PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2010, 05:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

nbe1999 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

What are the reasons you guys are getting these replaced for? I currently have a TP that I've only had to replace once in the last year and 2 months. I do have the oil slick on the screen, never bothered me so I didn't care. It will get hot when charging. Other than that it has been pretty solid. My problem as to why I am looking into this is that a piece of plastic broke off right above the volume button. I do have insurance but they are only replacing with the TP's and I would rather save the $100 and get a TP2. I know it might take a while but I just want to know whats been the catylist to get the upgrade for most of you. Thanks ahead of time.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

zxcvzxcv is a n00b

If you have insurance, then you won't have to pay the $100. Overheating is a reason they'll replace the TP1 for a TP2
Old 01-25-2010, 06:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo 4G

pacmantom is becoming a great contributor

My phone was stolen. It said on the claim that it would be a TP but I know some people have got TP2 instead. It shows 1 lbs. on the shipment. I thought I saw 0.8 lbs is a TP and anything else is a TP2 is this true?
Old 01-25-2010, 10:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

Smokin01GT is a n00b

If you are having any problem at all with your TP1 and you have insurance, you can have it replaced with a TP2. You should take it to the store to have it done though as myself, my brother, and a friend all had ours switched out last Thursday. The woman made it a point to tell me the TP2 was finally on the list of choices.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul 6800 HTC Touch Pro

RaydogPR is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to RaydogPR

im getting a TP1 suxxxs!

Last edited by RaydogPR; 01-25-2010 at 10:54 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacmantom View Post
My phone was stolen. It said on the claim that it would be a TP but I know some people have got TP2 instead. It shows 1 lbs. on the shipment. I thought I saw 0.8 lbs is a TP and anything else is a TP2 is this true?
Not true.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo 4G

pacmantom is becoming a great contributor

Thanks guess I will find out tomorrow. I went through 7 phones in my first 5 months so I don't see keeping it long anyway.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:10 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint Advantage Club

neudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspitman View Post
Man... it must suck to be you F~

I LOVE my new TP2... Hey... how did you get your original TP anyway?
I paid some fool 100 for his mogul so he could by the TP for 350... Oh yeah, then I did an online replacement less than 1 month later and got a NIB TP!!

What a steal!
Old 01-26-2010, 01:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: metro pcs

sedakai is a n00b

so its been proven that this is legit but is there any hope for someone like me that bought their touch pro cash no contract. ive had to send it in 5 times now and the support and techs keep getting worse and worse...they actually tried to deny me free repair because the tech indicated my phone had physical damage (maybe he realized they are pieces of shit...) anyway i argued it over and they dropped the status and fixed it for free. i was happy untill i got it back and the idiot had put my old esn sticker on the phone even though he replaced the motherboard and didnt put the slide assembly back together right. i immediately called and requested a touch pro 2 as the amount of time and money ive spent sending this phone in is unacceptable. they told me there was nothing they could do(this was a supervisor) as they didn't have access to the product at all. i argued that sprint is giving customers a tp replacement because its a flaw with the model and they denied there was anything wrong with the touch pro. when they said that i asked for a detailed report from the tech why my phone seems to break so often and what physical damage they found as it concerns me that my phone was considered damaged and they sent the same one back ( i could tell by the casing). i decided to stop playing stupid and asked if they consider the wearing of a flex cable physical damage and she said it was ( i find this upsetting as she failed to see that since sliding is one of the phones functions that if the phone wasnt flawed i should be able to open my phone to type a message without voiding my warranty ) sorry about the rant but im very frustrated. since i bought my thouch pro ive had it for a total of 10 days.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:45 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedakai View Post
so its been proven that this is legit but is there any hope for someone like me that bought their touch pro cash no contract. ive had to send it in 5 times now and the support and techs keep getting worse and worse...they actually tried to deny me free repair because the tech indicated my phone had physical damage (maybe he realized they are pieces of shit...) anyway i argued it over and they dropped the status and fixed it for free. i was happy untill i got it back and the idiot had put my old esn sticker on the phone even though he replaced the motherboard and didnt put the slide assembly back together right. i immediately called and requested a touch pro 2 as the amount of time and money ive spent sending this phone in is unacceptable. they told me there was nothing they could do(this was a supervisor) as they didn't have access to the product at all. i argued that sprint is giving customers a tp replacement because its a flaw with the model and they denied there was anything wrong with the touch pro. when they said that i asked for a detailed report from the tech why my phone seems to break so often and what physical damage they found as it concerns me that my phone was considered damaged and they sent the same one back ( i could tell by the casing). i decided to stop playing stupid and asked if they consider the wearing of a flex cable physical damage and she said it was ( i find this upsetting as she failed to see that since sliding is one of the phones functions that if the phone wasnt flawed i should be able to open my phone to type a message without voiding my warranty ) sorry about the rant but im very frustrated. since i bought my thouch pro ive had it for a total of 10 days.
why is anyone even looking at your phone, your info says your on MetroPCS... no carrier should touch your device if its not on account with them.. how are you getting all these exchanges done?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro