PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2010, 02:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

carmel7744 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Hi all, I'm on my 11th Touch Pro and have the orig ROM. I have been having the usual problems where it runs HOT and freezing up. I have tried several times to get an upgrade to the Touch Pro 2, but it never happens until today. I didn't have to say much except please fix this phone. The rep spoke to a mgr and then she came back and told me they would order me a Touch Pro 2. It should be here on Friday and it's s/b NIB, we will see.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:27 PM
Shoot2ill

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Just got back from my local Sprint store. Handed off my Touch Pro for a tech to evaluate after telling the sales representative what was wrong with it (several cracks and pieces missing in chrome casing, overheating, randomly shutting off and having to soft reset to power it back on). Came back an hour later to be told all the cracks in the casing were my fault, and that the only thing he could do for me was to send the phone off to Asurion (even though I have TEP, which is still confusing me) for a replacement, and that it would cost me $120 in-store or $100 if I did it online.

Now the Touch Pro I currently own is a replacement to my original phone, the Mogul. And I had the Mogul replaced with 3 other defective Moguls before receiving the Touch Pro. I've never been asked to pay anything until today.

So I don't know what's going on. But I do know my contract is up next month, and I refuse to pay a stupid $100 deductible on top of the $7/month TEP insurance plan I've been paying for almost 2 years. I'll switch carriers, get myself a new contract and a new phone that will mostly be better than anything Sprint is currently offering.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:02 PM
dEtSoOb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoot2ill View Post
Just got back from my local Sprint store. Handed off my Touch Pro for a tech to evaluate after telling the sales representative what was wrong with it (several cracks and pieces missing in chrome casing, overheating, randomly shutting off and having to soft reset to power it back on). Came back an hour later to be told all the cracks in the casing were my fault, and that the only thing he could do for me was to send the phone off to Asurion (even though I have TEP, which is still confusing me) for a replacement, and that it would cost me $120 in-store or $100 if I did it online.

Now the Touch Pro I currently own is a replacement to my original phone, the Mogul. And I had the Mogul replaced with 3 other defective Moguls before receiving the Touch Pro. I've never been asked to pay anything until today.

So I don't know what's going on. But I do know my contract is up next month, and I refuse to pay a stupid $100 deductible on top of the $7/month TEP insurance plan I've been paying for almost 2 years. I'll switch carriers, get myself a new contract and a new phone that will mostly be better than anything Sprint is currently offering.
just try going to another sprint store, its all about the whether or not the service tech you get wants to be stingy or not.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:43 PM
Shoot2ill

Quote:
Originally Posted by dEtSoOb View Post
just try going to another sprint store, its all about the whether or not the service tech you get wants to be stingy or not.
Might give that a try. And next time I'll mention the part about switching carriers. Maybe that'll help. Thanks for the advice.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

dumblondewalkin is a n00b

Figured I would bump this thread with my story. I made a thread the other day with a more detailed thread, but overall I had a screen problem, a broken vibrator, and it wouldn't connect to my computer. I went in today and I have repair insurance and they told me later in the day that they ordered me a TP2.

Woot!
Old 01-29-2010, 12:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO

tdubbs27 is just getting started

Got a refurb from asurion a month ago, had same problems as one I just replaced, screen freeze, freeze overnight, freeze on charging, tezt not being sent/not received. Called Asurion, told them my problem. They said they would take care of it and I was thinking oh know not another TP since they were both buggy about a month out. So I said very politely, " I have read up on this problem since this is my 2nd issue and its very common. Is there an alternative phone you can get me into? She immediately said TP2. Sweetness...... If you have insurance and it's not damaged, asurion will replace it within a year warranty for free. yipeeeee
Old 01-29-2010, 04:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

alexandrite_june is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by docnas View Post
OK guys heres my situation

Im on a SERO account and have an old phone im thinking of gettting a touch pro for ebay or craigslist whatever for as cheap as possible hopefully a phone with a broken keyboard.

Now i dont have TEP right now but i heard that if u do an ESN swap u can get TEP added for $7 so will do a ESN swap add TEP and use it for a lil while and wait for it to break ( or flash it with the new rom from HTC and complain that its laggy and buggy) and try for a TP2

Is this a viable idea??
I don't know to much about phones but flashing it with a new rom with the intent of making it laggy so it won't function properly or buying a broken phone just so you can get a freebie sounds pretty fraudulent to me.. So Id buy a working TP and wait for your it to break..(you know it will break eventually from everyday use its a crapy phone anyway) Besides all their going to do is a hard reset or order you another TP since you wouldnt qualify for an advanced exchange anway..... Sorry HONESTY is in!

Last edited by alexandrite_june; 01-29-2010 at 04:51 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

thesfactor is keeping up the good workthesfactor is keeping up the good work

Brand new TP2 just came in the mail today. I was expecting a refurb. SIM card, battery et all. I'm quite surprised. I hope everyone gets what they want too, no one should have to suffer through a defective phone. My best wishes to everyone!
Old 01-30-2010, 03:53 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PrO 2

geomatiq310 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to geomatiq310 Send a message via Yahoo to geomatiq310

okay you guys after reading all your post i folled thru,,,, i went in for a couple of times the usual fone overheating, freezzing and just bullshit out....everytime i went ther they either ordered me a refurb. fone or just hard reset my fone. they hard reset my fone about 4 times and rodered me a refurb fone about 2. i told the guys nicely that i like my fone i wasnt trying to get a nother one and demanded to fix my fone. the manager helped me nicely. he came back and told me that because ive had somany issues with my fone they wer going to ofer me and tp2 i naively asked him wat fone was he talking about and he explained me the features and specs he was actually trying to convince me to get the tp2 lol...anyways the only thing he asked me to do was to spend 30 on the store with accessories.....good luck you guys
Old 01-30-2010, 04:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6850/6900

Table83 is becoming a great contributor

Piece of crap sprint. I just called them because my buttons are comming up. Not the buttons on my keypad, but the buttons call and end buttons on the front of the phone. They told me that they can't do an advanced exchange because I have done 3 in the last year. I'm pissed because I just learned thats only with asurion. Am I wrong?

There are absolutly no service centers around me. I would go to one if there were. Any advice?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro