PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2010, 06:20 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Sprint sent me a TP2 couple months ago, i didn't talk to any1 at the store, I only has a 5 minutes conversation with *2....TP2 never came up in the conversation.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

shankscomp is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to shankscomp Send a message via Yahoo to shankscomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykie View Post
In the 6 days I've had my refurbished replacement TP, I've experienced the following problems:
(Countless times) Phone goes to sleep, powers off randomly despite charge level
(Twice) Lost data connection in a good area, had to soft-reset to get it back
(Twice) Unresponsive after a night of charging, only a soft-reset would revive it
Battery got super hot, phone locked up
Keyboard is very laggy, I can get 5-10 words typed before the screen responds
Receiving an MMS is very slow, sometimes they don't show up at all. Sending is almost instantaneous, even to other carriers.

This is all after a hard reset and flashed with the newest rom from Sprint's site.

Think with all these issues, they'll replace my phone with a TP?
Went to a sprint store today with my phone after talking with advanced tech support on the phone on Friday... Even the store checked the replacement options and said the TP2 was not available today... But she said would keep checkin for me. Keep after them, that's all I gotta say... I'm on my 2nd TP right now and the issues keep coming. I found that if you hard reset every couple of days it helps... But that's not enough!

Tim
Navizon- Get paid $s to use your phones GPS & Wifi!
Old 02-15-2010, 05:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

samaritrey is a n00b

Yeah picked up my tp2 today and talked with another client there. he was on his 9th tp and i told him they got me a tp2. so he asked for one and they were out of stock again felt really bad for the guy. btw mine was a referb but had only made 2 calls totaling 4minutes and used .25mb of data lol

OH Yeah!!
ATT ~2005-2007 V220, V3
Sprint 2007-NOW Vogue had issues upgrade me to TP in 2009, TP had issues upgrade me to TP2 in 2010 all for free lol
Old 02-15-2010, 07:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, EVO 3D

Metalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuff

Just received my tp2 from ups, refurbished of course but nonetheless very happy. only had 3 hours on the life timer.

Now to get a screen protector for it
Old 02-15-2010, 07:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint -/|

mykie is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankscomp View Post
Went to a sprint store today with my phone after talking with advanced tech support on the phone on Friday... Even the store checked the replacement options and said the TP2 was not available today... But she said would keep checkin for me. Keep after them, that's all I gotta say... I'm on my 2nd TP right now and the issues keep coming. I found that if you hard reset every couple of days it helps... But that's not enough!

Tim
The technician at the store I went to told me the problems I've been having are normal for any Touch Pro user. He even SUGGESTED using 3rd party ROMs instead of the standard Sprint ROM because it has problems. After waiting an hour and a half, he sent me on my way with the same defective phone.

So it seems they know there are problems, but won't do anything about them.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Boost Mobile

TheTenthLetter is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to TheTenthLetter

Anyone using this phone on Boost tried this yet? My TP battery does get really hot and the system gets laggy (using the stock ROM even!). The phone was actually a replacement from like a month ago when the dude I got it from had Sprint. I called and explained this to the local Sprint Store girl (minus the fact I'm on Boost [hey... Sprint gets my $ regardless ]), and she said they might be able to replace it. Gonna throw the charm on and head in there with the TP tomorrow...
Old 02-15-2010, 11:49 PM
N00b

samaritrey is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTenthLetter View Post
Anyone using this phone on Boost tried this yet? My TP battery does get really hot and the system gets laggy (using the stock ROM even!). The phone was actually a replacement from like a month ago when the dude I got it from had Sprint. I called and explained this to the local Sprint Store girl (minus the fact I'm on Boost [hey... Sprint gets my $ regardless ]), and she said they might be able to replace it. Gonna throw the charm on and head in there with the TP tomorrow...
if you want a tp2 as of today they were out at the warehouse again but it is worth a shot GL
Old 02-16-2010, 03:09 PM
smu
PPCGeeks Regular

smu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsmu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsmu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsmu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

My wife's TP is falling apart and she's interested in upgrading to the TP2. She called Assurion and they said they are still swapping TPs for TPs. She said that the automated message said that you can upgrade, though - is that how you're getting a TP2? If so, what is the price for the upgrade? Thanks in advance.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:08 PM
N00b

samaritrey is a n00b

What most of us are doing is when we have a problem with our phone that is not Physical damage is call sprint. tell them our issue and have the advance exchange them. some of us are lucky enough that when we call the warehouse has tp2's in stock and will swap them out for you they might also offer you other phones. I could not do that becase i have had 3 Advanced exchanges in the last year so i had to go to the store. they have to verify the problem and make sure you are not just complaining trying to get a new phone. Then they do the same thing they do over the phone and say would you be interested in a different model because i was on my 4th TP. She said that she could get me a TP2 so i said sure. mine is a referb but it only had made 6 calls and 4 minutes of talk time so i am not complaining. So if you are under 1 year warranty still or have the TEP like i do you can do this for free. sounds like you have tep if you talked to assurion. they are good if you want to spend 100 to get a new phone that is usually nib not a referb but i guess they have some TP's again. Also this does not extened your contract or anything so it is nice to get a new phone but have your old contract. my contract is from my vogue i got in 07 i have not changed it since and they have moved me twice now to the new model lol. GL
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:23 PM
smu
PPCGeeks Regular

smu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsmu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsmu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsmu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaritrey View Post
What most of us are doing is when we have a problem with our phone that is not Physical damage is call sprint. tell them our issue and have the advance exchange them. some of us are lucky enough that when we call the warehouse has tp2's in stock and will swap them out for you they might also offer you other phones. I could not do that becase i have had 3 Advanced exchanges in the last year so i had to go to the store. they have to verify the problem and make sure you are not just complaining trying to get a new phone. Then they do the same thing they do over the phone and say would you be interested in a different model because i was on my 4th TP. She said that she could get me a TP2 so i said sure. mine is a referb but it only had made 6 calls and 4 minutes of talk time so i am not complaining. So if you are under 1 year warranty still or have the TEP like i do you can do this for free. sounds like you have tep if you talked to assurion. they are good if you want to spend 100 to get a new phone that is usually nib not a referb but i guess they have some TP's again. Also this does not extened your contract or anything so it is nice to get a new phone but have your old contract. my contract is from my vogue i got in 07 i have not changed it since and they have moved me twice now to the new model lol. GL
Thanks, I appreciate the information! I think we're going to get the freebie from Sprint (the TP) and then see what happens with it. I went through three TPs with the old keyboard issue and then got my TP2. I think she got the only TP that HTC ever made that was assembled correctly, lol.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro