PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2008, 10:48 AM
Lurker

Katrina2008 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's WM6.1 Custom Touch ROM w/ UC, GPS, REV A! Updated 5/29/08

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekZones View Post
How did you get GPS to use port 2? When I try to change it in GPSViewer a message pops up and says something like Port not available. I am on Verizon and so far have not had any issues with crashes or other difficulties using OMJs Full custom for Verizon with the latest Radio 3.37.15.

Tekzones if you go into settings OMJ has an icon there for external gps. You can change it to port 2. Also after you make all changes from my post dont forget to do one last soft reset(in some instances maybe a hard).
** i might add if anyone used the kickstart programs/cab with this it wont work. I did not have any success with the verizon rom and those programs. **
Old 06-06-2008, 10:54 AM
Lurker

Katrina2008 is a n00b
Red face Re: OMJ's WM6.1 Custom Touch ROM w/ UC, GPS, REV A! Updated 5/29/08

Quote:
Originally Posted by atoy74 View Post
I've been using GPSTODAY for a long while now. Havent experienced the issues you described. I've had fast locks coming out of hibernation, even indoors.

Atoy74, I noted in your profile you are using sprint?? I stated in my post verizon wireless. I know alot of sprint users have had major success with this rom and that program. My post was for Verizon wireless users, when i stated in my original post those using the full Customer Verizon Wireless rom. I thought it would only be the Verizon Wireless users
Old 06-06-2008, 11:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

ace741 is keeping up the good workace741 is keeping up the good work

I have a sprint touch running OMJ.WM6.1.GPS.Custom.Sprint.v2.java.exe.
After a while, when someone calls me the caller ID screen comes up glitched to where I can't read it. A soft reset corrects the problem, but it is still something I'd like fixed. I don't know I have the prob until I get a call and then its too late. (I'm avoiding some people LOL). I've used other ROMS and don't recall having this problem with them. Any suggestions? Thanks guys
Old 06-06-2008, 11:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TOUCH

atoy74 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrina2008 View Post
Atoy74, I noted in your profile you are using sprint?? I stated in my post verizon wireless. I know alot of sprint users have had major success with this rom and that program. My post was for Verizon wireless users, when i stated in my original post those using the full Customer Verizon Wireless rom. I thought it would only be the Verizon Wireless users
Applogies, I didnt realize it was a Verizon only issue.
Old 06-06-2008, 03:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VzW 6900
Carrier: vzw

640k is just getting started

So.. I must've missed it, but did someone fix the EVDO issue? When I connect it drops me to 1x.
Old 06-06-2008, 03:26 PM
Lurker

cj1171 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanderz6900 View Post
are these upload speeds or download speeds?

if those are d/l speeds then that is not a good gauge.

you need to look at the difference in upload speeds to determine, for sure, whether or not you are on Rev. A
the best i've seen is 800 down, 200 up...
Old 06-06-2008, 06:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (cdma)
Carrier: Bell

noogies is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekZones View Post
How did you get GPS to use port 2? When I try to change it in GPSViewer a message pops up and says something like Port not available. I am on Verizon and so far have not had any issues with crashes or other difficulties using OMJs Full custom for Verizon with the latest Radio 3.37.15.
To change your GPS COM Port go to Start/Settings/System Tab/GPS Settings

On the Programs tab, set the "GPS Program Port" to your desired port.

I like using COM1 so that i don't have to keep changing the COM port in GPSToday.

The apps like GPShome and GoogleMaps get the new COM port from windows because you probably have a Checkmark on "Manage GPS Automatically" on the Access tab of "GPS Settings"

But gol-dang-it-all, i still haven't been able to get my Bell htc touch to get a lock. Tried 3.37.15 and 3.37.10 radios. OMJ's bell full custom is all i've tried so far, but i think i'll try OMJ's Bell OEM to see if maybe something is messin' with the GPS.

Anyone know where I can find the Titan 3.35.05 radio rom? The "temp" folder in Jakdillard's FTP is empty. Makes it tough to follow the awesome "Consolidated Rev-A tutorial" that Dharvey4561 created.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (cdma)
Carrier: Bell

noogies is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by goathahalol View Post
I don't know if this is a requirement but to get my GPS to lock on I had to open the "Phone Menu" and hit menu > options > services tab > Location Settings > get settings > and set that to Location on. Also I always open GPS Viewer and set it to com 4 and Open GPS. Then I just click on the GPS Status tab and go outside and wait for a few minutes till it locks on. Like I said it takes approximately 5 minutes to get a lock on 3 - 5 sats, and after that i can go back inside the building or wherever i am and it continues to work as it should. Now I must say that I just got this working Last night, so I am certainly not implying that my GPS is rock steady and has been working for long. Good luck.
WOOT!!!! That DID IT!!!

I have been flashing, reflashing, Enabling AGPS, Disabling AGPS, and any other thing i could find, but no joy. Can't see ANY satellites.

goathahalol pointed me in the right direction.

open the "Phone Menu" and hit menu > options > services tab > Location Settings > get settings > and set that to Location on.

Thank you Thank you Thank you goathahalol !!!!! =D>
Old 06-06-2008, 07:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

johnnymac is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace741 View Post
I have a sprint touch running OMJ.WM6.1.GPS.Custom.Sprint.v2.java.exe.
After a while, when someone calls me the caller ID screen comes up glitched to where I can't read it. A soft reset corrects the problem, but it is still something I'd like fixed. I don't know I have the prob until I get a call and then its too late. (I'm avoiding some people LOL). I've used other ROMS and don't recall having this problem with them. Any suggestions? Thanks guys

I had the same problem with V2. Now I'm on V3. I haven't experienced that issue, but I have noticed a few other small things. The GPS on this version is flaky. I have to soft reset frequently to get a satelite lock. Also, on the new version, the call volume is always way too low when I answer, I have to turn it up everytime I reset the device.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

johnnymac is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by noogies View Post
WOOT!!!! That DID IT!!!

I have been flashing, reflashing, Enabling AGPS, Disabling AGPS, and any other thing i could find, but no joy. Can't see ANY satellites.

goathahalol pointed me in the right direction.

open the "Phone Menu" and hit menu > options > services tab > Location Settings > get settings > and set that to Location on.

Thank you Thank you Thank you goathahalol !!!!! =D>
I don't know why yours was set to off, but I've never had a ROM that this wasn't already "On".
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development