PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2009, 09:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Carrier formerly known as Alltel

diveman is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiveman is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiveman is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiveman is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cant get warranty phone from Alltel

I was (still am) having issues with touch pro keyboard(working whenever it wanted to-u know the regular keyboard crap) i called alltel and they told me they were sorry the phone was backordered but they would overnight it to me when it got back in stock on the 23rd. i called on the 24th and asked where my phone was and they told me it was still backordered we are sorry but we will have it to you on 9-2. well i called today and they told me it was now backordered until the 16th. that will be almost a month. they were really unwilling to do anything for me. i have been with alltel for 9 years but i guess that means nothing since they will soon be Verizon. Any suggestions?
Old 09-02-2009, 09:43 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac
Re: Cant get warranty phone from Alltel

wow dang im glad i got my phone when i did. it was backordered a week only. when i got mine though it was a piece of crap so hope the next one you get is just as good as a new one
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel RIP

arbdef is just getting started

I was told the same thing. My signal is like watching a game of pong it goes back and forth between evdo rev a and 1x so i have been in back order hell for a month now. The final verdict is that HTC is not going to produce anymore of the Touch Pros. I am thinking the best bet is to keep trying till the touch pro 2 comes out and then have them swap to that. They offered me my choice of a blackberry or a palm and when i told them that they are lightyears behind the HTC they wanted to argue that blackberrys are better. Long story short Sprint I will see you in a couple of months.
Just a side note we compared my alltel plan with no discount to a verizon plan where I get a 19% discount and the verizon plan still cost $20 a month more. I was also told that when alltel people renew their contract after verizon takes over they will not be grandfathered in their own plan and will have to chose a verizon plan. BOOOO
Old 09-02-2009, 10:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

diveman is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiveman is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiveman is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiveman is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbdef View Post
I was told the same thing. My signal is like watching a game of pong it goes back and forth between evdo rev a and 1x so i have been in back order hell for a month now. The final verdict is that HTC is not going to produce anymore of the Touch Pros. I am thinking the best bet is to keep trying till the touch pro 2 comes out and then have them swap to that. They offered me my choice of a blackberry or a palm and when i told them that they are lightyears behind the HTC they wanted to argue that blackberrys are better. Long story short Sprint I will see you in a couple of months.
Just a side note we compared my alltel plan with no discount to a verizon plan where I get a 19% discount and the verizon plan still cost $20 a month more. I was also told that when alltel people renew their contract after verizon takes over they will not be grandfathered in their own plan and will have to chose a verizon plan. BOOOO
all alltel was willing to do for me was give me some credit on my bill for compensation. im curious if you heard about the paln ting from an in store rep or from *611 tech support. because i was told the same thing from in store rep then when i called alltel a tech told me that it was false and our plan would stay the same including my 22 mycircle numbers for my wife and i being withthem for 9 years. only thing that may vary is plus or minus $4 due to Verizon having different tax rates. i think the store reps are pushing people to switch to verizon.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

chuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'd give them a little tough love! I had 2 warranty phones and finally said that I was sick and tired of getting phones from them that didnt work. I wasnt mean or disrespectful, I just stated my case. The rep found one in stock at a local store, made some notes in my account and said to stop in a pick up a new phone.

I would just call back and ask if anyone has one in stock in your area and that you'd like to pick one up in a store. That's how they used to do it anyway, if you talk to the right person I'm sure they can help.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuggy View Post
I'd give them a little tough love! I had 2 warranty phones and finally said that I was sick and tired of getting phones from them that didnt work. I wasnt mean or disrespectful, I just stated my case. The rep found one in stock at a local store, made some notes in my account and said to stop in a pick up a new phone.

I would just call back and ask if anyone has one in stock in your area and that you'd like to pick one up in a store. That's how they used to do it anyway, if you talk to the right person I'm sure they can help.
well here in lies the problem with that. my local store has switched to a verizon storefront. they have specific reps for helping alltel customers. they dont even carry the Verizon touch pro in store. ive tried. but i thank you. i did call htc and they told me to send it in for repairs and their turn around time is 1 week. instead of waiting another 2. this might be the better alternative? the local store will give me a loaner phone no problem.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

chuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Are there any other Alltel stores anywhere near you? I'd say by far your best bet is to get them to replace your phone with a new one. If you send it out I'd say you have a 50/50 chance of getting it back in working order. It seems to me that when these techs refurbish a phone they may fix one problem, and create 2.

Maybe Alltel would find one somewhere near you and you could talk a roadie to go get it. On a side note, i swear that i have hear people mention that their keyboard issues were solved by flashing to a cooked rom.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel RIP

arbdef is just getting started

An in store rep told me that when I renew then I would have to go to a verizon plan. All of the Alltel stores were closed here except two and neither of them have any TPs I miss alltel already I never had this problem with them. There are so many things uncertain it is sad. People are saying that alltel branded phones won't work, that verizon will force plan upgrades and such like that it is a PR mess. I see a big chunk of alltel subscribers leaving as verizon assimilates them into their system.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:26 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

just hold out till the tp2 for verizon comes out. thats what im gonna do.....the, again i dont have a problem with my phone and as sooon as my contract ends the tp2 "SHOULD" be out by then
Old 09-03-2009, 10:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuggy View Post
Are there any other Alltel stores anywhere near you? I'd say by far your best bet is to get them to replace your phone with a new one. If you send it out I'd say you have a 50/50 chance of getting it back in working order. It seems to me that when these techs refurbish a phone they may fix one problem, and create 2.

Maybe Alltel would find one somewhere near you and you could talk a roadie to go get it. On a side note, i swear that i have hear people mention that their keyboard issues were solved by flashing to a cooked rom.
Update: i went back to Alltel store this morning and they took care of me. they remembered me from last week and i guess felt bad for me. thank you chuggy. you were right i kept my cool and just told em how i paid for a touch pro not a diamond and the took care of me. As far as the flashing a cooked rom....I flash at a minimum of 5 to 6 times a week. they all do the same thing. im pretty sure its do to the design flaw here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=62876 .

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro