PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2009, 06:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

internetaffairs is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

store offered me phone two weeks ago but it was out of stock.

a week later asked ecare to see if I could exchange it through them. they transfer me to account services. account services no help at all.

bunch of ****s.

if anyone had success in the los angeles area, could you please let me know where?
Old 11-11-2009, 06:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2 cdma
Carrier: sprint

dcmullis is a n00b

I have asurion with sprint. And I have the total equipment protection plan. I called them today and told them about a couple of problems I am having with the phone and they are sending me out a brand new touch pro 2. I should get it tomorrow or friday. This is my second touch pro but I am not sure if that has much to do with it. I will let you guys know when I get the phone. But I was send it free of charge without having to pay a deductable of any kind.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Q9c/Touch Pro

dibara2003 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmullis View Post
I have asurion with sprint. And I have the total equipment protection plan. I called them today and told them about a couple of problems I am having with the phone and they are sending me out a brand new touch pro 2. I should get it tomorrow or friday. This is my second touch pro but I am not sure if that has much to do with it. I will let you guys know when I get the phone. But I was send it free of charge without having to pay a deductable of any kind.
I'm assuming the phone that's having problems is from asurion?
Old 11-11-2009, 07:16 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmullis View Post
good post but i think it goes here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91570, it might help some of those guys out.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

austerville is becoming a great contributor

I received my replacement TP today. This phone was ordered yesterday afternoon so the turnaround was excellent. Major kudos to Sprint for the quick turnaround. Unfortunately, that's where the good stuff ends....
The phone looked great, until I removed the cover to replace the battery. There were 2 screws missing, as well as two rubber insets (for lack of a better description). In addition the moisture detector was white, rather than pink and white, which is what I have normally seen on my other phones.
I called technical support to ask them to replace the phone and the person that I spoke with asked me to take the phone to a repair center, which I refused to do. I explained to her that I expected to receive a working replacement phone and I refuse to spend another hour of my time in a store because they sent me a phone that I don't feel comfortable with. In the end she agreed to allow me to return the phone that I had just received and I will work with my store to get another replacement. What a PITA
Old 11-11-2009, 09:06 PM
Account Disabled

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level

@ auster, you should've taken it in to the repair center. when they tell you that, it usually leads to a tp2.

Last edited by Dr.8820; 11-11-2009 at 09:08 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
@ auster, you should've taken it in to the repair center. when they tell you that, it usually leads to a tp2.
The repair center's been trying to get me a TP2 for over two weeks now, but the warehouse hasn't had any and the store hasn't received any stock since the release (see my earlier post a few pages back). I just called the repair center manager that I've been dealing with at the store and told him that I'm returning the TP that he ordered for me and I'll wait until the store, or the warehouse, gets TP2's in stock. He was ok with that.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:32 PM
Account Disabled

interesting....when you're sent to the store, the store does the ordering. some folks are still getting one, so i would call *2 again. if it's in your notes, they should just order one and ship it to your house.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
interesting....when you're sent to the store, the store does the ordering. some folks are still getting one, so i would call *2 again. if it's in your notes, they should just order one and ship it to your house.
Which department do I speak to at *2 - everyone that I've spoken to has told me that they can only replace my TP with a TP and if I want a TP2 I have to speak to a store manager.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:02 PM
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by austerville View Post
Which department do I speak to at *2 - everyone that I've spoken to has told me that they can only replace my TP with a TP and if I want a TP2 I have to speak to a store manager.
see, that's what i posted a few pages back! get it on record from *2, then go to SEVERAL repair centers. i just picked up a samsung moment for the mrs. and jacksonville, florida is still doing the exchanges. i guess some stores have reached the max on ordering them, some stores have not. KEEP TRYING!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro