had. I guess with adding the "flow" it changed how things work, cause now the album art doesn't change though I can play different songs. Don't know if this information will be helpful to you if you update the megapack, but thought I'd pass it on.
Thanks, I think my latest A_C megapack is a little messed up. I'll update that as well. The problem is some blank registry settings as I tried to strip my customizations out. I'm gonna re-test this morning.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:09 AM
Almost a VIP

fredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stuff

Quote:
Thanks, I think my latest A_C megapack is a little messed up. I'll update that as well. The problem is some blank registry settings as I tried to strip my customizations out. I'm gonna re-test this morning.
Just saw the following posted at xda under the s2p .50 thread:

Quote:
All my songs show the same album art, which comes from the first song in the folder. All my music files are under a folder called "My Music". The files are not subdivided into folders for each album. In version 0.40 when I changed to a song from a different album/artist, the album art changed to show the correct album art. This is not happening in this new version.
This was the same problem I was having, which wasn't an issue with s2p .40.

EDIT***: no bug in S2P .50; you just have to change a registry setting in HKCU\Software\A_C\S2P\AlwaysLoadEmbedAlbumPic -- from 0 to 1 -- if you have your album art embedded and your music in one folder. Then it's good to go!

Last edited by fredcatsmommy; 08-15-2008 at 10:25 AM.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:21 AM
Almost a VIP

I've not tried the OEMizer at home yet so I don't know if that'll work, but there is a new version of Resco Keyboard, v.5.10. (just released a couple of days ago - http://www.resco.net/pocketpc/keyboard/default.asp). I think the oem currently available has version 5.01.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Seems your S2U2 version 1.18 on the front page is having some issues too. A shortcut wasn't placed in the startup folder, and when i tried to open it manually it popped an error.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development