PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2008, 01:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch - STOCK Bell Rom w/GPS, Torx IPhone Theme
Carrier: Bell

thracky is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's WM6.1 Custom Touch ROM w/ UC, GPS, REV A!

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdude View Post
Thanks ..As much as i had read i was confused as to where the radio update came in but you make it clear it comes in the form of the altel rom....After that I assume we can use any flavour of cooked rom ? I really want TOM TOM as i have it on my treo but it is palm based. I will give it a shot when i get home from work tonight.. Bell will never "give" this to us and it is a must have with this phone.. I been using my BT GPS since day one and would love to cut that out of the whole equation....

Avdude
After doing a bunch of reading I would maybe recommend that you try the latest leaked sprint rom which will update your radio to 3.37.15 which apparently is a tad more reliable with the GPS. From there, again you can use OMJ's rom or any other cooked GPS/RevA ROM. Personally I'm going to cook my own with ppckitchen so I have a bit more flexibility with the customization.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch/Vogue - Searching for a working GPS ROM
Carrier: Sprint

truebeliever71 is a n00b

Not sure if this is helpful to any of you but the install process I took was to install the Bell ROM, downgraded the radio to 3.35 and then installed OMJ's v2 ROM. I have GPS Toggle to turn the GPS on and off. I haven't done a reset (hard nor soft) in 9 days and have used the GPS 3 times since without much of a problem. I Toggle the GPS on and wait 10 seconds and then open GPSviewer... Open the GPS (occasionally I have to click on warm or cold boot) and within a minute I have a lock.

I can live with this setup since it's not much different than using an external GPS but........
Old 05-13-2008, 02:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Vogue

calisoldier83 is keeping up the good workcalisoldier83 is keeping up the good work

how do change the audiopara file it says because its inbedded in the rom?
Old 05-13-2008, 02:18 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumb4ever View Post
OMJ, is it possible to show us (me) to change the Sprint Cube (With Sprint Button) to Original HTC Cube ??

I somehow could not find any file name related to that cube stuff in the .ruu

Any guide i could read ? I've read a couple but nothing yet so far.

Thanks
I'm not sure what you're referring to, I dont really use the cube, so I dont know much about it, but I know there are some threads out to customize it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmorris52 View Post
oh yeah before I forget my youtube does not work. It gives me an error sayind unexpected program failure. Please send crash.txt to the developers.
yeah, I suspect it's due to the TCPMP problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanddunejunki View Post
WOW,, just finished reading this ENTIRE thread...... After I flashed this ROM onto my Alltel touch and I gotta say this is the best WM6.1 Rom I have tried so far..

A couple observations.

1st it must be something about the alltell .exe and the 37.10 radio cause through about four different Roms I have NEVER had any GPS problems. I do not get REV. A speeds. My Alltel rep says REV. A is not operational on our towers YET.

2nd The guys an this board are great. almost every problem I have seen on my phone with this new ROM has been solved in the last 46 pages of this thread (so if you are reading this with a problem go back and read the thread some of the problems are answered 5 and 6 times).

3rd I have two carrier specific questions. As I said I am on Allltel and like every other WM6.1 Rom there is no MMS on this. I saw OMJ told a guy that he would get it onto his VRZ ROM but nothing for Alltel can you add this in for us Alltel users???
and can I add the Sprint TV cab into this Rom since it is based on a Sprint OEM???

4th and biggest of all thanks to all you chefs this would not be nearly as fun without you guys and PPCGeeks .......
I was going to add MMS to the carrier specific roms I was working on, but that was b4 the new sprint rom was leaked. I probably wont be creating carrier specific roms, because of lack of time.....what I would suggest is try the ppckitchen, it has the new base sprint rom, seperated carriers, and I know it has MMS. Cook up a rom & test it out.......give me some feedback on what you think in comparing the 2.....if you're unhappy w/ the ppckitch rom, I'll make ya one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickmandude View Post
Is the Music tab on HTC home screen showing up for anybody else?

I can't seem to get it to show.

I get 5 tabs instead of 6.
I assume you loaded the OEM rom? This rom has the stock HTC Home, which only has 4 tabs. My custom rom has the upgraded 6 tab HTC Home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjay0501 View Post
Hi Guys,
I am using this tutorial for upgrading to 3.xx
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=24979
It says if i have 0.40 Coke spl currently not to use 2.31 unlocker directly but to first flash sprint shipped exe which will change the spl to 0.36 and then use 2.31 unlocker.. When I flash sprint shipped exed rom my spl remians the same 0.40 coke.. what do i do now, cos dont want to damage the phone. Thanks
which sprint shipped exe did you run? you should be back to 6.0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmorris52 View Post
I am having trouble with playing youtube with the omj sprint rom. Is anyone else having this issue? I keep getting errors. If that issue could be fixed then I could say thhat this rom is damn near flawless.
I believe it's due to a problem w/ TCPMP, there's suppose to be a newer version @ XDA....if so, it will be updated in v2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evandena View Post
a2k:
Thats exactly what I did, and I still cannot get a lock no matter what I try.
Are you simply opening Google and selecting "use GPS"?
Have you tried using GPS viewer 1st....I always use it b4 a map app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxy View Post
does anyone know how can i use the kitchen from ppckitchen along with the buildos software from there, but what im trying to figure out is how do i incorporate these cabs with the rom, i have about 10 cab files i would like to add to create a little custom rom... can anyone help me out, omj or rstoyguy maybe since u guys are the minds behind many of the projects?
you need to convert the cabs into OEMs....if you list the apps, I may have some, or you can search the forum or ftp..... or convert yourself using OEMPKGCreator. click on the link in my sig called "cook your own custom rom".

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue4shizzle View Post
is this rom now jive talk compatible?
lol, how did i know you'd ask....I have no idea, if u send me the cab, i'll test it for ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iven View Post
htc sprint 6900
after instal OMJ.WM6.1.GPS.OEM.Sprint.NEW dont work - stop on start screen "htc smart mobilite"
help only bootload and other rom
why ?
maybe you have already corrected your problem, but the concensus is to load the oem leaked rom 1st, then load mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djk1 View Post
OMJ everything is running smooth but the email client. I have tried many times to set up my email and it keeps coming back and saying user name or password is incorrect. Yes i have checked my user name and password several times. Yes I have tried to set up different accounts. Any ideas? Anyone else having trouble with outlook?
no problems here, I got outlook push synced w/ exchange + 5 pop3 accounts, all working good......you could try a hard reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymac View Post
Can someone please confirm this for me? Is REV A. meant to be set to "enabled" or "disabled" in the Data Parameters in the EPST phone codes? Thank you so much. I've read conflicting reports. When I "enable" it, I get really fast uploads, but my downloads usually get cut in half.
not really sure, for now I would use whichever one feels better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycats View Post
Well, I used PIE and visited the Skyfire site to download again............this time it worked.
cool, glad ya got it workin....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merciless View Post
OMJ...where did you get the new keyboard? i like that alot
if yer referring to the "full QWERTY" keyboard, that's stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atbcrash View Post
I have a few questions. I just installed OMJ rom with rev a, now for some reason I cannot install PIM backup on my phone. OMJ old non gps rom had pim backup which was great. I am also having a hard time getting a lock on gps. What settings are you using in GPS Viewer and do you run gps viewer before you open google maps? One more question, for some reason whenever I reset my phone, it automatically starts up in pocket informant which is the organizer I use. I cannot find the startup tab where I can stop this. Thanks for all your help.
I'll put PIM back in v2.....com4, 4800.....yes, i run gps viewer 1st, then google.....look in \windows\startup, see if you see an obvious pocket informant file.....delete it.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Vogue

calisoldier83 is keeping up the good workcalisoldier83 is keeping up the good work

I got a lock in a minute with the new radio from the 3.02 rom then installed the new custom ROM. Hopefully no more lockups!
Old 05-13-2008, 02:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Pam Pre'

vader4633 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Man_Jenkins View Post
do not do the below!!! I have lost my radio after running PPST, still working to get it back, it may be unique to my setup, but this is just a warning......when I get it going again, I'll catchup w/ all these posts....
i did this yesterday and now i can not make phone calls. it displays digital roaming. was on the phone with sprint last night for over an hour and ended up going to get a replacement ordered today.

OMJ, did you get yours working yet?

Last edited by vader4633; 05-13-2008 at 02:29 PM.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:31 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vader4633 View Post
i did this yesterday and now i can not make phone calls. it displays digital roaming. was on the phone with sprint last night for over an hour and ended up going to get a replacement ordered today.

OMJ, did you get yours working yet?
check what PRL version you are at?....go to \settings\system\device information....reply with all the info on that page....except your username

yes, I got mine working....had to go back to OEM 6.0 then 2.31 unlocker, then OEM leaked sprint.....still on it matter of fact.....I also has the roaming issue....my PRL was hosed.

Last edited by OMJ; 05-13-2008 at 02:34 PM.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch

nflchiefs is a n00b

Ok newbie here and very confused!

right now Sprint touch OEM rom

1. so i run Coke 2.31 follow steps
2. Then run OMJ's rom exe and thats it?
Old 05-13-2008, 02:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Merciless is a n00b

Quote:

if yer referring to the "full QWERTY" keyboard, that's stock.
really? it's not in the v2 version of your ROM, if this is stock HTC keyboard, i'll look for it...thanks

Drinks, dances and tips at a strip joint -- $500
Entire room service menu (to go) -- $1,000
Seven-year contract -- $10 million
Alabama football -- Price-less
Old 05-13-2008, 02:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Pam Pre'

vader4633 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
check what PRL version you are at?....go to \settings\system\device information....reply with all the info on that page....except your username

yes, I got mine working....had to go back to OEM 6.0 then 2.31 unlocker, then OEM leaked sprint.....still on it matter of fact.....I also has the roaming issue....my PRL was hosed.
I went back to original rom before taking it to service (still on the rom since my replacement will not be here in 3- 5 days).
here's my settings:
rom - 1.12.651
rom date - 09/18/07
radio - 2.13.00
protocol ver - ACAAAAM-4070
hardware - 0001
prl - 05075
pri - 1.33_003
browser - MSIE 6.0
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development