PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2010, 04:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

yonif99 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

They offered me the TP2, but now I see I hate the keyboard, they said they would offer me one of equal value, what should I get that's similar but not an annoying keyboard, or better?
Old 02-16-2010, 04:55 PM
Volunteer Newsie
Pocket PC: NS4G
Carrier: Sprint - SERO Premium

beathookup is keeping up the good workbeathookup is keeping up the good work

Just spoke with customer care this afternoon. Went to copr Sprint store earlier in the afternoon for numerous problems with my phone. Sat in the Sprint store two hours with nothing happening with my phone, watched it sit in the incoming phone box for thirty mins and then in the out going phone box for thirty mins as well. Called CS with the frustration that I experienced from this store which happen constantly at this location. Was given the run around for over two hours and was told by a supervisor that I needed to pay the $100 deductible for a new phone or go back to the corp store to get a replacement. I'm at wits end with dealing with Sprint with this phone and the constant hassle it has been dealing with this phone.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

samaritrey is a n00b

Yeah i so understand i hate going to the sprint stores they are not run well. I always make an appointment online it gets you priority which is nice. Then once i have someone i try to get them to just replace it and not do the diagnostic. i show them everything wrong with it i have them look up all of them i have been through it usually works but last time did not but the diag only took like 10 minutes then they ordered me the TP2.

Yeah the TP2 keyboard is strange coming from a TP i miss the tab button a lot and the lower enter and delete button. But it actually feels smaller when it is in your pocket and the 3.5 mm jack on the bottom is nice. i also noticed i get better cell service with it too. battery also seems better than my TP when i first got it like a year ago.

OH Yeah!!
ATT ~2005-2007 V220, V3
Sprint 2007-NOW Vogue had issues upgrade me to TP in 2009, TP had issues upgrade me to TP2 in 2010 all for free lol
Old 02-16-2010, 05:31 PM
N00b

Xian is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to Xian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smu View Post
I think she got the only TP that HTC ever made that was assembled correctly, lol.
I resembled that remark. Minus the She part anyway. Mine had been going strong for almost a year now...until now.

Went to a local Sprint Store yesterday, as my TP is having battery issues, running hot, front buttons not responding. They've got a phone on order for me that should be in tomorrow (please not another TP, please not another TP)

...and now today my touch screen is completely unresponsive. Nothing functions. *sigh*

At least I managed to get back on the OEM rom before all of this happened.

So, hopefully in 24hrs or so, I'll let everyone know what my new phone is.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

coolguy949 is becoming a great contributor

Now that WP7S has been announced, I don't feel the urgency to get a TP2 as much. It's such a hassle, it might not be worth it to me anymore. My TP has so many issues - as far as overheating, freezing, reboots, etc - it's maddening. However, trying to get it rectified is even more maddening sometimes. I feel like I need an audio disc to recite the same spiel over and over again to Sprint reps. Handing a disc to them and saying "listen to this" would be so nice.

But I think I can tolerate the TP until the new release. However, if the opportunity for a TP2 does present itself, what the heck right?
Old 02-16-2010, 06:27 PM
N00b

samaritrey is a n00b

That was my idea to just hang on to the TP until the WM7 Device then redo my contract and buy one. but know it seems they are just giving me the phone i want so why bother paying for a more expensive contract when the one i have know works perfect for me. heck if my TP2 has issues they might give me the TP3 or whatever LOL.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo3D

nasa1303 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy949 View Post
Now that WP7S has been announced, I don't feel the urgency to get a TP2 as much. It's such a hassle, it might not be worth it to me anymore. My TP has so many issues - as far as overheating, freezing, reboots, etc - it's maddening. However, trying to get it rectified is even more maddening sometimes. I feel like I need an audio disc to recite the same spiel over and over again to Sprint reps. Handing a disc to them and saying "listen to this" would be so nice.

But I think I can tolerate the TP until the new release. However, if the opportunity for a TP2 does present itself, what the heck right?
that is some funny stuff. i had to laugh because i feel the same way. i have just about given up myself. i might go into one more store but it will be my last try till they come up with a replacement for the tp2. the store that gave me my tp last year to replace my mogul. i was pissed today though because i was trying to make a last second bid on my touch pro for an ebay item and it had to start freezing up and lagging.i went into one of the coorp. stores and asked to speak directly to a supervisor. he was an anal man that told me i had to go into a repair center because they can't just give out free phones unless an actual tech can verify the problem. the other store i have done replacements in just look at it while i am telling them what the problem is and start typing on the computer ordering my replacement.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 6850

flopezsanc is a n00b

After 2 months of attempting, and failing to get my TP replaced with TP2. All it took was MS to announce the release of WM7 phone and a trip to the Sprint repair store, and I'm finally getting a TP2. Sprint tech took less then 10 minutes to diagnose my phone and automatically ordered me a TP2. It should arrive in the store withing 3-5 days. New in box no referb! So much for the out of stock.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:42 AM
N00b

samaritrey is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by flopezsanc View Post
After 2 months of attempting, and failing to get my TP replaced with TP2. All it took was MS to announce the release of WM7 phone and a trip to the Sprint repair store, and I'm finally getting a TP2. Sprint tech took less then 10 minutes to diagnose my phone and automatically ordered me a TP2. It should arrive in the store withing 3-5 days. New in box no referb! So much for the out of stock.
really i want a nib lol oh well GL let us know if you really get one.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:45 AM
Lurker
Carrier: Boost Mobile

TheTenthLetter is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to TheTenthLetter

Anyone using their TP on Boost have any luck getting it replaced? My battery gets pretty hot (i.e. not... warm) and the system gets laggy. Obviously, I'm not on a Sprint plan, but at the end of the day, they do get my money, and I'm concerned about the safety issues regarding the battery overheating. Also, it's a Sprint TP which was an issued refurb about a month ago, so it's still under warranty I believe.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro