PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2009, 03:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Q9c/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dibara2003 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smegma View Post
If its out-of-stock speak to a manager. I spoke to a tech and he told me it was OOS. A manager then came by and was able to order the TP2 and I will be receiving it tomorrow.
The store manager turned me down as well. Said he could get fired for ordering a level 5 NIB replacement.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

Roelljr is keeping up the good workRoelljr is keeping up the good work

hey i have recently been having issues with my touch pro, like the screen not responding right.... this is my second tp... I also have the asurion insurence. would my best bet to get a tp2 be to call asurion, sprint, or take it in to the nearby repair center?
Old 11-12-2009, 04:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

gabestover is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by austerville View Post
Which department do I speak to at *2 - everyone that I've spoken to has told me that they can only replace my TP with a TP and if I want a TP2 I have to speak to a store manager.
I was able to get a supervisor in advanced technical support to order me a TP2 in replacement for my 5th TP. This was after talking to about 15-20 sprint reps on the phone at various levels in various different departments, going to two corporate repair stores, and one ASC. The ASC I went to was in Chula Vista, CA (just south of San Diego), where they had told me the TP2 was on their list of valid replacements for the TP, but their system wouldn't let them go through with the order. From what the in-store rep told me, they had had quite a few people come in with TPs with problems like mine and had tried numerous times to order the TP2 for them, but the system just wouldn't let them - it always said the phone was OOS.

When I finally had gotten to the advanced tech support rep that was able to help me, I had spent about 2 to 2.5hr on the phone in a row. Before I was offered the free TP2, I got to what they called the "escalation department" (a transfer from advanced tech support) where had offered me $150 off. They said that's the best anyone would be able to offer. My next call to advanced tech support ended in the free TP2.

I now have my order number, and have confirmed over the phone and online that the order is, indeed, for a TP2, and should be here Friday or Monday (depending on if it's the 2 or 3 of "2-3 business days")
Old 11-12-2009, 09:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

austerville is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabestover View Post
I was able to get a supervisor in advanced technical support to order me a TP2 in replacement for my 5th TP. This was after talking to about 15-20 sprint reps on the phone at various levels in various different departments, going to two corporate repair stores, and one ASC. The ASC I went to was in Chula Vista, CA (just south of San Diego), where they had told me the TP2 was on their list of valid replacements for the TP, but their system wouldn't let them go through with the order. From what the in-store rep told me, they had had quite a few people come in with TPs with problems like mine and had tried numerous times to order the TP2 for them, but the system just wouldn't let them - it always said the phone was OOS.

When I finally had gotten to the advanced tech support rep that was able to help me, I had spent about 2 to 2.5hr on the phone in a row. Before I was offered the free TP2, I got to what they called the "escalation department" (a transfer from advanced tech support) where had offered me $150 off. They said that's the best anyone would be able to offer. My next call to advanced tech support ended in the free TP2.

I now have my order number, and have confirmed over the phone and online that the order is, indeed, for a TP2, and should be here Friday or Monday (depending on if it's the 2 or 3 of "2-3 business days")
It's definitely hit or miss. I've spoken with 2 supervisors from ATS and they both put notes on my account that I could get a TP2, but that I'd have to get it from the store and it was at the manager's discretion. They even had a rep call the store while I was there and the manager just said that he didn't have any in stock and wasn't able to order one and he offered me other phones on the WEL list, which I declined. I ended up getting them to order me a replacement TP, which I'm returning today due to the reasons mentioned previously. I really find it hard to believe that some stores are able to order it and others can't.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Sinful1217 is just getting started

I spoke to 2 Supervisors in ATS and both said thre was nothing they can do for me. For some reason they connected me to a Supervisor in Telesales. IDK why, cuz I'm not going to BUY another phone. N that person said he would give me a call bk today at 9:30am. Um its like 9:50 now. I'm really irritated!! Im reading this post tho and I didnt know there was a Escalation Dept.

Who should I call and ask to speak to?? And how do I find a Corporate Store??
Old 11-12-2009, 12:43 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

i was at sprint Yesterday... the TP2 isnt in the WEL list anymore... its a regular TP(which they dont make anymore) or a BB, or the Snap i think... if youlll accept something without winMO, you may have better luck...

you guys need to buy what u want a;ready instead of complaining on the web about a phone u ddnt pay for
Old 11-12-2009, 12:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
i was at sprint Yesterday... the TP2 isnt in the WEL list anymore... its a regular TP(which they dont make anymore) or a BB, or the Snap i think... if youlll accept something without winMO, you may have better luck...

you guys need to buy what u want a;ready instead of complaining on the web about a phone u ddnt pay for

Wow, a lil on the aggravated side Sweetheart??
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:14 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
that's funny because you know that i know how you got your tp2....
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Omg! Waiting on a call with CS and the damn phone freezes! After goin bk n forth! So i go into the store and they offer me a Pre. I said I consider it. SO I come bk home and Sprint connects me to a Supervisor and he doesnt eve offer the Pre he says the snap, Treo or Blackberry?! R they serious?!! This is nuts now! He tells me well I cant offer you anything else.

So im like u want me to step down?? Obviosuly youcant do a damn thing for me!! Next!!
Old 11-12-2009, 03:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

abrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abrigham Send a message via Yahoo to abrigham Send a message via Skype™ to abrigham

From what I can gather reading the last few pages of this thread is that the TP2 is most likely been temporarily removed from the WEL list because it is OOS. I have a feeling they don't want to rack up a huge backlog that can never be filled, and now they're just waiting on HTC to manufacture more TP2's. I personally have not tried to get mine replaced yet, but I do have some of the common issues - I'm just dealing with them for now. For all those that are getting frustrated with Sprint, just be patient. I don't think they anticipated this much activity (even though they already admitted the TP1 is the most problematic phone they've ever had). Really, when you think about it, this is all HTC's fault... they made a crappy phone for Sprint, and now they can't keep up with demand for its replacement. Several posts here say it will be OOS until after Christmas. If your phone works, I say just be patient. If it doesn't, go ahead and get another TP (even if it is your 100th replacement or whatever) and just be patient. Once HTC catches up with the backlog, I'm sure it will show up on the WEL list again.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro