View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 09:27 PM
Shoot2ill

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Just got back from my local Sprint store. Handed off my Touch Pro for a tech to evaluate after telling the sales representative what was wrong with it (several cracks and pieces missing in chrome casing, overheating, randomly shutting off and having to soft reset to power it back on). Came back an hour later to be told all the cracks in the casing were my fault, and that the only thing he could do for me was to send the phone off to Asurion (even though I have TEP, which is still confusing me) for a replacement, and that it would cost me $120 in-store or $100 if I did it online.

Now the Touch Pro I currently own is a replacement to my original phone, the Mogul. And I had the Mogul replaced with 3 other defective Moguls before receiving the Touch Pro. I've never been asked to pay anything until today.

So I don't know what's going on. But I do know my contract is up next month, and I refuse to pay a stupid $100 deductible on top of the $7/month TEP insurance plan I've been paying for almost 2 years. I'll switch carriers, get myself a new contract and a new phone that will mostly be better than anything Sprint is currently offering.
This post has been thanked 1 times.