PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2008, 11:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

sputnikkk is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's WM6.1 Custom Touch ROM w/ UC, GPS, REV A! Updated 5/29/08

Im thinking my data internet speeds are still bogangus ... what browser and stuff are ya'll using to test that out? Im on Vzw in CALI - shouldnt I be getting some phat DL speeds?

I did read that OMJ mentioned he felt there might be internet speed issues wit hthis rom - from an erly post in this thread ... maybe I misread that?
Old 06-03-2008, 02:03 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

jryanvt is a n00b

i have a question about v3 of the sprint rom. i know it does not have the newest java for opera, but when i go to the opera mini site on my phone, it won't even let me download opera mini 4.1. i tried downloading jbed 20080222 from a link in this thread, but i was having difficulty installing it, or at least trying to figure out where i installed it. i remember, before i flashed any roms, downloading a new esmertec jbed and it was dropped right into my program files with the original java. so has anyone with the new sprint v3 rom upgraded their java? or omj, any chance you create an updated v3 with the newest java (i can dream right?)? i would much rather have opera mini than the sprint music store. thanks for any help.
Old 06-03-2008, 02:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint

lotus f1 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryanvt View Post
i have a question about v3 of the sprint rom. i know it does not have the newest java for opera, but when i go to the opera mini site on my phone, it won't even let me download opera mini 4.1. i tried downloading jbed 20080222 from a link in this thread, but i was having difficulty installing it, or at least trying to figure out where i installed it. i remember, before i flashed any roms, downloading a new esmertec jbed and it was dropped right into my program files with the original java. so has anyone with the new sprint v3 rom upgraded their java? or omj, any chance you create an updated v3 with the newest java (i can dream right?)? i would much rather have opera mini than the sprint music store. thanks for any help.
Ditto on the request^^^^^ + MS Voice Command.. that should be standard
Old 06-03-2008, 09:13 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

tom_m is a n00b

don't know what kinda speeds your getting- but in NYC I must be getting really fast. before the ROM I know I was 600kbit + (on dslreports 1mb test) after .... dslreports doesn't have a file size test large enough...the 1mb says unstable/too fast for a test.

anyone know a site to test speeds that doesn't require flash player?
Old 06-03-2008, 10:06 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Re: End Button Malfunctioning with Leaked Rom

Quote:
Originally Posted by hieste View Post
I'm having a problem with phone reception. I would always get 3-4 bars in and around my house even after upgrading the radio to 3.37 and using OMJ's ROM. Suddenly about one week ago, I have lost almost all reception. Callers can't hear me and calls are frequently dropped. I updated to the newest ROM with no luck. I searched to board, but all I found referred to verizon vogues. Any suggestions?
it's always possible a change was made to the cell tower....are you having this issue everywhere or just @ home? you could try flashing the leaked rom to compare....also, you can check your signal strength by typing ##DEBUG# from the dialpad, check the Rx Power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkor View Post
Hi,
I followed the instructions to put the Verizon full custom rom.
the upgrade worked. Then did *228 option 1 and 2, then called Verizon rep who got me back on the network.
My problems are: I still get the roaming triangle and the phone says that I am on "preferred system" (and not VerizonWireless as it used to say), also I can't get data connection (Internet, etc.).

I did not skip the Sprint costomization when I flashed the Sprint rom - is there a way to undo that?

Any ideas? should I call Verizon ?

Thanks for all your great work!

update: I called Verizon - they managed to get me into the network, so I am not roaming anymore.
the only problem now is data - I can't surf the web. The device stores the username , but not the password for the data connection.

the CSR couldn't solve that.

Any ideas?
bad idea to let the sprint customization run.....I have not seen a fix for VZW users. you could try flashing the leaked rom again w/o the customization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearpi View Post
I have upgraded my roms before without issues. I just had a buddy come over who had recently visited Vancouver and now I cant figure out anything. How do I figure out what roms or updates I have. or can I just install the files and reinstall over everything. Iam just not understanding the whole process and what order to go in. thanks for any help.. i jave a sprint touch rom version 3.04.671.2..radio 3.37.10,, prl # 60611
you are running the Alltel rom....go to post #1, download & flash the leaked sprint rom, then flash one of mine.....you could skip the leaked rom, but I would recommend flashing it to upgrade your radio, and let the sprint customization run, along w/ PPST after reboot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnikkk View Post
Im thinking my data internet speeds are still bogangus ... what browser and stuff are ya'll using to test that out? Im on Vzw in CALI - shouldnt I be getting some phat DL speeds?

I did read that OMJ mentioned he felt there might be internet speed issues wit hthis rom - from an erly post in this thread ... maybe I misread that?
initially yes, rev a did not seem all that great, but my latest tests prove otherwise.....the best way to test is to tether to pc, then go to speedtest.net....it will also depend on whether or not VZW has rev a where you're at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryanvt View Post
yeah, I'll update the java version to v3, but you'll have to take a number, lol.

as far as MS voice cmd.....isnt that a pay software? I only include free apps in my roms.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:24 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: evo 4g

jryanvt is a n00b

number taken, thanks omj.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g

jsorell is a n00b

I need some help, I unlocked the phone using cokemans unlocker, then flashed to leaked ROM, now my phone stays on the Htc smart mobility screen. I can't get it to activesync or do anything, hard reset didn't help either. Any help would be greatly appreciated (sprint htc touch)

Last edited by jsorell; 06-03-2008 at 10:57 AM.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell Mobility

gp-se is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsorell View Post
I need some help, I unlocked the phone using cokemans unlocker, then flashed to leaked ROM, now my phone stays on the Htc smart mobility screen. I can't get it to activesync or do anything, hard reset didn't help either. Any help would be greatly appreciated (sprint htc touch)

which leaked rom?
also on the bootloader does it show the rainbow coloured screen?
Old 06-03-2008, 12:10 PM
N00b

ComputerGeek is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkor View Post
Hi,
I followed the instructions to put the Verizon full custom rom.
the upgrade worked. Then did *228 option 1 and 2, then called Verizon rep who got me back on the network.
My problems are: I still get the roaming triangle and the phone says that I am on "preferred system" (and not VerizonWireless as it used to say), also I can't get data connection (Internet, etc.).

I did not skip the Sprint costomization when I flashed the Sprint rom - is there a way to undo that?

Any ideas? should I call Verizon ?

Thanks for all your great work!

update: I called Verizon - they managed to get me into the network, so I am not roaming anymore.
the only problem now is data - I can't surf the web. The device stores the username , but not the password for the data connection.

the CSR couldn't solve that.

Any ideas?

Bad idea to have Sprint customizations run. Yes, Verizon can get you back on the network. Tech support will need to probably escalate your case to the next level up. May take them about 24 hours.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g

jsorell is a n00b

the rom was OmJ 6.1 oem and yeah i had the rainbow screen. I just found a post for unbrickin phone im gonna try that , thanks for any help
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development