PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2008, 06:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell

crasher is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's WM6.1 Custom Touch ROM w/ UC, GPS, REV A! Updated 5/29/08

Thanks OMJ
Your Rom is flawless. GPS is great, I am using Garmin Mobile Navigator XT without any issues. Lot slower than my cars inbuilt but still works great.
Looking forward for rev2 for Bell, with touchpal, S3 cube, java, and revA.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:38 PM
N00b

ComputerGeek is a n00b
Re: End Button Malfunctioning with Leaked Rom

The red end button on my Touch does not always end calls when pressed. I have to sometimes press it three times to end a phone call. I don't think its a hardware problem, since it works fine when I want to close/exit an application. Any thoughts? The concern started when i started using the leaked rom.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

hieste is a n00b

I'm having a problem with phone reception. I would always get 3-4 bars in and around my house even after upgrading the radio to 3.37 and using OMJ's ROM. Suddenly about one week ago, I have lost almost all reception. Callers can't hear me and calls are frequently dropped. I updated to the newest ROM with no luck. I searched to board, but all I found referred to verizon vogues. Any suggestions?
Old 06-02-2008, 06:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TOUCH

atoy74 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComputerGeek View Post
The red end button on my Touch does not always end calls when pressed. I have to sometimes press it three times to end a phone call. I don't think its a hardware problem, since it works fine when I want to close/exit an application. Any thoughts? The concern started when i started using the leaked rom.
Same with me. When I first got my Touch with OEM ROM it did this as well. I got used to hitting the end button 3 times every time.

Maybe it's a Sprint thing.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:59 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComputerGeek View Post
Here is your fix ladies & gentlemen:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \Software\HTC\PHONE\PhoneExtendSetting <<--YOU WILL HAVE TO ADD THIS KEY

ADD the dword EndCallTime and make the value 1000 (one second) or 0 (no delay)

I think by default it is 3 seconds....I set mine to 500 (1/2 second) on my phone and it works just fine.

Edit: And a link to a cab file for this regedit.

Last edited by rstoyguy; 06-02-2008 at 08:03 PM. Reason: make it politically correct...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOuch Verizon

falkor is a n00b

Hi,
I followed the instructions to put the Verizon full custom rom.
the upgrade worked. Then did *228 option 1 and 2, then called Verizon rep who got me back on the network.
My problems are: I still get the roaming triangle and the phone says that I am on "preferred system" (and not VerizonWireless as it used to say), also I can't get data connection (Internet, etc.).

I did not skip the Sprint costomization when I flashed the Sprint rom - is there a way to undo that?

Any ideas? should I call Verizon ?

Thanks for all your great work!

update: I called Verizon - they managed to get me into the network, so I am not roaming anymore.
the only problem now is data - I can't surf the web. The device stores the username , but not the password for the data connection.

the CSR couldn't solve that.

Any ideas?

Last edited by falkor; 06-02-2008 at 10:45 PM.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

vaxick is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to vaxick Send a message via Yahoo to vaxick

Wow, I seem to be having a lot better luck with the latest ROM update. Getting a signal seemed to be hit or miss with the GPS on the last ROM. I could get a lock on, but it mostly took a long period of waiting.

The first time it tried to get a signal on the updated ROM it took the typical 5 or so minutes before it got a lock on anything, but starting up Google Maps later in the day got me a GPS signal in about 15 seconds! I have it running right now and it's seeing 6 satellites and is jumping to 7 frequently as I'm running Google Maps for a while just to get some GPS data logged onto the phone.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

tom_m is a n00b

yup. gps working now alright. took a while to get a fix though... is that all the time??
Old 06-02-2008, 10:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

nofearpi is a n00b

I have upgraded my roms before without issues. I just had a buddy come over who had recently visited Vancouver and now I cant figure out anything. How do I figure out what roms or updates I have. or can I just install the files and reinstall over everything. Iam just not understanding the whole process and what order to go in. thanks for any help.. i jave a sprint touch rom version 3.04.671.2..radio 3.37.10,, prl # 60611

Last edited by nofearpi; 06-02-2008 at 10:27 PM.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Vogue

calisoldier83 is keeping up the good workcalisoldier83 is keeping up the good work

sweet oem maker OMJ I should've caught that before...

I still think the best combo is the updated gps drivers and 3.37.15 radio. I hard reset about 4x so far and the gps still degrades overtime like I exhibited with the old GPS drivers.

For example: This morning right after hard reset instant lock on gpstoday no wait. Right now I can't lock and I'm only picking up one satellite on gpsviewer

If updated gps drivers were incorporated I think it would be more reliable. I always got locks no matter what.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development