PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2010, 06:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Westfire is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

My card reader on mine quit working so I took it to a Sprint store and they told me I could either get a replacement TP or upgrade to a TP2. It was easy, no hassles. Mine is supposed to arrive Monday or Tuesday.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

alexandrite_june is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table83 View Post
Piece of crap sprint. I just called them because my buttons are comming up. Not the buttons on my keypad, but the buttons call and end buttons on the front of the phone. They told me that they can't do an advanced exchange because I have done 3 in the last year. I'm pissed because I just learned thats only with asurion. Am I wrong?

There are absolutly no service centers around me. I would go to one if there were. Any advice?
So sprint put you into 3 different phone models in the past year or they sent you 3 different replacememnt phones? If they sent you 3 replacement phones then they will not send out another phone, they'll just send you to a repair store. And since their isnt a repair store near you then that may be why they are telling you contact asurion. You may trying looking in the phone book to see if direct radio has a repair center near you. I know there are a couple in my area that sprint didnt tell me about when they sent me to the repair center. (These store didnt even show up on the repair store lookup i did ) but nontheless it was asc! So keep trying! You might have to call again.. and again... and again....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westfire View Post
My card reader on mine quit working so I took it to a Sprint store and they told me I could either get a replacement TP or upgrade to a TP2. It was easy, no hassles. Mine is supposed to arrive Monday or Tuesday.
Of course it was easy lol YOU SPENT $$$!! But congrats!!!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

Westfire is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandrite_june View Post
So sprint put you into 3 different phone models in the past year or they sent you 3 different replacememnt phones? If they sent you 3 replacement phones then they will not send out another phone, they'll just send you to a repair store. And since their isnt a repair store near you then that may be why they are telling you contact asurion. You may trying looking in the phone book to see if direct radio has a repair center near you. I know there are a couple in my area that sprint didnt tell me about when they sent me to the repair center. (These store didnt even show up on the repair store lookup i did ) but nontheless it was asc! So keep trying! You might have to call again.. and again... and again....

Of course it was easy lol YOU SPENT $$$!! But congrats!!!!
Actually, I didn't. Since I had TEP, I got the TP2 replacement for free. I confirmed and it doesn't mess up my 2 year upgrade in August so I will hang on to my new TP2 until Sprint gets a Snapdragon WM phone.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

sah0724 is a n00b

Shot down again, these guys act like nothing is wrong with the TP1. I give up with these jokers, if I had the money I"ll get a iphone and call it a day. I'm tired of calling these fools.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 CDMA - Sprint

da1ruler4u is a n00b

I can confirm that sprint is swapping the touch pro's for TP2's. I got all of my Touch Pro's (4) swapped out for TP2's with no problem talking to advanced tech support. All of my phones were bugging out (all of them had the updated ROM from HTC) and 2 of them were already replacement phones from the store within the last 3 weeks (had a bunch of those). Just talked to the tech rep and told all of the problems i have had and are having with the phone and let it be known that i was tired of getting the run around and they offered 5 different replacements, one of which was the TP2. I love the TP2 but have to say i do miss the TP. Most of all I miss the light on the TP, as the TP2 does not come with a light (go figure).
Old 02-01-2010, 04:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

BikerSk8rKid is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to BikerSk8rKid Send a message via Yahoo to BikerSk8rKid

da1ruler4u - Yeah that's one reason why I don't want to get the Touch Pro 2 and because it's missing 8 keys? LOL
Old 02-01-2010, 03:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

vindication84 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to vindication84

So my screen cracked a few weeks ago and i was really upset cause i thought i'd have to deal with that.. but now my keyboard started crapping out so i'm super excited!!! I'm about to call sprint now.. i'll come back with the update!
#1 Sprint HTC Touch Pro- Got it wet, did Asurion replacement
#2 Sprint HTC Touch Pro- Got it NIB, but keyboard died after 2.5 months
#3 Sprint HTC Touch Pro- Refurb, hardware problems. Yuck.
#4 Sprint HTC Touch Pro- Refurb, slow keyboard decay, hoping for a Touch Pro2!
Old 02-01-2010, 04:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindication84 View Post
So my screen cracked a few weeks ago and i was really upset cause i thought i'd have to deal with that.. but now my keyboard started crapping out so i'm super excited!!! I'm about to call sprint now.. i'll come back with the update!
So I called and I was transferred to Multiple Device Exchange.. they told me the list of replacement options: Curve, Snap, Treo Pro, Touch Pro. I asked about the Touch Pro 2, and she said that they would offer it but the warehouse was out of em.. So i'm gonna call my local store and see what they can do.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

shankscomp is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to shankscomp Send a message via Yahoo to shankscomp

Yeah, good luck with callin the local store... If it works out, let me know... When I talked to the Advanced Techs and then the Esculations Dept, they told me the TP2 was out of stock also. I asked about contacting local stores, and they said that would not work, because they would have to do the same to get my replacement... I told them I could limp by for a few more days with my random problems and would just keep callin back in to see when they would be back in stock... I'm hoping SOON!!!

Good Luck
Tim
Navizon- Get paid $s to use your phones GPS & Wifi!
Old 02-01-2010, 11:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankscomp View Post
Yeah, good luck with callin the local store... If it works out, let me know... When I talked to the Advanced Techs and then the Esculations Dept, they told me the TP2 was out of stock also. I asked about contacting local stores, and they said that would not work, because they would have to do the same to get my replacement... I told them I could limp by for a few more days with my random problems and would just keep callin back in to see when they would be back in stock... I'm hoping SOON!!!

Good Luck
Tim
yeah man, good luck to you too.
the lady i talked to said they're out of stock "again" and the last time they were out of stock for 3 months =(

did your tech give you any sort of timeframe?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro